• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

Egh. Tried to download my uni lectures and my internet just happened to be capped. Really shouldn't have downloaded those BF3 updates... >_>

Its a woolworths. They just haven't changed the signage.

2 Safeways here too. New store built on the edge of town has been labelled a Woolworths though I am pretty sure. They rebranded all the Safeway Liquors to BWS in the last few weeks which is cool, get some good deals through BWS that they will price match now.

Dead Man

The whole fuel thing is terrible too. I mean the discount is negligable, but now its pretty much just shell and caltex...

IGA's here will do a fuel discount thing in reverse, go to any petrol station then bring your docket in and they will refund you.

MY NIGHTMARE RETURNS
tumblr_lxt7wz0rNK1r9zabzo1_400.gif

Destroyed me.

Rezbit

God almighty, you people and your oh 41 is so hot. Perth, Adelaide, and those buggers down on that island all had to put up with it, now pull your socks up and walk like a man.

To be fair you made an equally smart-arse comment when Tasmanians mentioned the hot weather and we happened to get a fucking large bushfire that is still out of control. You know, Western Australians (or wherever you are from), don't have a monopoly on commenting on the heat.

Shaneus

Hadoken! http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/90281

I might have actually considered this if my arcade sticks weren't for 360.
I remember my brother and I payed about $180 for SF2 SCE on Megadrive. That for $96 is a steal.

But the fact that I never bothered cracking the seal on my 360 copy of SF4 means I really can't be fucked with fighters, as much as I'd like to think I can.

Been rainy this afternoon, power got knocked out about an hour ago though :(

Edit: and as I type this it comes back on!
But how could you type... if you had no power?

Yagharek

To be fair you made an equally smart-arse comment when Tasmanians mentioned the hot weather and we happened to get a fucking large bushfire that is still out of control. You know, Western Australians (or wherever you are from), don't have a monopoly on commenting on the heat.

West Australians are a bunch of softcocks when it comes to winter, don't worry. They pull out the thermals and stoke the woodfires if it dares drop below 20 in an afternoon.

Shaneus

God almighty, you people and your oh 41 is so hot. Perth, Adelaide, and those buggers down on that island all had to put up with it, now pull your socks up, put on your sandals and walk like a man.
Ahaha, you wear your socks pulled up. I bet you fit right in over there in Adelaide!

But how could you type... if you had no power?

I got meself one of these newfound contraptions called a smart mobile telephone! It does telephoning as well as interneting! I had a chat to Gustave Eiffel at that World's Fair thingy and he sold me one! Maybe one day your village will have one too!

Yagharek

I'm guessing everyone saw this horrible video on two russian guys in an inflated ball on a ski slope.
If you dont want to watch it, don't click because it turns out they rolled down the mountain and one died, the other was seriously injured.

Well, a few months back there was a thread on GAF about someone who survived a fall off a snowmobile, and the video has been dubbed with the Mario 64 snowslide music.

Well either way, I'm going to hell because this song is stuck in my head and has been when I see the first video.

I got meself one of these newfound contraptions called a smart mobile telephone! It does telephoning as well as interneting! I had a chat to Gustave Eiffel at that World's Fair thingy and he sold me one! Maybe one day your village will have one too!

Tele...what? You mean telegram? Surely a portable telegraph would be prohibitively cumbersome.

Yagharek

Oh my.

Prior to today, six of the 20 hottest days in Australian records have been in 2013 - with that tally likely to rise to seven out of 20 by the day's end. Here are the rankings:
Hottest national averages on record (prior to today).
1 January 7 2013 40.33 degrees
2 December 21, 1972 40.17
3 December 20, 1972 40.01
4 December 22, 1972 39.82
5 January 1, 1973 39.79
6 January 6, 2013 39.71
7 December 17, 2002 39.7
8 January 2, 1973 39.65
9 January 3, 2013 39.55
10 December 16, 2002 39.54
11 December 30, 1972 39.48
12 December 31, 1972 39.43
13 January 27, 1936 39.4
14 January 1, 1990 39.39
15 January 4, 2013 39.32
16 January 5, 2013 39.26
17 January 2, 1990 39.22
18 January 2, 2013 39.21
19 December 18, 2002 39.2
20 January 13, 1985 38.98

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/environmen...deep-purple-20130108-2ce33.html#ixzz2HMyZwcaO

Source

Dead Man

We're getting 25 in Adelaide tomorrow, but then back up to high 30s for the rest of the week.
Yep, so looking forward to tomorrow.
As soon as I figured out I didn't ned to do them for to get to the end of the story, I forgot they even existed and never touched them again. Evil fucking things.
Calm down, moaning about who has it the worst with heat is a traditional bush pastime. How does 'To be fair' apply here? And I am not from WA.

Ahaha, you wear your socks pulled up. I bet you fit right in over there in Adelaide!

Righ, that's enough out of you!! ;)

Shaneus

Well, isn't that splendid! I was under the assumption that you also didn't have mobile telephonic internet with which to use your portable receptacle. Good show, old chap.

Righ, that's enough out of you!! ;)
I can only assume you didn't see my edit. Phew.

Danoss

Calm down, moaning about who has it the worst with heat is a traditional bush pastime.

Totally.

I was laughing to myself when someone said something like "June cannot come quick enough..." That was because I extended the sentence in my head to "... so we can complain about how cold it is".

Yagharek

And here's a sobering thought.

Redback spiders. I dont need to post an image of one, we all know what they look like, right?

Wrong.

This is the male redback spider.

I wonder how many times I've confused them with daddy long legs.

I won't tell my wife.

Rezbit

Calm down, moaning about who has it the worst with heat is a traditional bush pastime. How does 'To be fair' apply here? And I am not from WA.

I am calm. I'm saying to be fair because you've made the same comment before, and Cryptik was making a comment about the heat. So to be fair to him? That works right?

CryptiK

God almighty, you people and your oh 41 is so hot. Perth, Adelaide, and those buggers down on that island all had to put up with it, now pull your socks up and walk like a man.

I don't get what you are trying to say here. 41 is hot and it has set a national record for heat enjoy your 25 in Adelaide.

Dead Man

Well, isn't that splendid! I was under the assumption that you also didn't have mobile telephonic internet with which to use your portable receptacle. Good show, old chap.

I can only assume you didn't see my edit. Phew.
Now I want to know. TELL ME.
Totally.

I was laughing to myself when someone said something like "June cannot come quick enough..." That was because I extended the sentence in my head to "... so we can complain about how cold it is".
Exactly LOL
I am calm. I'm saying to be fair because you've made the same comment before, and Cryptik was making a comment about the heat. So to be fair to him? That works right?
Yeah, that works.
I don't get what you are trying to say here. 41 is hot and it has set a national record for heat enjoy your 25 in Adelaide.
I am saying everywhere else was hotter last week or on the weekend. I was having a dig an SYdney siders for being soft. 41 is hot. 25 is not. We already had 44 last week. I maoned about it, I expect people to moan about 41, since that is hot.

Is my humour really that unclear? Sorry.

Fogz

Fairly standard summer here so far. Was really wet the past couple of years which was out of the ordinary.

Hasn't been 45 yet but there's still time :p

Kritz

Banned
Man, this game really sucks time out of me. Was 12pm when I started, 7pm now. And all I did was add a player model, create a texture for it, and some animations, and made the camera logic have this really cool sweep.

And eeeverything still looks like garbage.

But it has bump mapping now! :D .. :<

the dwarf's name is Yolo The Dwarf

Yo.

Ben Folds Five - Draw A Crowd

Courtney Barnett - History Eraser

DCUP - I'm Corrupt

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Same Love {ft. Mary Lambert}

Of Monsters And Men - Little Talks

Plan B - Playing With Fire {ft. Labrinth}

Regina Spektor - All The Rowboats

San Cisco - Wild Things

Seth Sentry - Float Away

Urthboy - Empire Tags

Pretty standard feature album/played lots stuff but whatevs.

anyone else voted / voting jjj hottest 100?

http://triplejgadget.abc.net.au/hottest100/12/vote/share/36bd6b66ced882d20b906d0161b25fde here be my votes

Die Antwoord-I Fink U Freeky

Knife Party-Centipede

Major Lazer-Get Free {ft. Amber Coffman}

PSY-Gangnam Style

Fare Soldi-Disco Durello

Battles-Africastle (Kode9 Remix)

Sweet Brown-Ain't Nobody Got Time for That (Autotune Remix)

Yes.

Mine:

Code:
Disclosure - Latch [feat. Sam Smith]
frank ocean - Thinkin' Bout You
frank ocean - Pyramids
Hermitude - HyperParadise (Flume remix)
His Majesty Andre - Hymn
Jessie Ware - Running (Disclosure remix)
Major Lazer - Get Free [feat. Amber Coffman] yeah boi
Tame Impala - Elephant
Tame Impala - Feels Like We Only Go Backwards
Toro Y Moi - So Many Details

Salazar

THE Prince Charles Hospital has slashed 25 full-time nursing jobs and four beds from its surgical wards as part of budget-cutting moves.

Dat Queensland.

Mr Roberts said they were necessary because of mid-financial year Federal Government budget cuts to the Metro North district of $22.5 million.

Dat Federal Labour.

anyone else voted / voting jjj hottest 100?

Just went with what Triple J had on their shortlist:

1. Ben Folds Five - Draw A Crowd
  2. Cloud Nothings - Stay Useless
  3. Dappled Cities - Run With The Wind
  4. Flume - Insane {ft. Moon Holiday}
  5. Flume - Sleepless {ft. Jezzabell Doran}
  6. Pond - Moth Wings
  7. Purity Ring - Lofticries
  8. Tame Impala - Feels Like We Only Go Backwards
  9. Tame Impala - Endors Toi
  10. Tame Impala - Elephant

First day back at work. Everyone can go to hell.

Where my flippin' lotto win, universe?

I am saying everywhere else was hotter last week or on the weekend. I was having a dig an SYdney siders for being soft. 41 is hot. 25 is not. We already had 44 last week. I maoned about it, I expect people to moan about 41, since that is hot.

Is my humour really that unclear? Sorry.
You're all a bunch of pussies. You didn't hear a peep out of us hardened Queenslander's last week. Maybe you should all put on your summer dresses and shut up.

I went to work today. I did not work today. I hope to go to work tomorrow and work.
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Edits:
Hmmmmmm... I call shenanigans. I doubt those numbers aren't actually answerable and... yeah. I'm just going to assume you posted it for laughs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom