• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cfA5i.gif

That's pretty sweet.

Live action mini-movie for Sleeping Dogs is actually fucking awesome!?! Expected the cheese to continue and be a shitty fight but they pulled it off perfect. This is one of the awesome things you can do in the internet age, marketing with no fucking care for classification or censoring yourself. Just do what is best for the product. So awesome.

EVERYBODY GO WATCH IT NOW AND THEN PRE-ORDER

Dead Man

Live action mini-movie for Sleeping Dogs is actually fucking awesome!?! Expected the cheese to continue and be a shitty fight but they pulled it off perfect. This is one of the awesome things you can do in the internet age, marketing with no fucking care for classification or censoring yourself. Just do what is best for the product. So awesome.

The DLC list concerns me.

Sleeping Dogs - HiRes DLC Retail
Sleeping Dogs - Japanese Presell Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Prima Guide
Sleeping Dogs - Retro Triad Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Top Dog Silver Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Top Dog Gold Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Red Envelope Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The High Roller Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Swat Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Tactical Soldier
Sleeping Dogs - Street Racer Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Movie Masters #1
Sleeping Dogs - Police Protection Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Martial Arts Pack
Sleeping Dogs - GSP Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Deep Undercover Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Triad Enforcer Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Dragon Master Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Drunken Master
Sleeping Dogs - Nightmare in North Point
Sleeping Dogs - Square Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Zodiac Tournament
Sleeping Dogs - Transportation Terror Pack

But other than that it seems like they have taken a bit from each of the best open world games of late.

remz

The DLC list concerns me.

Sleeping Dogs - HiRes DLC Retail
Sleeping Dogs - Japanese Presell Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Prima Guide
Sleeping Dogs - Retro Triad Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Top Dog Silver Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Top Dog Gold Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Red Envelope Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The High Roller Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Swat Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Tactical Soldier
Sleeping Dogs - Street Racer Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Movie Masters #1
Sleeping Dogs - Police Protection Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Martial Arts Pack
Sleeping Dogs - GSP Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Deep Undercover Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Triad Enforcer Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Dragon Master Pack
Sleeping Dogs - The Drunken Master
Sleeping Dogs - Nightmare in North Point
Sleeping Dogs - Square Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Zodiac Tournament
Sleeping Dogs - Transportation Terror Pack

But other than that it seems like they have taken a bit from each of the best open world games of late.

I read this as Snoop Dogg's and was very, very confused

Sleeping Dogs DLC is just unimportant bullshit like Saints Row 3, pay it no attention. They will have a bundle of costumes/moves for like $5 during the Xmas Steam sale if you really feel like doing a replay at some point but the game looks to have enough fight moves that the DLC seems like extra cherries on top.

High Res PC textures will be awesome though! Probably come late like with RAGE, iron out the kinks.

Danoss

High Res PC textures will be awesome though! Probably come late like with RAGE, iron out the kinks.

You shouldn't have to pay for that though, it should be included in the base game price. Either that or free DLC later if they're working on it at the time of release.

You shouldn't have to pay for that though, it should be included in the base game price. Either that or free DLC later if they're working on it at the time of release.

No way in hell it will be paid DLC. Not a chance. Zero.

To be honest by the way it is worded I am starting to think it will just be another clothing pack since it says Retail in it, as if it is a retail related pre-order bonus.

Best case scenario it will be a texture pack that they separated so they could fit it all on one DVD or something. Makes the most sense. They will get torn to shreds if they try and charge for it, won't fly one bit.

Dead Man

Sleeping Dogs DLC is just unimportant bullshit like Saints Row 3, pay it no attention. They will have a bundle of costumes/moves for like $5 during the Xmas Steam sale if you really feel like doing a replay at some point but the game looks to have enough fight moves that the DLC seems like extra cherries on top.

Yeah, still getting it. Ozgameshop has the SE (just all the pre order shit) for $60.0, for us console peasants.

hamchan

Awesome video. I enjoyed the random puk gai lol. I really wanted to buy it from GMG for like $30 but with so many games I'll have to wait. If it's still that price by the end of the year i'll buy it.

Dead Man

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-...bitter-battle-with-swimming-australia/4183402

Dodgy bastards.

Many athletes had left for final preparations and race meetings overseas when Swimming Australia's executives changed the funding for swimmers to a "high-performance model".

That meant swimmers would be paid a small base rate and a large fee if, and only if, they were successful: $35,000 cash for gold ... $20,000 for bronze ... $4,000 for eighth. Nothing for less.

Swimming Australia said this would help its golden vision to become "the world's number one swimming nation", but swimmers were outraged.

And unlike tough performance hurdles forced on swimmers before the games, Kevin Neil secured himself a lucrative five-year contract extension that swimmers believe to be worth about $340,000 a year.

Coach Leigh Nugent has also had his contract extended until the next Olympics.

Today, the executives tried to change Swimming Australia's constitution to extend the term of president David Urquhart.

Once again, swimmers were not consulted.

Also, POOS, LOL

Omikron

Meanwhile the Kookaburras (Aus mens hockey team) played some awesome hockey this evening. Really great to watch. Beat Pakistan 7 zip.

Raxum

I love the RSA talks, some of them have actually helped me quite a bit. Kind of wish that more managers and such would watch those videos, as some of them just don't seem to get human behaviour at all.

Also, found this article in relation to Scipione. Good to see someone sticking up for video games in mainstream media, but there seem to be a few fallacies in there, like the "Top Five Most Violent Video Games" bit at the bottom. Really? No manhunt? No Mortal Kombat?

And damn, dat soundwave line-up, wish I could handle crowds well enough to be able to go to that.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Not a bad lineup. Most of it is kinda weak though compared to what they had this year.

I might go though, APC is something I would love to check out, depending on what the heck they play. I've seen metallica before so whatevs. The offspring if they play old stuff, periphery would be cool to see and thats about it? Stone sour I guess but again, needs old stuff!

Yagharek

Because people gave them free passes in the past.

"Always online DRM? OMG UBISFOT YOU BAD!"

"Always online DRM? Blizzard I love you take mah money!"

Ding ding ding, we have a winner already. Valve and blizzard just showing their true colours, like bethesda, bioware , ea and activision before them.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Not a bad lineup. Most of it is kinda weak though compared to what they had this year.

I might go though, APC is something I would love to check out, depending on what the heck they play. I've seen metallica before so whatevs. The offspring if they play old stuff, periphery would be cool to see and thats about it? Stone sour I guess but again, needs old stuff!
That's only the first announcement. There'll be at least 1 more. Sometimes they save the best til last. Still chuffed to see Metallica and periphery though

Raxum

How is it that blizzard and valve are being bigger dicks to their customers than ea at the moment?

Wait, valve are being dicks to their customers? I think I missed some news...

Unless this is about the subscriber agreement thing.

Definitely agree with Markot about Blizz though, never really thought they were being consumer friendly though.

Edit: I think I found it, the Valve asking people to stop gifting between countries and trying to stop VPN purchasing? That does seem like a dick move, and goes against the whole global aspect of digital distribution, but do they have a good reason for this? I dunno, so far the thread seems to be lacking perspective and information from Valve/more than a couple of people being asked to stop gifting. I'm only on the first page though.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Ooh they sound alright. Will have to check them out on the day. Never heard of them before. So hyped right now

That leg stab. ergh. awesome.

go atlassian. edit: the 24 hours of freedom happens at games dev studios a LOT for prototyping new games. telltale have weeklong prototyping sessions for their new games.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
holy crap this wind

I think I found it, the Valve asking people to stop gifting between countries and trying to stop VPN purchasing?
Wait, where is a post about that? Everyone in the Steam thread are still gifting stuff around.... I thought it was just the usual stance on using a VPN to get Russian keys for 25c.

the 24 hours of freedom happens at games dev studios a LOT for prototyping new games. telltale have weeklong prototyping sessions for their new games.
Valve have some awesome prototype videos that came out recently, including a few that inspired Portal 2 with the robots. You could also argue that the 2 week Amnesia prototyping saved Double Fine from closing too, damn awesoem games came out of that freedom of expression process.

Raxum

Wait, where is a post about that? Everyone in the Steam thread are still gifting stuff around.... I thought it was just the usual stance on using a VPN to get Russian keys for 25c.

Valve have some awesome prototype videos that came out recently, including a few that inspired Portal 2 with the robots. You could also argue that the 2 week Amnesia prototyping saved Double Fine from closing too, damn awesoem games came out of that freedom of expression process.

Upon reading more of the thread, it seems that this is the case. Valve seems to be cracking down on the VPN thing and it seems that a few people who gift a LOT of games to other countries got a few restrictions on them during sales and stuff because they got mistaken for VPN accounts or something.

Also, the freedom of expression process is amazing for a lot of companies. I saw a video of what happened at Bethesda when they got given a week to add anything they wanted into Skyrim, and they added mounted combat, spears, huge bosses, interesting spells and stuff that would've been amazing to have in the released game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom