• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Shaneus, GMG has 25% off pre-orders (GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1) which makes Sonic Transformed $20!
Also more cheap pre-orders (DMC for $37.50, etc)
There's a date for it?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Love you so much. And I'm not even drunk (yet). Oh wait, you posted a deal for cheap Matilda Bay stuff. No idea what they make so no idea what I should get. Do they make cider? (sold out. boo)

That reminds me... had some... Boag's cloudy apple on tap the other day? Might've been James Squire. Anyway, it was nice shit.

First game trailer in a while that got my genuinely excited. Cyberpunk 2077
CD Projekt Red, yes?

senahorse

Hay AusGAF, does anyone here have an imported 3DS? I've just ordered a US XL and I need to know if I can just get an AUS XL power adapter and use that? I know most hardware is 100-240V these days, but you never know.

The AC voltage (110/220) only matters for the wall outlet itself, so any adapter you buy here will be fine, the DC voltage is the same across all countries.

teekun

The AC voltage (110/220) only matters for the wall outlet itself, so any adapter you buy here will be fine, the DC voltage is the same across all countries.

Cool, thanks. That's what I thought, I just wanted to make sure. And does the XL use the exact same cable as the standard 3DS? I'm probably going to hold onto my Australian one for a while, so I can just use the cable from that, right?

Rubixcuba

Banned
uBiyq.png

"Currently for 2015 but the real release date is when it's done"

Taken from teaser thread, the message is a nice touch.

senahorse

Cool, thanks. That's what I thought, I just wanted to make sure. And does the XL use the exact same cable as the standard 3DS? I'm probably going to hold onto my Australian one for a while, so I can just use the cable from that, right?

Yep same as standard 3DS.

Yeah I walked in knowing nothing about the movie, except everyone was whinging how he wasn't a 6foot blonde.

Yeah jack Reacher was originally 6'8" with a 50" chest, bit more than Cruise's 5'7". But they did a good job of making it irrelevant unless you already knew beforehand.

My motto used to be I liked tom cruise the actor not the person. I still think he's a bit of a Weirdo and the Scientology thing is a major negative but his recent appearance on the Graham Norton show just made him more likeable to me. After all the fame he still seems humble(ish) and loves what he does.

Yagharek

Agreed. I love some of the stuff he's done but I just can't suspend my disbelief with him any more.

Other people on my shit list of artists I refuse to watch/read/listen to c/- dumb or nasty shit they do: Tom Cruise, Orson Scott Card, Roman Polanski, Merrick and Rosso (for Unplanned).

Edit: Also, dont forget Anarchy Reigns is out now!!! $48 RRP.

Shaneus

Bahahahaha

PS. Anyone else still wonder what Clive Owen would've been like as the current Bond? I'm thinking it would've been less actiony, but probably more traditionally Bond-like.

PPS. Hey rep, any idea if that Transformed date on GMG is official or not?

But it's not by Itagaki, so it'll be a steaming pile of shit just like vanilla NG3.

Do I want this? Which platform?
PS. Anyone else still wonder what Clive Owen would've been like as the current Bond? I'm thinking it would've been less actiony, but probably more traditionally Bond-like.

PPS. Hey rep, any idea if that Transformed date on GMG is official or not?

I hear that the WiiU revamp is getting better reviews than the original game.

Both platforms would be fine, PS3 is lead as usual since the Bayonetta fiasco. Both are almost identical. Go with the one with the friends you may play with.

Clive Owen? Eh. He's good though. Would have played it like Dalton I expect. Would have been great. We got great anyway!

Also explain what you mean by "more traditionally Bond-like".

PPS. Nope. No idea. Just give up man. lol

Shaneus

I dunno... I think, more suave, less action-y. Less brute force-ish.

You didn't tell me if I wanted that game or not. Platform is secondary... whether I should even think about buying it if primary!

I dunno... I think, more suave, less action-y. Less brute force-ish.

You didn't tell me if I wanted that game or not. Platform is secondary... whether I should even think about buying it if primary!

The style of Bond in the Craig movies are more a result of the script writers, previous experience of the director in certain styles & tastes of mainstream audiences at that time rather than what actor is in the role.

Also check out the OT to see if you want it! I don't think I would play it to be honest but it is Platinum so I have no choice but to buy it :)

do i try and replace the screen myself
parts are 65 compared to 150 at the shop in the shopping centre
but delivery will be between the 16th and 23rd

Bahahahaha

http://youtu.be/JDl95B3z-Ak?t=18m30s

clive in croupier. While thing is on youtube. This scene is ok but if you keep watching there is eventually some NSFW. Though, if you're a curious Doctor Who fan, you might want to keep watching towards the end.

Bronzie

Neo Member
Other people on my shit list of artists I refuse to watch/read/listen to c/- dumb or nasty shit they do: Tom Cruise, Orson Scott Card, Roman Polanski, Merrick and Rosso (for Unplanned).

Edit: Also, dont forget Anarchy Reigns is out now!!! $48 RRP.

woah woah woah, not to let my first post in this thread be shit talking but how do you hate Merrick and Rosso for Unplanned? It was their best product.

What. The. Fuck.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507764

Don't let your kids post on miiverse, or you lose your account.

Wii U is too confusing. I'm out for at least a year or two now.

LOLtendo
I got my 10yo niece at my place to play some Skylander Giants. She likes the game and I show her MiiVerse where people are drawing stuff about the game.

She likes to draw so she asked me if she could add a drawing of a character in the game.

Why not.

Just for fun, she asks me to specify that she drew it so I write "Drawing made by my 10yo niece". No harm there.

That was last week.

Today I receive an email saying that my NNID got deleted because "a children need parental consent to create an Account online".
No common sense continues.

Yagharek

That's hilarious.

It'd be funny if it wasn't downright awful. That's as bad as anything EA, MS and Sony have done this gen which I raged about on one or two* occasions. At this point I'm speechless.

woah woah woah, not to let my first post in this thread be shit talking but how do you hate Merrick and Rosso for Unplanned? It was their best product.

Their best product imho was when they were on the jjj morning show maybe 15 years ago. But that's going so far back as to cause confusion with what they did versus what Wil Anderson and Adam Spencer did (whom I liked more).

LOLtendo

No common sense continues.

The best (worst) thing is, the writing on the message 'written by my 10yo niece' is by the OP, who, as a responsible adult has sanctioned that message being posted. It's not as if the niece had unmonitored access to posting it (which in itself shouldn't be an issue since kids playing online games is nothing new).

jambo

Their best product imho was when they were on the jjj morning show maybe 15 years ago. But that's going so far back as to cause confusion with what they did versus what Wil Anderson and Adam Spencer did (whom I liked more).

That whole run was amazing. Right through from Mikey Robbins, Paul McDermott and The Sandman to Spencer and Wil Anderson. Dad always had it on when we were dropped to school/work.

Yagharek

Paul McDermott is especially awesome. Did you ever get to see his Gud group? Saw them live a couple times in hobart. Fucking brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom