• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

They need a new PC generation going by that picture. I doesnt look impressive at all.

That is the 360.

This is PeeCee.

x2d3sa7.png

Omikron

Right and where does it say 360 in your original post? Oh, it doesnt?

Maybe my psychic skills arent switched on today.

Either way, PC version looks better but not exactly stunning.

True, but I was being pretty damn sarcastic. You just instantly took the anti-PC position as a point of debate.

Yagharek

Show me your "stunning" gaming screenshots.

For your entertainment. Go nuts. :)

Is that not why you are here?

True, but I was being pretty damn sarcastic. You just instantly took the anti-PC position as a point of debate.

When have you ever posted anything but love for PC and associated disdain for all others? It was a bad picture, and going by your history of discussing PC only, it was a fair question: what was so good about it. I'm still not impressed by it, and surprised (though I shouldn't be) that you want to make an issue of it.

Omikron

Where is the interactive terrain? :s

When have you ever posted anything but love for PC and associated disdain for all others? It was a bad picture, and going by your history of discussing PC only, it was a fair question: what was so good about it. I'm still not impressed by it, and surprised (though I shouldn't be) that you want to make an issue of it.

Actually no. Just current consoles.

jambo

You actually posted WipEout HD? That's like the ultimate product of making games prettier without changing the gameplay.

Fucking hell.

I need to lie down.

Yagharek

For the level of detail increase a PC supposedly allows, you would expect those high definition rocks to be movable. That's not the case with lower spec games that come with different expectations.

You actually posted WipEout HD? That's like the ultimate product of making games prettier without changing the gameplay.

Fucking hell.

I need to lie down.

Why would you change the gameplay?

Actually no. Just current consoles.

Considering you have only been posting for the duration of the current console gen like most people here, that doesn't contradict my point.

N0VAM0D

I went to the Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters premiere in Sydney last night, and it was surprisingly decent. There were a couple of things in the film which bothered me, but it didn't stop me from smiling on my way out of the theatre. Plenty of badass moments, one liners, and a plot which was simple to follow, yet interesting enough to keep you engaged with the film. I can't really complain, they were free tickets, and I got to meet some celebrities, which was really fantastic! However, the highlight of the evening was definitely talking to Jeremy Renner (
and he signed my arm but seriously OH MY GOD HE HELD MY ARM AHHhdjs;ehvfkjxdv
). What a lovely guy.

Omikron

For the level of detail increase a PC supposedly allows, you would expect those high definition rocks to be movable. That's not the case with lower spec games that come with different expectations.

Why would you change the gameplay?

These 2 statements don't contradict?

One hand you are asking for something that would change the gameplay across different platforms and then suggest they shouldn't with a graphical update.

I do understand the examples are different, but still seems a strange argument to me.

Considering you have only been posting for the duration of the current console gen like most people here, that doesn't contradict my point.

Eh? Many times I have contributed to discussing older games. Particularly PS2 jRPGs lately.

Thanks for your tips, gents. What's the turnaround on BookDepository.uk?

1-2 weeks to Melbourne.

Yagharek

These 2 statements don't contradict?

One hand you are asking for something that would change the gameplay across different platforms and then suggest they shouldn't with a graphical update.

I do understand the examples are different, but still seems a strange argument to me.

What would you change Wipeout's gameplay to, exactly? A third person text adventure? Action platformer? It's a futuristic racing game built to run at 60fps.

If you are talking about increasing high tech in an fps game, wouldn't you expect more interactivity in the game world? destructible buildings, deformable terrain, not just high res rock textures and better shadows.

Eh? Many times I have contributed to discussing older games. Particularly PS2 jRPGs lately.

So old games with outdated graphics are fine if the consoles are no longer being manufactured, but if there are outdated visuals on consoles currently being manufactured then that is bad. Not contradictory at all.

I'm just going to make the assumption here that its impossible to debate with people like yourself who won't acknowledge their own bias. All this because I wasn't impressed by your image de jour. Back to federal election discussion.

Omikron

What would you change Wipeout's gameplay to, exactly? A third person text adventure? Action platformer? It's a futuristic racing game built to run at 60fps.

If you are talking about increasing high tech in an fps game, wouldn't you expect more interactivity in the game world? destructible buildings, deformable terrain, not just high res rock textures and better shadows.

Exactly, so in one hand you are saying you can't change this game, but saying you can change that game.

So old games with outdated graphics are fine if the consoles are no longer being manufactured, but if there are outdated visuals on consoles currently being manufactured then that is bad. Not contradictory at all.

No. Those were experiences that you couldn't get on PCs of the time, never mind comparing graphical tech of today against tech of ye olde days is completely ridiculous.

I'm just going to make the assumption here that its impossible to debate with people like yourself who won't acknowledge their own bias. All this because I wasn't impressed by your image de jour. Back to federal election discussion.

ehhh.....

jambo

Why is changing an FPS games gameplay supposed to be little things like environment interaction, but if you talk about changing a racing games gameplay suddenly we're making it in to a text adventure? =\

Maybe destructible environments could work in WipEout? Or some sort of levelling system to unlock weapons? Maybe a FreeSpace 2 style loadout screen before races to equip your racer?

PZl9J.gif

markot

Banned
Except how many futuristic racers are there?

None now with wipe out team dead and fzero ignored -.-

When there are a million fps games released each year, innocation is more important.

Any of you same time zone as me cunts wanna be Wii U and/or 3DS frands?!?

NNID: partymchardy

3DS: 0559 6787 5259

I shall be Monster Hunting and Animal Crossing in the near future, so if that does in fact sound interesting to you, then please do not hesitate to pm me your details.

Rahk

Well, it's a bit hard to judge if a game has all that based on a single static screenshot.

I watched a few minutes of this video and have already seen trees falling from gunfire and a car catching on fire. Not so much destructible buildings, but I guess they have to keep the level design intact. You could demolish small houses in the original Crysis with your weapons or fists though, so maybe there will be stuff like that later.

Hopefully Crysis 3 MP gets more interest than the second one did. I had some fun with that, although barely anyone played it.

Kritz

Banned
I do kind of agree that I don't really give a shit about Crysis 2's static environments. I was in love with the first Crysis due to how you could just C4 a wall and blow it out, or jump onto a roof and punch a hole through stuff. Or go into the sandbox map editor, spend an hour building a village out of houses and materials, and then drop a nuke on the bitch and watch everything explode, including the framerate.

I want a game that is just the second? level from crysis for eight hours. The one where you start off on a hill and you traverse down into the little village with the tank boss fight. Except, remove the tank boss fight. Or how about if you have a tank boss fight make it so jumping on top of the tank with super strength lets me rip the goddamn hatch off the thing and throw a grenade in, Halo style.

BECAUSE WHY BOTHER GIVING ME SUPER STRENGTH IF I CAN'T TAKE OUT A TANK WITHOUT THREE GODDAMN ROCKETS.

Clipper

So I received two cool shipping notices today. Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition shipped from JB and Hyrule Historia shipped from Amazon. Both were ordered back in August...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom