• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Haha, I know! that sounds like my dream game down to the core. Yet I haven't actually gotten around to it yet. On a another note have you played Space Rangers 2? I've heard that's basically a more modern star control 2 and people whom I know who have played it, shower it with very high praise. I actually bought it on STEAM a year or two ago. I'll probably play it before I get around to Star Control 2 since it's more modern and has prettier graphics (yeah I'm shallow :()
I haven't played it yet, but there's something kinda quaint and I guess adorable about the visuals (and most definitely the audio!) used in SC2. The music is rad as shit. Trust me, you'll love it despite (or may even because of) the graphics.

PS. Apols for the delay on the response, I had this window open when I ran out of the office at 5:05pm yesterday ;)

From the site I got them from they came in either a white sort of creamy with back stripes or the black with white stripes like the photo I posted.

Here's the Mobile link, hopefully it automatically resolves to the desktop version: http://m.thefancy.com/things/270127749903948685/Adidas-Busenitz-Vulc

shipping was around $36. the shipping took 6 days or so from when it was actually shipped, the processing took about a week :(
Shit, that grey/gum/black is hawt. I'm still bummed I could never track down these:
rdX28pL.jpg

Although having had a quick look, I now want these more:
coKQNtE.jpg

Shaneus

Nah, I will be the voice of dissent here. If the product is legal this rule goes to far. Just make the damn things illegal instead.
Best proposal I heard: Do not sell them to anyone born after the year 2000. That way the people who can currently smoke can, the kids who are too young (in theory) to know about smoking won't and by the time they hit 18, they won't be able to at all. Can't remember where I first heard it, but it seems like a relatively sound idea (compared to a blanket ban).

Clipper

Best proposal I heard: Do not sell them to anyone born after the year 2000. That way the people who can currently smoke can, the kids who are too young (in theory) to know about smoking won't and by the time they hit 18, they won't be able to at all. Can't remember where I first heard it, but it seems like a relatively sound idea (compared to a blanket ban).

It's a law that Tasmania was proposing, and originates from a Singaporean campaign. It seems like it passed the upper house vote, but I don't know if it passed the lower house vote.

Edit: Actually, I just found out it got stubbed out (heh) by the Libs and Greens in the lower house.

jambo

Nah, I will be the voice of dissent here. If the product is legal this rule goes to far. Just make the damn things illegal instead.

It's a ban in public places, so people can still smoke on private property.

It would be awesome, would cut down on so much litter.

Clipper

Actually, sounds like there'd be designated smoking areas, which is what Singapore does, and it works quite well.

I just checked and they only global outdoor ban in Singapore is eating areas and such, so it's not as strict as Melbourne's proposal, but the proposal is an extension of that concept, and I'm for it, given my experiences when visiting Singapore.

Shit, that grey/gum/black is hawt. I'm still bummed I could never track down these:
[url]http://i.imgur.com/rdX28pL.jpg[/url] [IMG]

Although having had a quick look, I now want these more:
[IMG] [url]http://i.imgur.com/coKQNtE.jpg[/url] [IMG][/QUOTE]

Shit those look great. Fancy seems to be a really cool site, though some of the products you can't actually buy on there, which made it seem a bit offputting to me. I figured it was one of those "look at these cool things!" sites where you can buy whatever you see from the merchant via Fancy.

[quote="Dead Man, post: 47054771"]Nah, I will be the voice of dissent here. If the product is legal this rule goes to far. Just make the damn things illegal instead.[/QUOTE]

[quote="jambo, post: 47055735"]It's a ban in public places, so people can still smoke on private property.

It would be awesome, would cut down on so much litter.[/QUOTE]

Ban smoking. Make smoking illegal.

Fredescu

Make it illegal in public places like alcohol is.

The problem is, you can drink alcohol in plenty of indoor public places. This idea bans cigarettes inside and out. I'm pretty conflicted about all this. I don't think you can just ban smoking altogether in the CBD without some fairly negative consequences.

Ban drinking! I would lose so much weight.

I want to say smoking should be banned, as my father is a pack a day smoker, but in the end it is a choice. He knows it makes him more likely to get sick and/or die but he does it anyway. He tried to quit a few times due to pressures from my mother and other people, but his heart was never in it, he likes to smoke. He avoids doing it around other people and makes sure to wash his hands before touching his grandson.

I can't really hold it against him or say that he doesn't deserve the choice to smoke. All I can do is make sure the facts are set out plainly for him and anyone else who wishes to light up.

Same with alcohol, same with gambling at pokies, same with sex, same with Red Rock Deli chips.

Shaneus

Shit those look great. Fancy seems to be a really cool site, though some of the products you can't actually buy on there, which made it seem a bit offputting to me. I figured it was one of those "look at these cool things!" sites where you can buy whatever you see from the merchant via Fancy.
Damn near killed myself looking for the first (light blue) handball one. I could've sworn it said "handball" on it in German (instead of "spezial") but maybe I was mistaken. Just look like they'd be really comfortable and fairly pliable and soft (as opposed to being stiff rubber).

I'm far from a sneaker freak, but occasionally I see something I just have to have. If you can think of any other places (even local joints) I may be able to get those from, I'd be more than receptive!

teekun

The problem is, you can drink alcohol in plenty of indoor public places. This idea bans cigarettes inside and out. I'm pretty conflicted about all this. I don't think you can just ban smoking altogether in the CBD without some fairly negative consequences.

They talk about making the city more friendly for "visitors" without acknowledging how many of Australia's international visitors come from countries where everyone smokes like chimneys. Who, exactly, is refusing to go out shopping or sightseeing in the city because they might walk past someone smoking a cigarette?

Yagharek

Last week I said Seinfeld was one of the greatest comedy shows ever.
Based on what I saw last night, Red Dwarf is its equal. Perhaps better.

markot

Banned
Red dwarf wasnt so super in the later seasons.

Seinfeld had 2 bad last seasons too though.

But seinfeld is more consistant.

jambo

I thoroughly enjoyed the new season of Red Dwarf, a real return to form.

I still haven't watched the last 2 episodes though.

markot

Banned
Im declaring the election for Labour at 1:48pm on the 30th of January.

I love Abbot though, he was so henny penny, wonder if he will keep it up.

Shaneus

Guys, I wanna buy this. It's a book. Having ADHD, I want it now, before I lose interest. Where's the best place to get it from quickly? Any online book stores anyone can think of? I've sussed out A&R and they'll take about a month (despite being "available").

Quicker the better! If you guys find me a good place to get them, I might even *gasp* start reading actual books more regularly.

PS. Is anyone else having issues downloading from YouTube? I was able to yesterday, but can't now. No idea if it's a work thing (I can get to the site fine) or a YT thing.

Clipper

I'm so glad my Red Dwarf X Blu-Ray is making its way across the pond right now. Sure, I already saw them when they were on TV, but I do want o watch them again. I'll agree it was better overall early on, but Season VII does have some of my favourite bits...

Edit:
Guys, I wanna buy this. It's a book. Having ADHD, I want it now, before I lose interest. Where's the best place to get it from quickly? Any online book stores anyone can think of? I've sussed out A&R and they'll take about a month (despite being "available").

Quicker the better! If you guys find me a good place to get them, I might even *gasp* start reading actual books more regularly.
I've heard good things about the Book Depository.

Buy both of these

The Impossible
The Mutt

markot

Banned
I detest the whole gambling culture we see today.

Also, you shouldnt even be able to bet on elections >_< But now you can bet on anything, anytime. Its all so stupid, and if I were in charge, I would change it completely!

I mean, we are just moving from pokies to gambling on every thing... its like going from meth to heroin.

Danoss

Buy it from BookDepository.co.uk (links directly to book). It is much faster than the US site and where I buy all my books from.

jambo

Code:
[14:06:03] <megadrive> i liked hanson
[14:06:09] <megadrive> theyre good nowadays believe it or not
[14:06:20] <megadrive> also i saw a bit of the rage triplej 100 the other night and um
[14:06:23] <omi> you should re-read whta you just typed
[14:06:25] <omi> :D
[14:06:27] <megadrive> gaslight anthem are fucking KILLER now
[14:06:33] <megadrive> more than their 2006 stuff
[14:06:34] <megadrive> more rocky now
[14:06:46] <megadrive> omi: they are, theyve matured so much and theyre damn good musos
[14:06:52] <megadrive> really down to earth dudes too
[14:06:57] <megadrive> LET IT BE KNOWN
[14:07:00] <megadrive> I THINK HANSON ARE ALL RIGHT
[14:07:12] <@jambo|work> they're not good
[14:07:13] <@jambo|work> not now
[14:07:14] <@jambo|work> not ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom