• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Relic to Sega is amazing. Vigil closing is sad. Volition going to janky game publisher is weird but good for them for getting huge numbers too.

Also, now Patrice Desilets is back at Ubisoft heh.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
They make the X space Sim games so I'm happy they got Volition.

You so know that Dawn of War is Warhammer already... right?

Wait wait.... wishful thinking.. but they are the most likely publisher that would allow Volition to make a another space sim in the vein of FREESPACE 2!

Make it happen Deep Silver!

Holy shit Bethesda almost outbid Sega for Relic! Now I have to buy a bunch of Sega games today.

Also I thought a bunch of the Freespace guys left Volition a while back? Plenty still left though, recent interview videos with Volition showed they still cared for the IP.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Holy shit Bethesda almost outbid Sega for Relic! Now I have to buy a bunch of Sega games today.
Isn't Binary Domain on sale right now on GMG? I'm currently playing that right now, and it's really awesome.:) make that your next sega purchase (if you don't already have it).

hamchan

Oh Wind Waker HD screens don't look very good now that I'm looking at them on my monitor. Too used to PC games looking amazing.

Rahk

Oh Wind Waker HD screens don't look very good now that I'm looking at them on my monitor. Too used to PC games looking amazing.
Yeah, I was saying in IRC that there's something about them that doesn't look as good as the original. I think the shading is off. Makes the models look too 3D and the cel-shaded look of the original isn't as prominent.

I haven't watched the video though, maybe looks fine in motion.

legend166

Meh, the games most I'm excited for are Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and X. None of them are rehashes. Yeah, Pikmin 3 is the third game in the series but the last one game out like 8 years ago. Mario Kart, Galaxy 3 (or whatever it will be), Yoshi, etc, are bonuses.

The more I think about it, the more I'm looking forward to buying a Wii U. Sony/MS exclusives don't have much appeal to me really. My PC will cover everything else.

Hopefully I actually get a bonus this year so I can afford it.

And yeah, Relic to Sega is pretty great. Can't wait for Company of Heroes 2.

Yagharek

Hnnnnnnngg Wii U resolve breaking.

Still not convinced WW HD looks better than the timeless original, but more content is needed.

jambo

The 40k license didn't transfer as far as I'm aware but I'm sure they would have a good enough relationship to renegetiate for future games.

Well Creative Assembly just announced a multi year deal for Warhammer in December, so I'm sure Games Workshop will be easy to work with to get the 40K licence across.

senahorse

Thanks x3n, I'll check it out! That's actually pretty close, and depending on whether I pass my driving test tomorrow I may or may not be able to get there very easily.

Let me know how you go, gf and I are thinking of joining up at some stage. Just need to get semi-fit first.

Well Creative Assembly just announced a multi year deal for Warhammer in December, so I'm sure Games Workshop will be easy to work with to get the 40K licence across.

Yeah, it'd make a tonne of sense. Also helps when you've got a developer who's done some very good work with the IP to help convincing Games Workshop...

Yeah, it'd make a tonne of sense. Also helps when you've got a developer who's done some very good work with the IP to help convincing Games Workshop...
Games Workshop like money so it is 100% guaranteed that they will be talking to SEGA right meow about taking over the licence when THQ close on the 25th. GW have a notorious amount of clauses in their contracts so it would be expected to lapse if THQ close rather than allowing it to be sold like the MMA license.

jambo

Games Workshop like money so it is 100% guaranteed that they will be talking to SEGA right meow about taking over the licence when THQ close on the 25th. GW have a notorious amount of clauses in their contracts so it would be expected to lapse if THQ close rather than allowing it to be sold like the MMA license.

I'm pretty sure Games Workshop licences allow them to pull out at any time.

Awesome man, you should do some 4G speedtests when you get.... oh wait.

I have some links to well priced micro-SD cards as we... oh wait.

How much are cheap replacement batteri... oh wait.

=P

Who cares about 4G? 16gb is fine for storage, even 8 is fine if you aren't going overboard with photos/videos (I don't) and games (doubtful). Replacement battery could be an issue, I admit.

Shaneus

Shaneus you really need to remember to log out of that Japanese VPN once work is done :/
It's something weird with my browser at home... most sites are fine, but Steam Greenlight and what appears to be Twitter as well, thinks I'm in Japan :/

PS. What has Relic done? Who were they with in the past?

PPS. Guys, if you can, avoid ITIL training. It's boring and convoluted as shit because it relies heavily on semantics and not logic. Fucking over it.

Why spend $500 then?

Anything meaning internet related. I tend to do all that sort of stuff on WiFi, mobile internet only when I can't, like when I'm at a concert or away on holiday or something. My phone (HTC Aria) is currently very slow and infuriating to type on, though the Kii Keyboard helped that a bit.

I think the fact my phone is quite slow in general has limited me in doing the things I'd like to do on my phone, as I've been doing it a lot on my Nexus 7 instead. Which is probably why I rarely use my phone.

edit: I'm not the biggest fan of being glued to my phone 100% of the time like most other people seem to be, but at the same time I don't want to have a shitty phone I can't use how I want to. Doesn't help my phone drops calls all the time.

Shaneus

Homeworld, Company of Heroes, Dawn of War II. They were with THQ until this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509654
Ah, thanks... that's who I thought it was. Good news for all parties! Hopefully it means Binary Warhammer domain is on the cards.

Too late. :(
Recently? Man, it's painful. Leave the adminny, infrastrcturey crap to those who do that crap, I just want to do my job :(

Edit: Having just looked up Koch Media... man, it was nice knowing you, Volition. Thanks for Red Faction Guerilla and Saint's 2, fuck you for the pathetic performance of SR3 on PC and the patch that was always promised but never released.

Don't let the door hit your arses on the way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom