• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Omelette for lunch. Three eggs, with paprika and tabasco mixed in. Hot chorizo, mushroom and capsicum for the bits and pieces. Coupled with a glass of our homebrew. Mmm.

omwbupj.jpg

Didn't survive the pan-to-plate transfer intact, but damn it tasted good.

Why did someone have to get fired on the day that I asked for a pay rise >_<
Also the other admin has been "reassigned" to help me with my work, even though I need no help other than someone to take all the damn phone calls/emails so I can get to the important stuff. The bosses wife has been brought in to do her old workload....

This is what happens when you continue to listen to the ideas of someone who has constantly failed over the last 12 months. You don't promote those people and approve their innane decisions, you fire their moronic arses.

I need a beer. Maybe I will make a advertorial posting up for Sleeping Dogs, that could improve my mood.
EDIT: Oh look a beer! Now I NEED a beer.

Omelette for lunch. Three eggs, with paprika and tabasco mixed in. Hot chorizo, mushroom and capsicum for the bits and pieces. Coupled with a glass of our homebrew. Mmm.

omwbupj.jpg

Didn't survive the pan-to-plate transfer intact, but damn it tasted good.

You motherfucker. That looks amazing. When are we getting eatchildren.com gourmet food website?

markot

Banned
PM announces terrorism laws review

Prime Minister Julia Gillard has announced a six-month review of counter-terrorism laws.

Recently retired judge, Anthony Whealy QC, will head a group of six people looking at legislation introduced in 2005 after the London terrorist bombings.

It will look at control orders, preventative detention and some emergency powers given to police to stop, question and search people.

The review panel has been asked to provide a written report to the Council of Australian Governments within six months.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-09/gillard-announces-terrorism-laws-review/4187782?section=act

Hopefully they reign back some of the more silly things.

Posts in the Olympics thread are mainly about cheating/drugs or hot athletes today :/

I will admit to enjoying the events a lot more than I was expecting, track & field has been fantastic.

Also going pants shopping: either they don't make pants as roomy as they used to or my arse is huge now :(

Screw you Brisbane transport. It should not cost me $8.50 on a concession to get to work. Money grabbing scumbags. I am so SO close to getting my P's, and when I do I will drive everywhere and pollute up this city. if you are going to try and charge me half an hours worth of pay, at least you could run on time.
viciouskillersquirrel said:
I have the sneaking suspicion that the hits I get on my blog are all from people who stumble upon it looking for something else.
weirdly enough I have a subscriber to my blog, which no one knows about and I never update.. :s

weirdly enough I have a subscriber to my blog, which no one knows about and I never update.. :s
One of my subscribers has his own crazy conspiracy theory blog. The post he liked was mostly about how feasible it would have been for Josef Mengele to have resurrected Hitler back in the sixties. Yeah.

Also, driving ain't all it's cracked up to be, Shan. The roads we have in Brisbane are grossly inadequate and improperly planned* for our population as it currently stands, which means that no matter which direction you approach the CBD from, you have a better than fifty-fifty chance of hitting a traffic jam during peak hour. God help you if your job is in the CBD or along one of the main arterials, because parking in Brisbane will cost you $16 a day if you find a good deal, plus fuel and extra maintenance costs. Parking in Brisbane costs more than in New York.

Trains. Trains will save you. Trains are more reliable than buses. Trains will get you home**.

Which is to say, not at all.

Until they don't. A failure in the train system is usually a lot more disruptive than a bus breakdown.

Yeah. I can get with a certain amount of beguiling wear.

But they look like someone has just done a day's work on a muddy building site.
Inconspicuous consumption baby! Handmade, couture 1500 thread count flannelette-chic shirts, tailored, custom-made blue singlets and monogrammed kakhi shorts, cut in such a way as to subtly show off the silhouette... and the plumber's crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom