• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about those Broncos in your absence?

Oh man I know. They've self destructed. I haven't seen the last two, but they've gone from being in the top four/two the entire season to possibly missing the finals. It's ridiculous. I still think Hook is a quality couch, I'm not ready to throw him under the bus yet. Some of the vets have to step up and pull this together. I'm looking at you Thaiday, Parker and Wallace.

Fusebox

Banned
So I'm back from Japan. It was amazing. I only wish I could speak Japanese beyond "yes", "thank you" and "good morning"

Akihabara is the single most mental place I've ever been. Kyoto is awesome, Hiroshima is really sad, but also great.

The phrases I used most were "Excuse me", "How much is that?" and "I'll take it!"

My "friend" has been giving me shit about a Rolling Stone pinball machine somewhere in the city in Brisbane. I've been getting in to pinball lately, and I'd really like to try this, but he's holding out on the location.

Anyone know where this elusive machine lives?

Yagharek

My "friend" has been giving me shit about a Rolling Stone pinball machine somewhere in the city in Brisbane. I've been getting in to pinball lately, and I'd really like to try this, but he's holding out on the location.

It's been made redundant and in its place is a nephew of a new minister who will gladly take your 20c coins.

jambo

It's just preposterous. If video games had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Deeku

It's significantly less embarrassing than falling asleep in class. My half asleep notes are pretty hilarious though.
I feel like we are doomed to never have a proper meeting ;.;
I got busted for sleeping in the library once. Woman was all like "if you wana sleep, go home" ;.;

Yagharek

goddamn the stars are aligning for the Sydney Swans....

the other Swan got suspended for a couple of weeks for boozing >_>

I dont mind seeing Sydney win if they do so playing the football they have been.

I dont want to see geelong win another, hawthorn get anywhere near it, or collingwood ever again. West coast winning would be unbearable living in WA.

That leaves Adelaide who I dont mind, and Sydney as the only viable contenders in the 8 who I dont despise.

Essendon/North/Fremantle dont have a shot unless the stars align and they do a steve bradbury.

edit: a sydney vs adelaide final would be a damn good game to watch I reckon. Non-traditional rivals, and both teams capable of some impressive football. Also helps that they are generally pretty good fair players in both sides too.

Dead Man

goddamn the stars are aligning for the Sydney Swans....

the other Swan got suspended for a couple of weeks for boozing >_>

Bloody moron.

I dont mind seeing Sydney win if they do so playing the football they have been.

I dont want to see geelong win another, hawthorn get anywhere near it, or collingwood ever again. West coast winning would be unbearable living in WA.

That leaves Adelaide who I dont mind, and Sydney as the only viable contenders in the 8 who I dont despise.

Essendon/North/Fremantle dont have a shot unless the stars align and they do a steve bradbury.

edit: a sydney vs adelaide final would be a damn good game to watch I reckon. Non-traditional rivals, and both teams capable of some impressive football. Also helps that they are generally pretty good fair players in both sides too.

What, and reignite the debate about all GF's being at the MCG?

There's an AC/DC and a Transformers one at timezone. Maybe try the arcade at the myer centre at the movies.

I got busted for sleeping in the library once. Woman was all like "if you wana sleep, go home" ;.;
:( That's so mean! What if you are sleepy but have class soon? Luckily we've got lots of sunny grassy areas that are nice for lazing on as well.
The trick is to have a book, and possibly a pen in hand so if someone comes by it looks like you're busy working :p Also sitting in the corner helps.
Next Thursday ? I have a moderation meeting, to remedy my wild inexperience at marking essays.
Also, I suppose, to help me take a more dispassionate approach to it. Which isn't easy.
As in the 16th? Sounds good :D Let me know when you're free. I have class at 2 but that's it.

I hope you don't have too much to mark =/ I imagine it eats up a fair amount of time..
You should post dumb stuff that your students write here! Though I guess that would be extremely unprofessional/unethical.
But also amusing.

Just chiming in that I received my Double Fine Backer Rewards last Monday, the 30th of July. I received my notification of shipping on the 11th of July. Some people may want to check their spam filters, because the email came from Fangamer Mailroom (orders@faangamer.com) with a subject line of DFA Shipping Confirmation: Order KICKDFA-#---- which took me a second to realise what the funch I had ordered from Fangamer.

Jintor

:( That's so mean! What if you are sleepy but have class soon? Luckily we've got lots of sunny grassy areas that are nice for lazing on as well.
The trick is to have a book, and possibly a pen in hand so if someone comes by it looks like you're busy working :p Also sitting in the corner helps.

Actually, if you're sleeping in the library gtfo. I have work to do and power points are a non-renewable resource.

Just chiming in that I received my Double Fine Backer Rewards last Monday, the 30th of July. I received my notification of shipping on the 11th of July. Some people may want to check their spam filters, because the email came from Fangamer Mailroom (orders@faangamer.com) with a subject line of DFA Shipping Confirmation: Order KICKDFA-#---- which took me a second to realise what the funch I had ordered from Fangamer.

Nope. Tim hates me confirmed :(

george-michael-snoopy6bfg7.gif

FINE REHOSTED HMMMPH

Actually, if you're sleeping in the library gtfo. I have work to do and power points are a non-renewable resource.

It depends how crowded it is really :p Usually there's space for everyone. What really shits me is people who sit at the library computers with their laptops in front. I don't even?! What!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom