• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back on this ... why did the problem arise in the first place? Seems incredibly stupid to have this as the workaround.
It's part of Microsoft's new account security initiative. I think it's in response to the Fifa problem that they won't admit is an actual problem.

I added further security measures without an issue. I'm not sure why rep's account is buggered.

Yagharek

No, Microsoft are just trying to mitigate the chances of more Fifa account hacks by making everyone go through hell to verify their account, regardless of whether or not you've played the game.

Out of interest, whats stopping a fifa hacker from stealing your account then registering it to 3 other emails? Seems like it wont stop anything. And they still haven't fixed their systems? My god, what incompetence.

Out of interest, whats stopping a fifa hacker from stealing your account then registering it to 3 other emails? Seems like it wont stop anything. And they still haven't fixed their systems? My god, what incompetence.
Everyone had to do it on their next login after a certain date. I guess they would have to be in possession of lots of account details and hurriedly set up their own secondary security measures on them. If they already had your login details it would be far better for them to use the Fifa exploit immediately and get their money rather than go through those all that rigmarole.

At a guess, anyway.

Which exhibit are you guys in?
The "Before" Exhibit

legend166

So when we moved into this new house, we looked down the side of the house (it's wide, grassy and on a slight decline) and said "You know, that would be good for a Slip 'N Slide".

Today we bought a Slip 'N Slide.

It was good.

Shaneus

The "Before" Exhibit
If only you had your old avatar!

So anyway, I finally got around to watching the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser thing (it's been a tab in my Waterfox for a while). Fucking rad. Anyone else think the music sounds like Richard Ashcroft?

Edit: Fuck, that was easy. It's an old song too, so good on CDPR for sticking with something original and not something new (or fucking brosteppy). The trailer itself is incredible, too... I don't recall seeing any other trailers for any of their games, but they've outdone themselves and the rest of the industry with that thing.

Prediction: It's gonna blow that game that debuted at E3 which reminded me of The Saboteur and GTA and Assassin's Creed out of the water (release date pending).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Watch dogs?

I think they are two different beasts though. Watch dogs seems to be online, Where you're able to jump into an mmoish world and play your single player stuff like normal however what you do and how you do it seems to change the world and other players experience.

Cyberpunk is just DX:HR but more hardcore

/shrug

Just back on this ... why did the problem arise in the first place? Seems incredibly stupid to have this as the workaround.
Just another layer of security for the account.

I really don't like them having 3 forms of contact though. If (when) they get hacked it is more information that data miners can link together to give them even more of a chance of breaking into my other accounts.

I also would say it is to cut down on multi region accounts on the one Xbox, but that is probably just being paranoid.

I added further security measures without an issue. I'm not sure why rep's account is buggered.
Maybe because I chose to have 2 email addresses and a phone call? Not sure. I've been through the process 3 separate times now.

Has he played Fifa?
Nope.

The trailer itself is incredible, too... I don't recall seeing any other trailers for any of their games, but they've outdone themselves and the rest of the industry with that thing.

Prediction: It's gonna blow that game that debuted at E3 which reminded me of The Saboteur and GTA and Assassin's Creed out of the water (release date pending).

The used the intro for the first Witcher game as a promo I thought. Also the EE for TW2 had a CGI trailer made up for it externally.

This is the first time they have debuted a game using a CGI trailer.

The ingame engine trailers they did for TW2 before release were fantastic.
(Debut, Gameplay Trailer, Launch Trailers - Love & Blood, Disdain & Fear, and Hope)

Yagharek

Just another layer of security for the account.

I really don't like them having 3 forms of contact though. If (when) they get hacked it is more information that data miners can link together to give them even more of a chance of breaking into my other accounts.

I also would say it is to cut down on multi region accounts on the one Xbox, but that is probably just being paranoid.

Maybe because I chose to have 2 email addresses and a phone call? Not sure. I've been through the process 3 separate times now.

Sounds like they're trying to brute force a security fix when they have nfi how to fix it.

Do you have spare ISP mailboxes? Just make up a few extras and use them.

Assassins Creed 3 is a real mess when you are done hunting animals and want to progress the story

:/

This one mission has more technical errors than any game I can remember this generation.
Bushes that randomly don't hide you, AI that spots you from 1 kilometer away, combat stance that thinks it is in run mode so it won't let you counter, damage UI forgets to let you know you are almost dead.

Not to mention the slice has seriously no level design that helps you to be an Assassin plus the bad guy is a damage sponge. I hope the intern who handled this level got beaten more than usual.

Hunting was a great 30 hours though!

EDIT: At least down here Dead Man we won't have to deal with all the US people who eventually follow through on their threats to "take back the country". :/

FULL SYNC FAILED

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup :/
Most annoying when you do the right thing but the game freaks out.

I didn't mind the idea of it initially in Bro but I quickly tired of it's stupid nature that goes against the effectiveness of being an Assassin in a lot of cases. Just becomes another Value Added Content point.

Thankfully it looks amazing. Has some really great moments too, very scattershot with the quality though.

THE FUCK?!? I JUST GOT BEATEN IN BOULES?

THE CHEATING FUCK SHOULD HAVE ONLY GOT 1 POINT! ONE OF MY BALLS WAS SITTING NEXT TO HIS WINNING ONE!

FUCK YOU UBISOFT
THIS IS THE LINE
AND YOU FUCKING CROSSED IT

Deeku

never played an AC game, I guess the setting/premise never appealed to me or something. i'll give it a shot though if the games end up free on psn+ one day!

jambo

PS4 and Durango 720 leaks

XSyfJ.gif

SwissLion

She's threatening violence now!

Help me Gaf!

Also I must have been insanely lucky because I never had much technical trouble with AC3 or really anything else that has been famously unstable...

I kind of wish I had joined before I played through it because as much as I disagree with Kritz and co. on its quality I would really like to directly address some of their issues.

I liked it enough to maybe play through it a second time for that explicit purpose though, so I guess look forward to that!

We can all agree the ending was hilariously bad though.

Let's join hands and poop on it.

AssCree3 has been a more enjoyable experience than the cake walk of Far Cry 3 at least. The ambient stuff is fantastic in both games but the addition of the free running in AC3 through the frontier makes the hunting a hell of a lot of fun (especially with the traps and bait).

Still haven't finished The Walking Dead due to more technical issues popping up :(
Seems to becoming a tradition for GOTY :/

I made ice-cream last night but I have had to wait for it to freeze so I don't know if it tastes any good, yet. If it's any good, I'm going to have to get an ice cream maker.

The fact ice-cream is basically custard intrigues me. I don't normally like custard much.

Must get back to playing AC3. At some point, I will get to play as Connor. I expect. Maybe.

Kritz

Banned
So, has anyone ever had trouble with OzSave?

I ordered VLR about two weeks ago. I didn't get any email in that time saying the item had shipped, just that I'd ordered it. Five days ago I checked their storefront and the item was listed as "out of stock".* I emailed their support, and after a day or two they responded saying... well, something very vague.

I will contact our mail company first thing regarding this package and should get a reply from them in the next few working days.

They don't explicitly say the item has been shipped or not, just that they'd contact the people who would know had it actually been shipped. I guess? Xenos uncovered some rather damning stories from other people who'd shopped from them and not received an item.

And, finally, they've actually charged me for this item that is currently in limbo (or might not exist). At least I can try a paypal dispute if they don't deliver.

* There's no way it was out of stock on the site when I ordered it as it won't let you place an order for items listed as OOS.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
At least the girls at the counter of the docs are cute.

Still waiting, 15 mins late. Good ol docs office.

I figured I might try buy some new shorts but I totally forgot to measure myself. Money wasted incoming.

They have cameras in those change rooms though!

So, has anyone ever had trouble with OzSave?

I've only ever ordered one item from them and it arrived last week, ordered on New Years Eve.

I really hope they don't fuck you around any more than they already have since I was the one who found the link

:(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Cookie they have this thing called a change room where you can try stuff on, you should check it out ;)

Requires effort and me giving a damn. Plus interacting with staff members, no one wants that. If I had done P90Xfor 4 months then bring the sexy change rooms on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom