• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

i'm so goddamn excited about MARS

bzAGL.jpg

Aaaawwwwwww poop!

I was hoping the Curiosity Rover was going to be driven by Dean and Rob from the Curiosity Show.

Interest dwindling...

jambo

Awesome to think the other rovers are eight years old, and one is still moving. I think the other got bogged.

First one (Mars Pathfinder) only lasted about 3 months, second one (Spirit) lasted a lot longer, something like 6 years, third one (Opportunity) is still going after 8 years.

The new one should last a few decades with it's improved power source and stronger structure.

Yagharek

First one (Mars Pathfinder) only lasted about 3 months, second one (Spirit) lasted a lot longer, something like 6 years, third one (Opportunity) is still going after 8 years.

The new one should last a few decades with it's improved power source and stronger structure.

Spirit and Opportunity were both landed around the same time, and expected to work for a few months, although they hoped for more.

I think Cassini-Huygens was another fantastic success too since it imaged lakes of hydrocarbons on Titan.

Anyone bought off gamestop in the US? Mortal Kombat Vita for $10!!

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/mortal-kombat/98982

Can't say I have. Reading through their FAQ, this:

Address verification for International orders
It is very difficult to obtain verification information from banks outside of the United States and Canada. For your protection, in most cases you will be required to fax us a copy of your most recent credit card statement. If you are ordering from outside the US or Canada, your credit card issuing bank and ask them to release address verification information to GameStop.com. Without this verification, we will be unable to process your order.

Sounds like a bit of a bother. $10 for MK Vita is an absolute steal that'd probably make it worthwhile, though.

So I'm back from Japan. It was amazing. I only wish I could speak Japanese beyond "yes", "thank you" and "good morning"

Akihabara is the single most mental place I've ever been. Kyoto is awesome, Hiroshima is really sad, but also great.

Jintor

Goddamn I want to go back. I did interview some people from Japan this morning so maybe that counts.

I'm playing NationStates again.

I'm going through my close to 1000 photos. Whittling down the out of focus, doubles and shit. (They're mostly shit). I took at least one specifically for GAF.

Deeku

If things work out well, I'll be in tokyo for a weekend next month:D

But I really want to do a big tour of the other more interesting parts of japan soon.

We're going in October. The list currently includes places like Takayama, Kanagawa, Matsumoto, Tsumago, Magome, Miyajima (as well as the usual Osaka, Hiroshima, Tokyo).

Qanda recap:

George Brandis is the biggest twat I have ever seen. When asked a question about the LNP cutting civil unions and surrogacy he replied 'actually nothing has changed and the LNP has just made it official policy to support civil unions'. um, what.
Bob Katter was amusing and weirdly enough talked some sense (sometimes).

Yagharek

Qanda recap:

George Brandis is the biggest twat I have ever seen. When asked a question about the LNP cutting civil unions and surrogacy he replied 'actually nothing has changed and the LNP has just made it official policy to support civil unions'. um, what.

At this stage there is a higher average IQ on Big Brother than there is on QandA.

Yagharek

Oh my fucking god. QandA repeat on here in WA.

These clowns are so fucking stupid it is infuriating.

Why do we need to give equal airtime to views that restrict the rights of others? Conservatives have no right to force their morals on everyone else, yet they think they are being oppressed if they cant keep offending and discriminating against others.

So fucking stupid.

And now katter wants to devalue it as if its not even important.

Fucking hell.

Yagharek

katter is a buffoon.

The only issues that exist in the only world according to him are farmers and whatever crawls into his hole from time to time.

Nothing else in the world is important apparently.

I cant wait til the day he quits parliament.

Yagharek

At least that woman on the right (Debbie Kilroy?) finished on a high note. Angry and insightful finishing comments. Katie Noonan did well too.

Everyone else should be ashamed of themselves.

I just realised that I think I registered my Guild Wars 2 prepurchase under a new NCSoft account and not my pre-existing one. Why do NCsoft use email fucking addresses for everything. It's really hard to keep track of/understand what's going on.

Yagharek

Hawthorn star Lance Franklin has been involved in a car accident, according to a statement released by the Hawks.

"Lance is shaken but has not sustained injury in the accident, while the driver of the other vehicle involved has been treated for an arm injury," the statement said.

The 25-year-old Franklin had his licence suspended for six months for a speeding violation incurred on July 19, but the cancellation period does not commence until 28 days after the infringement.

Franklin has missed the last four games through a hamstring injury but was expected to make his return against Port Adelaide in Tasmania on Sunday.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-06/unlicensed-buddy-involved-in-car-crash/4181268

So he gets done for speeding, has his license suspended for six months effective next week, and in the meantime can keep driving long enough to injure someone else.

What a fucktard.

:O

So much culture, so jelly!
Yeah, I think it's a pretty reasonable list and route we'll be taking. Most of the places we'll only be in for a day or as a day trip (overnight in Tsumago and Magome, hopefully in Ryokans there as we're planning on doing the popular post town walk between the two).

If anyone's been to any of those places (Takayama, Kanagawa, Matsumoto, Tsumago, Magome, Miyajima), are they worth the trip?

Stackboy

Qanda recap:

I've given up on Q and A. I find the formula frustrating every time I watch it.

I've given up on Q and A. I find the formula frustrating every time I watch it.

Some of the episodes have been very good, and none of those episodes feature politicians shouting out the party line and not answering the questions. They're really bringing the show down. I tend to tune out whenever one of them opens their mouth, since they never seem to have anything interesting or relevant to say. And they all use the same speech patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom