• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
625688_10151129925932277_893341923_n.jpg

"Rad"elaideGAF

Jintor

So Dark Souls on PC: They did fuck up the graphics option.

Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

So, saddle it with GFWL, and fuck up the graphics. Then, when the games don't sell, claim PC gamers don't buy games and never port anything over again.

xXx*Sleeping Dogs*xXx ?
y9rKS.jpg

What's that? Why should I even give a shit about some castaway piece of shit video game that even Actishit felt wasn't good enough to entice enough unwashed masses to turn a profit? They made the biggest selling game(s) of all time! How could they be wrong!

WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE
ibsStGo6I00fKh.gif

They aren't Liam Neeson or some shit, they don't know the future, they don't know how the fuck the game is going to be accepted! Plenty of people who have seen the game bloom like a delicate Japanese flower have even said they knew it would go on to be one of the most enjoyed and divine* experiences of the generation!

JnXYX.jpg

What is Sleeping Dogs?
Think True Crime. Touted as the anti-GTA by marketing people who knew people did not understand that anti-GTA should mean Jack Thompson Simulator, this series basically made you an undercover cop rather than just a regular criminal. It was pretty good! Nothing on the orgasmic GTA3 trilogy (which even GTA4 could not live up to) but good fun anyway. It was originally something original then ActigoingdowntheshitterasidefromCoDandBlizzard decided to force the True Crime name onto them, along with all the gameplay/content expectations of previous players.
But who cares! The game is awesome! You are UNDERCOVER COP in the Hong Kong criminal stuff. You fuck shit up and take names and fill out tedious paperwork for every bullet shell left to littler the meticulous streets and every fruit cart that is hijacked/exploded in the name of justice.

Video of a mission! Shows most of the fun stuff!

You beat the shit out of guys, kind of like Arkham City but more like Yakuza or more like God Hand. Probably

You shoot the shit out of gents, kind of like Max Payne but more like Uncharted or more like The Bourne Identity (seriously, go buy this game, it fucking rocks). I think.

You parkour over homosapiens, kind of like Mirrors Edge but more like Vanquish or more like Uncharted (again!)(because Gears is more stop and prop, not keep moving because you are a seven hundred and fucking fifty seven kilogram sack of meat in Gears). I expect!

You drive into piles of flesh wrapped in T-shirts at high speed, kind of like... actually I'm not sure if you can run over NPC's since you are meant to be a cop. Well, you CAN jump from car to car or bike!

Basically the whole game is really influenced by Hong Kong action flick. If you like Hong Kong action flicks you will probably get a lot of enjoyment out of this. And HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE HONG KONG ACTION FLICKS. Also the three above elements are boosted by stuff like QTE conversations and investigations or something. Like Shenmue! You guys liked Shenmue right? Consider this Shenmue 3! Main thing is the combat has huge depth to it.

Yakuza
True Crime
Grand Theft Auto
Shemue
God Fist (?)

Mix it all up and you probably get SLEEPING DOGS!

So PC version hey? Oh yeah, EVERYONE fucks up the PC port right!
Wrong!
This is a Square/Enix/Eidos game! They have this shit on the top of their to-do list (right after your mom) after their K&L2, Deus Ex 3 and Guardian of Light ports were topfuckingnotch.
DirectX 11!
Nvidia 3D
Nvidia Multi Screen Monitor
AMD EyeFinity
HD-AO
Nvidia SLi
AMD Crossfire
Xbox360 Controller Support
Auto-switch between controller/M&K
Increased Small Object Detail
High Resolution Texture Support
High Resolution Shadows
High Quality Shadow Filters
Soft Particles
High Quality SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion)
High Quality Motion Blur
Super Sample Anti-Aliasing
Not to mention High Res Texture Pack through Steam for free! Don't want people complaining about having to download so much crap so you can grab it if you choose to!

Best of all this awesomeness is only $33.75 on PC! Steamworks! Buy your key where ever the fuck you want and have it download/play/update through Steam! $33.75 at launch!
ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE
At GreenManGaming! Comes with some pre-order bullshit too! Use the coupon at checkout! Key will be in My Games tab, just copypasta into Steam!

Console peasant? Buy a PC already!
Actually no real rush needed. OzGameShop has you covered! $47 for the PS3 or 360 version of the game. I would expect Big W or JB to have it around the $70-80 mark at release if you really want to go local.

You need more convincing? This is the kind of support they have! An awesome live-action trailer of sorts that gives you an idea of the world that the game inhabits.

Also Emma Stone is in this game!
tumblr_m87lp0ZsBO1rb9n1ho1_500.gif

*divine is dependant on my definition of divinity at the time, if I am worshipping a spaghetti creature, or maybe even Lord Master Glass-In-Penus, it may mean that divine in this case is a game you don't actually enjoy or think much of. This is entirely your fault and both myself and Square Enix/United Front Games/(Whoever else you feel has stolen $33.75-$120 of your hard earned post-carbon taxapocalypse dollars) should not be at fault for you listening to a man that has drunk way more scotch than he should on a school work night.

I see why you'd take an hour to write that up, you silly goose.

Well GAF went down and I had to refill my scotch glass twice!
Also the new Futurama episode distracted me.
Also for some reason I felt compelled to listen to every Gilgamesh album again. At least they are all awesome.

Jintor

Honestly, I might just buy it because given the setting there's a chance it might have some ASIANS in a goddamn VIDEOGAME and that's a thing I like.

PS add yourselves to the map suckers, quote to see

I think they moved servers and all the down time is to run tests for worst case scenarios in the future.

You should post that in the OT of the game yo. People will be impressed.

Slightly concerned people will think I am shilling and report me to mods. At least in here EatChildren is likely to see that I just get excited about 7/10ish games and will see I am just trying to highlight a possible BEST GAME EVA for people.

I think at this point Alpha Protocol is somehow the best game of the generation for me :/
Not sure when that happened.

I also need to say that Square have been awesome at getting Eidos back catalogue up on GOG, Legacy of Kain: Defiance just hit for $6!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
reptilescorpio convinced me to check out sleeping dogs with his post.
So Dark Souls on PC: They did fuck up the graphics option.

So, saddle it with GFWL, and fuck up the graphics. Then, when the games don't sell, claim PC gamers don't buy games and never port anything over again.
Honestly the game is so good that any PC-exclusive gamer is kicking themselves in the foot if they don't buy it eventually.>_> I definitely don't support buying it day-one at full price though, can't wait for it to be $10-20 on steam this christmas lol.

Deeku

Jintor said:
Honestly, I might just buy it because given the setting there's a chance it might have some ASIANS in a goddamn VIDEOGAME and that's a thing I like.
Yeah I'm buying it purely for the asian-ness of the game. Plus, going by what I saw in the gb quicklook, it seems they've done some thorough research into cantonese swearing lol. And there's canto hip hop, which is virtually non-existant in real life.

Actual game looks meh, but I haven't played a janky open world game in aaaaaages so I'll probably dig it!

Also, go rhythmic gymnastics!

midonnay

awww must have missed that bit.... just turned on the tv

btw what was up with yesterday when the pole vaulters went on strike... officials should have gone "no jump...you're all disqualified"

Rezbit

awww must have missed that bit.... just turned on the tv

btw what was up with yesterday when the pole vaulters went on strike... officials should have gone "no jump...you're all disqualified"

They didn't go "on strike" as such, it was just to save themselves another 2 hours of jumping. They were all happy sit on what they had and just go straight to finals. So with some rigorous negotiating they agreed to send 2 extra dudes into the final.

midonnay

yeah, but the athletes shouldn't be dictating to the competition officials....

I don't see that happening in other events...

its not like they're exerting themselves like the 1500m and are overly fatigued by jumping until they get a top 12.

Rezbit

yeah, but the athletes shouldn't be dictating to the competition officials....

I don't see that happening in other events...

its not like they're exerting themselves like the 1500m and are overly fatigued by jumping until they get a top 12.

You're kidding yourself if you think that the athletes had any power in that situation. If the official told them to jump they would have to. You think they'd all give up a gold medal chance and possibly risk getting barred or getting the sport barred from future Olympics? No chance.

midonnay

but they did get their way.....

14 atheletes went through the finals rather than 12. (although they tried to get 17 at first)

Steve Hooker has had confidence problems for the last two years so I suspect that was a big part of the motivation to put pressure on the officials. (he was the leader)

btw....according to google the automatic qualifying height was 5.7 metres....

that means noone made the grade.... I think only one made 5.6 and the rest was around 5.5 metres.

Omikron

Please don't do that again rep. It was bad enough opening the OT for that game and finding 50+MB of animated gifs used as placemarkers for 'topics'.

Fuck that.

midonnay

kinda inconvenient timing Robert Hughes (art critic) dying around the same time as Robert Hughes (tv star) getting arrested >_>

Rahk

So Dark Souls on PC: They did screw up the graphics option.

So, saddle it with GFWL, and screw up the graphics. Then, when the games don't sell, claim PC gamers don't buy games and never port anything over again.

Disappoint. I'll still keep my pre-order since I haven't played it and at the very least it will run smoother than console.

r1chard

^^^^^^ :O

I felt so bad for her when she dropped the ball:(

Yeah :-(

And then the goddamn moron Channel 9 commentator guy (who is presumably only there because it's sport and you need a guy to commentate when it's sport) says "she dropped the ball in more ways than one."

WTF IS THAT EVEN SUPPOSED TO MEAN? SHE DROPPED THE BALL! IT'S PRETTY GODDAMN SIMPLE AND STRAIGHT-FORWARD!

What a day. Battle.net gets compromised and Rod Fergusson leaves Epic for Irrational?
Glad I don't have to change my passwords again.
Shocking that Fergusson would leave the rock solid safe haven of Epic, especially since he was in such a cushy job, even more especially since Irrational has hemorrhaged staff during the rocky development of Infinite. Not that I was a fan of the Gears series but Microsoft Train Simulator was the bees knees back in the day. Losing Nate Wells is fucking painful, his work on the Thief games and System Shock 2 was fantastic. :(

Please don't do that again rep. It was bad enough opening the OT for that game and finding 50+MB of animated gifs used as placemarkers for 'topics'.

Fuck that.

I hate the OT for that game. Reps post wasn't too bad. It made me want to buy it by drawing comparisons to Mirror's Edge and shit. If it's cheap preorder somewhere I'll get it. Or should I just get it on Steam?

I hate the OT for that game. Reps wasn't too bad. It made me want to buy it by drawing comparisons to Mirror's Edge and shit. If it's cheap preorder somewhere I'll get it. Or should I just get it on Steam?

Best of all this awesomeness is only $33.75 on PC! Steamworks! Buy your key where ever the fuck you want and have it download/play/update through Steam! $33.75 at launch!
ORDER-NTCOM-PLETE
At GreenManGaming! Comes with some pre-order bullshit too! Use the coupon at checkout! Key will be in My Games tab, just copypasta into Steam!

Also!!!!!!

Square published Just Cause 2 so now you can dress up as Rico!!!
Outfit lets you do Stunt Position moves from further away or something.

On PC/PS3/360, just need a savefile by the sound of it!

Also!!!!!
Day One patch for PS3 with a whole heap of fixes that they have worked on since going gold, 348MB. Wouldn't expect on 360 due to them needing to get as much as possible into the one free patch they get, so a patch would probably hit a month or so after release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom