• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

First game trailer in a while that got my genuinely excited. Cyberpunk 2077

Are you fucking kidding me? I spent about a decade playing Cyberpunk 2020, that looks sooo good.

The style of Bond in the Craig movies are more a result of the script writers, previous experience of the director in certain styles & tastes of mainstream audiences at that time rather than what actor is in the role.

Also check out the OT to see if you want it! I don't think I would play it to be honest but it is Platinum so I have no choice but to buy it :)
Yeah, sometimes I think people put too much emphasis on the actor for the contents of a film in terms of the character, they can only deliver the script they are given.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-11/imf-labels-howard-most-profligate-pm/4460900

Kinda stupid to say it was wasteful. All that middle class welfare won him so many elections@!

Still lying through his teeth. Fucking scum.

jambo

People questioning George Bailey. Hang your head.

3qJ2C.jpg

Onwards to 100 Bailey!

EDIT: Ah Bailey =[

markot

Banned
Are you fucking kidding me? I spent about a decade playing Cyberpunk 2020, that looks sooo good.

Yeah, sometimes I think people put too much emphasis on the actor for the contents of a film in terms of the character, they can only deliver the script they are given.

Still lying through his teeth. Fucking scum.
Without Howard there would have been no mining boom! He put the iron there with his iron will!

DAT DUSSEY! Man is a champion.

Hughes with a century!
He really cut loose once he hit 100 too, shame Malinga got the better of him in the end.

You're in luck! CD Projekt RED did an amazing job adapting the Witcher universe into video game form so expect great things for Cyberpunk 2077! Hold onto your butt until 2015 though.

magenta

Being good with economics mostly! Claiming credit for the minimised impact of the GFC on Australians was more egregious to me than him saying the IMF report was wrong about the Howard Government spending.

He kinda can, no federal government debt and the Future Fund can greatly help our credit rating and ability to borrow money at attractive rates. Peter Costello even more so.

markot

Banned
So I guess we can thank Paul Keating instead for then reforms he put in place that helped Howards years? And I guess its all Whitlam's doing since with white Australia and so forth we would be considered an apartheid nations?!

Bronzie

Neo Member
He kinda can, no federal government debt and the Future Fund can greatly help our credit rating and ability to borrow money at attractive rates. Peter Costello even more so.

I guess the great point of contention is that Howard can't claim credit for no federal debt (4% of GDP surplus)- that has to do with the world times (plus Keating-Hawke's reforms but they only have a place for some of the argument) and - according to the IMF paper - Howard's actually the worst government for spending money without gain.

Liberals have held power in the 50s-60s and 90s-00s when the world went through some huge increases that put them in very good economic positions and they've gained the tag of being good economically when if you look at their financial policies, they're not really any better than Labor.

I'm not well versed in Future Fund stuff so I won't touch it because I wouldn't know enough to not look stupid haha. I'll also give them credit where it's due for the GST and changes to the Reserve Bank.

Shaneus

The style of Bond in the Craig movies are more a result of the script writers, previous experience of the director in certain styles & tastes of mainstream audiences at that time rather than what actor is in the role.

Also check out the OT to see if you want it! I don't think I would play it to be honest but it is Platinum so I have no choice but to buy it :)
What platform are you getting it on?

Also, the OP of that thread is shit, doesn't tell me anything about the game other than it's a "brawler". Does that mean it's like Cannon Spike/Streets of Rage/Final Fight?

Oh... looking at the game modes, it's more like Powerstone?

Onwards to 100 Bailey!

EDIT: Ah Bailey =[
How did you do that? On the iPad, I mean.

Dead Man

Without Howard there would have been no mining boom! He put the iron there with his iron will!
I know, right?!
DAT DUSSEY! Man is a champion.

He really cut loose once he hit 100 too, shame Malinga got the better of him in the end.

You're in luck! CD Projekt RED did an amazing job adapting the Witcher universe into video game form so expect great things for Cyberpunk 2077! Hold onto your butt until 2015 though.
Yeah, goig to be a long wait.

What is it that he was lying about?

"The reason Australia dodged the global downturn was due to the strong fiscal position of the Howard government."

Is the most obvious and easiest to discredit.

My sarcasm detector might be broken, are you suggesting he cooks the books?

I believe he is suggesting Costello is incompetent, not corrupt.

The Vodafone Cricket Live app has a subscription option, $12.99 for the entire 2012/13 season, including Tests/ODIs/T20s.

I had some issues on wi-fi but it works great on 3/4G.

The CricInfo app is fucking terribly formatted now so I downloaded the Vodafone one today and it is quite good, very speedy and you can follow all the moment to moment play as well as just reading CricInfo on your PC!

Also, the OP of that thread is shit, doesn't tell me anything about the game other than it's a "brawler". Does that mean it's like Cannon Spike/Streets of Rage/Final Fight?

Oh... looking at the game modes, it's more like Powerstone?

The SomethingAwful thread describes it as "MadWorld meets Power Stone" which seems fairly accurate. Plays like MadWorld but with a focus on the new multiplayer.

Shaneus

Probably 360 but I haven't pulled the trigger Shaneus, will have to run it by the Minister.
Zavvi then, bruv? Just thinking of timing etc., so we can bro it up in this bitch.

The SomethingAwful thread describes it as "MadWorld meets Power Stone" which seems fairly accurate. Plays like MadWorld but with a focus on the new multiplayer.
Brilliant, thank you! I should probably actually play MadWorld sometime then. Or at least, more than the five minutes I spent with it when mucking around with Dolphin and my brother's games.

Edit: Yo rep, Transformed is actually up for preorder on Steam now! Feb 1st! WOO!

Fredescu

I just bought Trackmania 2 for $2.50.

There was some Lynx package at Woolies with a free PC game download from Ubisoft. You get a choice of six games but it didn't say which six and I had no internet reception from there, but I figured I would take a punt. The six games are:

Trackmania 2 Canyon
Rayman Origins
The Adventures of Tin Tin
Call of Juarez: The Cartel
Clash of Heroes
Shoot Many Robots

Also shower gel.

Darklord

Banned
So after actually getting my hands on an ipad...I kinda want one now. I'm not even sure what for but I just want it. I crave new technology and game consoles aren't giving it to me! I had no idea there was an ipad 4. They pump those out fast. I thought 3 was the latest. Plus they're saying 5 is rumoured to be March this year? Releasing that fast always makes me just want to wait for the newer one. What would be the best place to buy an ipad anyway?

I just bought Trackmania 2 for $2.50.

There was some Lynx package at Woolies with a free PC game download from Ubisoft. You get a choice of six games but it didn't say which six and I had no internet reception from there, but I figured I would take a punt. The six games are:

Trackmania 2 Canyon
Rayman Origins
The Adventures of Tin Tin
Call of Juarez: The Cartel
Clash of Heroes
Shoot Many Robots

Also shower gel.
Is the gel a physical copy or download code?

More importantly, Steam redeemable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom