• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Picked up an iPhone yesterday. Give me all your sweet apps and games.

Consume
Google Maps
YouTube
CricketLive
Flipboard
DropBox
Paper
iTunes Remote
IMDb
WunderRadio
500px
SoundCloud
iCabMobile

Xbox SmartGlass
Fairway Solitaire
Steam
Flow
The Room Pocket Edition
Pocket Planes
StickGolf
Tiny Tower

Gazunta

Stackboy, buy Minotaur Rescue, and then buy every other game by that author. Thank me later.

Beyond that, I spend most of my iOS gaming time (which is pretty much the only gaming time I have now) on Train Defense (My pick of Game Of The Year 2012, no fooling), Punch Quest, Curiosity (Yeah I know...), Ski Safari, Jetpack Joyride and Magnetic Billiards, which is the secret best iOS game.

I also endorse Run Fatty Run and Save My Village, and not just because my name is in the credits! Support your local devs :)

For apps, Google Maps, YouTube, Office2 for document editing with nice Google Docs and Dropbox integration, Skype, Steam and the very nice Splashtop for local access to your PC.

Gazunta

In other news, I installed Game Maker last night for the first time in year. Was awesome to see an old project come to life again! Agh God damn it Gazunta you do NOT have time for more creative projects you DO NOT fuck I can't wait to play with it again tonight.

Viva Pinata Party Animals 2 confirmed

Yep, I played the free version shortly after it was discussed on Idle Thumbs.

Mr Glembovski going missing on the second day was far more affecting than 99% of game stories. And then things got shittier as the week progressed.

SwissLion

That is weird, I've never found Scotch to be sweet or been told such until now. There are flavours that will appear in a Scotch which would be categorised as sweet, but they don't really come across like that. Bourbon must be unbearably sweet for you.

Perhaps you might like to explore the peated whiskys, which I would hope you wouldn't find sweet in the slightest. Jumping in head-first to the heavily peated ones might not be the best thing to do, especially in summer (maybe the summer thing is just me, I find the heavily peated whiskys are more of a winter warmer).

Talisker 10 might be a Scotch you find enjoyable, it's a nice medium between the two and one of my favourites.

Nothing wrong with liking Gin if that's your thing. If you do try Talisker 10 and if you want to go for even more peat, something like Lagavulin 16, and it's not to your tastes then maybe Scotch isn't for you and that's okay.

I think maybe some smokiness comes through as sweet for me? I dunno. It's strange. And I know pretty well by now to stay away from Bourbons.

I have been told peaty is what I should look into and I think Talisker in particular I've been recommended before.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Good gin is excellent, I like the new guy.

Do you have a favourite? For me it's probably a toss-up between Hendrick's and Tanqueray 10.

So expensive though :(

Axiom

I'm being the sober older one when my sis goes out clubbing with friends for her 18th. Anywhere in particular around Melbourne I should ensure they avoid? Recommend?

Yagharek

I'm giving my final recommendation on Shinobido 2 now for anyone who is interested: buy it. Addictive as fuck, missions do get harder and with more variety. You can still pull them off cleanly in under 5 minutes (or 2) but that is usually after 20 retries for the perfect run.

Rough around the edges, low on mission variety, but it grows on you quickly. Nothing quite so satisfying as taking out a full troupe of 8 ninja warriors guarding a steam driven tank without any alarms raised.

Might give it a go next Yag, I've got Ass Creed here to play but I've only put a couple of hours into it. Seems to be fairly assasins creedy so far.

Omikron

Do you have a favourite? For me it's probably a toss-up between Hendrick's and Tanqueray 10.

So expensive though :(

Yeah... if you want something a little less pricey, I don't think you can go past Bombay Sapphire tbh. (usually in the 40-45$ range I think.) Very much a go to summer drink.

Rahk

I'm giving my final recommendation on Shinobido 2 now for anyone who is interested: buy it. Addictive as fuck, missions do get harder and with more variety. You can still pull them off cleanly in under 5 minutes (or 2) but that is usually after 20 retries for the perfect run.

Rough around the edges, low on mission variety, but it grows on you quickly. Nothing quite so satisfying as taking out a full troupe of 8 ninja warriors guarding a steam driven tank without any alarms raised.
Cool, I'll grab it whenever it goes on sale since I have so many other games to play.

Omni

Steins around the clock?
Haha, something like that :p
Consume
Google Maps
YouTube
CricketLive
Flipboard
DropBox
Paper
iTunes Remote
IMDb
WunderRadio
500px
SoundCloud
iCabMobile

Xbox SmartGlass
Fairway Solitaire
Steam
Flow
The Room Pocket Edition
Pocket Planes
StickGolf
Tiny Tower
Oooh. I picked up an iPhone the other day too. This list is good, thanks!

Only thing that sucks with the iPhone 5 is the battery. I swear mine struggles to last a day. My other phone, albeit somewhat old, would last like a week without charge.

jambo

Most modern smart phones have terrible batteries. My iPhone 4 had a good battery for a smart phone and would only last 2 days.

My Galaxy S3 needs charging pretty much every night.

Yeah... if you want something a little less pricey, I don't think you can go past Bombay Sapphire tbh. (usually in the 40-45$ range I think.) Very much a go to summer drink.
These are the only 2 that my bestie and I use. Go down smooth.

Cool, I'll grab it whenever it goes on sale since I have so many other games to play.

Currently $32 at Zavvi or $42 at Play Asia!

Turn off 3G and WiFi and you'll have great battery life.
But the data stuff is what makes smartphones awesome! :(

Turn off 3G and WiFi and you'll have great battery life.
Screen's probably more likely to drain battery if you use it a lot, particularly on a new device because you're always mucking about with it.

It generally turns off when you lock your phone.
You can set Android to have it on even when the device is locked. I've found it doesn't make a lot of difference with it on, actually.

jambo

I think that 4G being activated in the Adelaide CBD hasn't helped my battery, especially seeing as I work in town from 9.00-5.30 every day.

jambo

How much faster is 4G in comparison to H+?

I got this on my phone in the Adelaide CDB on Optus 4G

zPUnZ.png

10 times faster than my ADSL2+ syncs at home =P

Telstra 4G can go up to a max of 100Mbps, Optus 4G is 50Mbps. HSPA+ on Telstra is around 42Mbps max and Optus 3G is something like 18Mbps max.

Omni

I got this on my phone in the Adelaide CDB on Optus 4G

zPUnZ.png

10 times faster than my ADSL2+ syncs at home =P

Telstra 4G can go up to a max of 100Mbps, Optus 4G is 50Mbps. HSPA+ on Telstra is around 42Mbps max and Optus 3G is something like 18Mbps max.

Daaaang, that's fast.

My house in Hobart is like on the border of the 4G and 3G networks, so I can only pick up 3G generally. Hopefully the coverage is extended soon (I also use wireless internet)

I rear ended a punk kid this morning that decided to move 3 lanes at once and then stopped abruptly. Probably going to need a new bumper.

That sucks. Out of curiosity who's at fault, even though he changed 3 lanes I've always thought it was the person behind is at fault due to not leaving a "safe distance".

Kritz

Banned
The single greatest affect to battery life with my iPhone 4 is simply screen brightness. I keep mine at about 1/4, which seems pretty dim but unless you're out in the sun it's still absolutely legible.

Also, dunno if they've been made for the current models, but a mophie battery pack is amazing. It's a battery pack in the form factor of a rather fat case, and nearly doubles the battery life. I bought it half a year ago and can't count the amount of times it's saved me after forgetting to put my phone on charge the night before.

Rlan

melon.jpg

Yo guys It's hot as shit outside. Go get a god damn watermelon and eat that shit. It is both delicious and cooling.

Shaneus

Oh no, not Kid n Play! That's really fucking sad...

Wonder if they ever got funding or tried elsewhere.
Only thing I can think of is that they set it up temporarily or something (although there's clearly a fair bit of effort gone into it) and forgot about it. No doubt there'd be a good number of 90s rap stars (who'd be considered friends) who'd chuck in the money.

Unless it's someone posing as them?

Kid N Play + each of their parents. 6.

They couldn't even be bothered to do one of those promo movie thingees for their kickstarter. If they couldn't even shoot that, I can't trust them to shoot a full length movie.
Yeah, I initially just found it kinda sad... but then, if they don't have *any* friends to put in or anything, then I'd guess it was forgotten by them long before the closing date came.

melon.jpg

Yo guys It's hot as shit outside. Go get a god damn watermelon and eat that shit. It is both delicious and cooling.
Sliced like a true FRUIT NINJA TM

Omikron

Played a bit of Jamestown tonight for whatever reason and nearly, nearly killed the final boss! You just can't lose concentration in that game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom