• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play Asia weekly deals, as always add a bit of postage or candy up to $25

Ragnarok Tactics on PSP for $20
Saints Row 3 DLC Edition on 360/PS3 for $22
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus on Vita for $21

WELL AREN'T YOU OBSERVANT. I just miss David Duchovny.
Yeah I'm getting homesick too, will change tonight.

Also feels good to be looking at sexy Mr Duchovny again!

"My internet is too damn fast" - no one
My provider doesn't offer fast enough speeds 300 kilometres away from Melbourne!

It's something weird with my browser at home... most sites are fine, but Steam Greenlight and what appears to be Twitter as well, thinks I'm in Japan :/

PS. What has Relic done? Who were they with in the past?
Probably thinks your internet is too fast to be from Australia :/

PS. Relic made Homeworld man!

Having just looked up Koch Media... man, it was nice knowing you, Volition. Thanks for Red Faction Guerilla and Saint's 2, fuck you for the pathetic performance of SR3 on PC and the patch that was always promised but never released.

Don't let the door hit your arses on the way out.
Hey, SR3 ran great on my Green machine!

Reptile, If I get banned for this. I'm going blame you irl literally.
Nah pricing error found through legit means so they won't ban. They might take the game back from our accounts but there is no precident for that action so they will just take it as a learning experience (i.e. give the intern who forgot to put the price on it a clip around the ears).

Thank you! And thank you to Microsoft for their webstore.
I think it only just came onto the AUS GoD store yesterday so it seems like they probably forgot to put a price on it.

Also Real Pic January is going to get me killed IRL so thanks a lot GAF :(

Yagharek

Nah pricing error found through legit means so they won't ban. They might take the game back from our accounts but there is no precident for that action so they will just take it as a learning experience (i.e. give the intern who forgot to put the price on it a clip around the ears).

I'm pretty sure they banned for halo 4 maps recently.

Also, can someone clear up for me how badly broken TWD is? I was tempted to hold off for a superior ps3 port but now I'm not so sure. Sounds like skyrim quality on the pc and I cant imagine consoles getting extra work done to fix them when pc version isn't even patched.

senahorse

+1 for hating ITIL training. I have suffered it twice with version 2 and then version 3 (at least 3 was just a one-day cram course). But eh, it's another cert to put on your C.V. and a lot of organisations use it.

WAMqmkG.jpg

tumblr_m87j9mSjuC1rn0h06.gif

Holy fuck, Platinum US studio? YES PLEASE

Also, can someone clear up for me how badly broken TWD is? I was tempted to hold off for a superior ps3 port but now I'm not so sure. Sounds like skyrim quality on the pc and I cant imagine consoles getting extra work done to fix them when pc version isn't even patched.

The Halo 4 map thing was a really strange setup though. Mainly Bungie wanted to be dicks. Considering this is just a basic pricing error that anyone who navigates to the Store page will find it free I can't see them doing anything, especially since it is only in Australia too.

Oh also The Walking Dead only has a few issues, relating to save files becoming corrupted between episodes on PC, need to back them up just in case.
It has the usual Telltale jank (i.e. they need to hire some proper programmers and testers) though. I haven't been back since it referred to a decision I made incorrectly and an ingame character yelled at me when he should have praised me :(

jambo

By pretty sure I mean dead certain. People got banned for playing the new map and it was only rectified after the complaints.

MS are banhammer happy.

That was so shady and confusing.

MS fucked up and people with access to certain DLC could also download DLC map pack

They then come out and say it was intentional.

They then start banning people who did it.

=\

Guys, SSX is free on the XBL Marketplace at the moment.

Seems to be Australia only.

Is it, umm, safe to download? >_>

I bought it, yet to download it, no MS ninjas so far.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
By pretty sure I mean dead certain. People got banned for playing the new map and it was only rectified after the complaints.

MS are banhammer happy.

People did get banned, but it was a small amount, and I don't think it was for playing the Halo 4 maps.:p fairly sure it was standard microsoft incompetence.

Rezbit

I personally had no problems on PC. Apparently a lot of the save issues came between the episode releases, so now they're all out that part at least shouldn't be a problem. As to the technical and compatibility issues on PC, well...YOLO? That said I thought the game was pretty shitty. If you're happy to pay the extra clams for PS3 go for it I guess.

Fredescu

It took me hours to get TWD working properly on PC. I didn't notice any save issues, but the checkpoint system is fucked by design.

PS+ had The Walking Dead episodes 1&2 free at some point last year, good chance it will come up as a deep discount around Easter I expect.

I picked up the first episode free on US XBLA during the Christmas holidays, the other 4 episodes were only 200 points each but I couldn't be bothered getting US points.

The charitable and always amazing 0mi gifted me the PC version, which I really need to get back to. My wounds are almost healed after the scolding I took :(

Yagharek

People did get banned, but it was a small amount, and I don't think it was for playing the Halo 4 maps.:p fairly sure it was standard microsoft incompetence.

Exactly. So if you get free ssx then expect a banning, a week of silence, unbanning, a victim blaming excuse and loss of the game. If you're lucky they might offer it at $19.95 as a special offer by way of a non apology.

It took me hours to get TWD working properly on PC. I didn't notice any save issues, but the checkpoint system is fucked by design.
Despite my trying, I've yet to get past Episode 2. It has now crashed on me three times at different points during the end of Episode 2. The first time it crashed was after completing the last choice, seeing the ending but just before the 'Next Time...' reel. No problems, I thought until I went back to my game and the stupid check point system, to which you also appear to have had issue with, sent me way back in the game. It then crashed not long after. The third time was a week or so later when I felt like being masochistic towards myself; I succeeded and got to the ending but it crashed again.

I have not gone back into the game because I don't want to find out that it didn't save after the ending. I'm really struggling to find the energy to potentially go through another 3 episodes of that.

The first episode ran fine. Save didn't get lost, either. This appears to be my penance for my good fortune.

Gazzawa

According to the "canyourunit" website my laptop failed the minimum req for TWD.
Worked fine on full specs. Some slowdown here and there.
Defo worth the risk and steam sale price.
Cried like a man when I was done.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

I never had any issues at all with the game in terms of getting it to work, the checkpoint system really is fucking idiotic.

Not too sure what the save bug is, I never en-counted one though.

Frawdder

I never had an issue with The Walking Dead but then I did play each episode in one session and all five in four days, so who knows what's up with that game. Luck of the draw it seems (or something).

According to the "canyourunit" website my laptop failed the minimum req for TWD.
Worked fine on full specs. Some slowdown here and there.
Defo worth the risk and steam sale price.
Cried like a man when I was done.

I've found canyourunit to be kind of iffy, tbh. A bunch of games it said I couldn't run worked fine, and other games where I passed the recommended requirements ran so poorly my computer just shut down.

"Canning Your Unit" refers to a drinking session that leaves you waking up the next morning, beer cans strewn around the flat, with little idea of how it ended up that way. "Shit mate, we really canned the unit last night, hey?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom