• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Okay, to facilitate future AusGAF efforts, I've created a custom google map where we can stuff pins into it to indicate our location. I recommend just jamming it into the city just for privacy purposes, rather than actually putting down where you actually are. Quote to see. It should be editable for everybody right now but we'll see how that goes.

Dead Man

Okay, to facilitate future AusGAF efforts, I've created a custom google map where we can stuff pins into it to indicate our location. I recommend just jamming it into the city just for privacy purposes, rather than actually putting down where you actually are. Quote to see. It should be editable for everybody right now but we'll see how that goes.

Like so?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Pretty cool idea, just marked myself down there. Although I wonder if I really should call myself melbgaf when I actually live in the Geelong area.;p

Jintor

Maybe better to title the pins Sydgaf, Melgaf, Radgaf etc. and add your name to the text list, just to prevent overcrowding since we're probably concentrated in the cities.

Currently $20 for the first hardcover at BookDepository. Might wait to see what the print quality is like before biting in case I decide to wait for paperback again. Would LOVE that $100 CE though, doubt I will get in before they sell out.

Pretty cool idea, just marked myself down there. Although I wonder if I really should call myself melbgaf when I actually live in the Geelong area.;p

Had no idea you were GeeGAF! We should have done a meetup with Shaneus at some point. I think there is one other AusGAF person who rarely posts who lives in Geelong too.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Had no idea you were GeeGAF! We should have done a meetup with Shaneus at some point. I think there is one other AusGAF person who rarely posts who lives in Geelong too.
Yeah it's pretty weird when I saw Yakuza : dead souls absent from the shelf at my local jb-hi fi the other week, because you were the one that bought it, small world!

I didn't realise laf was ausgaf until he was at the meetup ><

Maybe better to title the pins Sydgaf, Melgaf, Radgaf etc. and add your name to the text list, just to prevent overcrowding since we're probably concentrated in the cities.

ITs missing Bris-gaf :p EDIT: hang on I figured out how to use it =/

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Would they seriously have ordered in only one copy though? Come on now
Nah, I've actually been paying attention to that one copy of yakuza dead soul that was sitting there a week before reptilescorpio bought it. I know for a fact he was the one that bought it.:p

Is that Jordon, or is he Wheel of Time? I always get my sprawling fantasy book franchises mixed up.

Man don't even get me started on Wheel of Time. I read all of the books. They were confusing but leading somewhere. Then Jordan dies. Now I have no idea what happened and I'm not reading 11 fucking books in order to read 2 more.

I'd stop there. The Wise Man's Fear isn't really very good.

Scott Lynch's Gentlemen Bastards books are a decent bet.

Goddamn it I just started it. I'm enjoying it so far. I'll probably stick with it. There were times I didn't like the way he wrote in the first one. He repeated lines and stuff like that. But in general I thought it was really well written. I mean how many fantasy books do you read that don't rely on constant murder and death? Also sex

Nah, I've actually been paying attention to that one copy of yakuza dead soul that was sitting there a week before reptilescorpio bought it. I know for a fact he was the one that bought it.:p
A mate of mine is going in on Friday to ask for the actual content! Thankfully he is making a trip down here to see his folks so I get Dead Souls AND a Thomas training bike brought down!

Whats the deal with Geelong anyway? Why would you live there when Melbourne is right next door?!
lol why would you live in Melbourne? Geelong has all the advantages of Melbourne but with a lot less hassle. Way way quieter and comfortable than Melbourne and if you DO want to go to Melbourne there is a train leaving every hour that takes just under an hour to arrive there! Great food, great beaches, great travel time. Cheaper rent too.

Fuck me equestrian is boring. Also how is it an Olympic sport? It relies so much on the horse. What's the difference between that and motorsport?

More control over a cars direction than a horse maybe. I dunno. I really don't give a flying fuck about either sport.

Just give me a heads up when that Kerry Packer One Day Cricket thing comes on once the Olympics are finally finished.

Rezbit

lol why would you live in Melbourne? Geelong has all the advantages of Melbourne but with a lot less hassle. Way way quieter and comfortable than Melbourne and if you DO want to go to Melbourne there is a train leaving every hour that takes just under an hour to arrive there! Great food, great beaches, great travel time. Cheaper rent too.

All the advantages? C'mon son.

Sims 3 on steam is awful (I have it on not steam but I wanted the expansion packs). It lags when my internet lags, it keeps suggesting I buy things, it keeps trying to make me sign in with facebook so I can 'share moments'. ugggghhhh.

I never noticed that shan had silly number in her name until I checked the map

It was a silly decision that I regret every day :(

EatChildren might be able to fix it for you, or tell you who to ask. I'm not up with who can do what on these forums.

:O really?

I... I don't know anymore. Now that you say I can take the numbers away I'm oddly attached o_O Would I keep the shanshan, or just be a shan...?

Well, if Eatchildren comes in and sees this, let me know anyway.

After having not watched much on Nine's olympic coverage. How the fuck can they not have a guide as to whats on and at what specific time. I want to watch the bmx but I am not going to sit through god knows how long of equestrian.

After having not watched much on Nine's olympic coverage. How the fuck can they not have a guide as to whats on and at what specific time. I want to watch the bmx but I am not going to sit through god knows how long of equestrian.

I take some of that back. Just saw one flash on tv then. First one I've seen in the past hour. From 12am for bmx.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Shanshan you should probably remove the numbers asap if you want me to take your posts more seriously, as I have a hard time taking posters with numbers in their name seriously.

legend166

Shanshan you should probably remove the numbers asap if you want me to take your posts more seriously, as I have a hard time taking posters with numbers in their name seriously.

;_;

Also, 7 points at quarter time. If we can keep it within 20 that would be good.

Rahk

Also, has anyone read the Name of the Wind books? I just read the first one and loved it.
The second one is a bit disappointing compared to the first, but still worth a read if you enjoyed it.

I'm still looking forward to the next one, although I'm not confident he'll address everything since it's the last book in the series and there is seemingly a lot to cover.

jambo

Fuck, I'm outta here, the motorsport people are coming!
I agree that they're both terrible.

I have every round of this years Formula 1 championship recorded on my Foxtel box.

If you're note careful...

eehA0.jpg

EDIT: Just saw that the FlatOut Complete Pack is only $7.49 on Steam atm. AusGAF should buy and play it!

Danoss

I have every round of this years Formula 1 championship recorded on my Foxtel box.

If you're note careful...

eehA0.jpg

See what I mean FallbackPants? Motorsport people...

Edit: The folks over at 500px are down for maintenance, but at least the screen for it is entertaining. Check it out.

Oh God I hate being sick. It's midday and I feel like I need to collapse :'( Even the fact that I was able to spend a good chunk of the morning playing Xenoblade can't make up for it.

I have the sneaking suspicion that the hits I get on my blog are all from people who stumble upon it looking for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom