• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

I really don't what you think of me but talking about family members highlights what a class act you are, Danoss. Congratulations, you should feel awesome about yourself.

I saw this since I was on mobile. Thought I'd click for a lol and lols were had. Who brought up your sister? Oh, that's right, you did. Don't bring up that they also believe what you do if you don't want it commented on. I said such a belief was absurd in an earlier post and this was no different. This belief says I deserve what injuries I'll have to endure for the rest of my life. Classy indeed.

But I understand, though, a conversation didn't go exactly the way that you wanted so you've had to cause a big fuss and act out and you've succeeded in turning attention (and hopefully sympathy) back to yourself. Next time that happens, you can pull out the whole "I'm leaving AusGAF everybody hates me!" card. That one's a classic and usually gets you the attention you desire.

Truth cuts deep I see. I couldn't care less how the conversation went, you're clearly more invested than I given this kind of response. It was between me and you and honestly, most people have glazed over it because its a waste of their time too. If you think I'm hunting for attention, you're sorely mistaken, though I could quite easily say the same of you.

teekun

We make $3.50 an hour.

America is so whack...

How could anyone survive on that, even with tips and crap its $9 an hour? Thats so mental....

7.25 USD per hour (July 24, 2009)
United States of America, Minimum wage

Our 16 year olds get paid more >.< (Although they should get the same wage as an adult!)

America has basically zero worker protection laws that don't cover physical harm or discrimination. It's fucked. Way back, small restaurant owners basically lobbied government to change the minimum wage for servers because they didn't think it was fair that they should have to pay the full wage when customers were paying them on top of that already. It was done as a gesture to help prop up small businesses.

Americans have devalued basically every single commodity to the point where nobody can imagine paying what something is actually worth in the rest of the world. There's no way in hell you'd ever be able to successfully raise wages and cover the cost with increased prices.

Shaneus

GRID 2 on May 31st =D
You have bad taste and you should feel bad.

Grid 2? Codemasters? Call me from 1999 when they made good games bitch!
Right on, brother.

GRID was awesome and the F1 games have been amazing as well =\

TOCA Race Driver 3/V8 Supercars 3 was a great game too and that was 2006.
syBQA2V.gif

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahha

Codemasters is a shell of its former self, its games are bad and they should feel bad.
Testify!

:( No appreciation for the classics!

Also, I'm in Geelong today.

Fuck Geelong.
:(

Aaaah, I see. You're looking for a mini then. The guy at Fast Times said they have those for around $100. I was going to offer to sell you my cruiser (if you live in Melbourne, I forget where everyone lives) but it's not what you're after. :)

edit: also fuck you
Yeah, I think it's a mini that I want. But, with the express purpose of "cruising"... so it doesn't need to be super agile but I'd like it to be stable and smooth enough that a tard like me can ride it.

Edit: <3

senahorse

Sonic Transformed is finally out on PC!

In case you didn't know how awesome my internet was, here's a screencap:
cHV8PVs.png

As you can see, it took me 6 minutes to download 4.2gb. Just sayin'.

I'll see if I can break the into the 5 minute barrier when I get home :)

Yagharek

They probably can't afford the costs involved to learn the new platform. Codemasters have been pretty focused with their products lately. The one thing I can't really fault them on.

I assume we are talking about DIRT2

I don't know, youre the one being a holycheck.

I'm asking what the fake excuse is. Like Tomb Raider not being on it due to the controller, or other examples like not being able to think of a novel way to use it to suit the game.

I'd much rather them come out and say directly "we are switching our resources to targeting PS4/XB3 specs" or "poor sales" (which is really a catch 22 based on shitty third party support anyway).

LOL Totilo. Unprofessional.

Also paging Shaneus!

Also where you go for work Cod is OUTSIDE Warrnambool! Come into town and have some drinks and delightful country food!

I don't know, youre the one being a holycheck.

I'm asking what the fake excuse is. Like Tomb Raider not being on it due to the controller, or other examples like not being able to think of a novel way to use it to suit the game.

I'd much rather them come out and say directly "we are switching our resources to targeting PS4/XB3 specs" or "poor sales" (which is really a catch 22 based on shitty third party support anyway).

I didn't even bring it up the first time!

Also the real reason is, "the install base isn't as big as the other current platforms so the potential sales are smaller, once the WiiU is around for another 12 months and is in more households we will put more development budgets into it".

Yagharek

Unprofessional, but exactly what people like him and Keighly do by design. It's their job to advertise for the AAA market.

I didn't even bring it up the first time!

Also the real reason is, "the install base isn't as big as the other current platforms so the potential sales are smaller, once the WiiU is around for another 12 months and is in more households we will put more development budgets into it".

The real reason would be honest, disappointing but at least understandable, whereas lying to the core market just breeds contempt.

I see plenty of money to be made at launch on new consoles, look at the Ridge Racer series.
I think the bigger publishers need to think of it as building their brand on the new platform, experiment with some new IP at a mid range budget that will leverage the advantages of the new platform over the old ones. If the game is good it will sell okay, set up 500k as meeting expectations, maybe expect a small loss in order to get a fanbase on the platform.

Ubisoft have been okay in that regard, Red Steel 1&2 for Wii (2 bombed which is sad while the first game did really well despite being rough) and now ZombiU for the WiiU (which is a quality title thankfully!).

Need to set the sights lower than AAA 5+ Million seller though.

Ydahs

Sonic Transformed is finally out on PC!

In case you didn't know how awesome my internet was, here's a screencap:
cHV8PVs.png

As you can see, it took me 6 minutes to download 4.2gb. Just sayin'.

Damn, just started the game on my WiiU a couple of days ago. Gonna miss dat PC 3D effect :(

In other news, Trine 2 has finally been released on the Aussie eShop and is currently on sale for $15.

Yagharek

In other news, Trine 2 has finally been released on the Aussie eShop and is currently on sale for $15.

Can you please give a go of the wiimote controls and report back on how you find it. Helpful comparisons would be to lost winds or nyxquest if youve played either. It's a game I want to like, but firing arrows and dragging crates around with a second analog stick is a terrible control scheme.

Yagharek

I gave MGS Rising a second chance. Still shit. I can parry, but then the boss decides a bit of wall rape is on the cards. Not even touching this one second hand.

Shaneus

The guy who would suck Sonic's dick if he could download it is talking to me about taste in games?
Where did that come from?

I see something about PGR, but I don't "get" it. Is there some news I should be looking at first?

Anyway, as far as PGR rumours go, I'm pretty sure my investigatorin' is a little more conclusive than whatever that dude wrote. Unless there's been a mass exodus of Bizarre staff from Lucid. And the ex-Bizarre head guy from Sumo left...

Grid was shit, but V8 3 was a simply amazing game.
No argument from me there. I just couldn't be arsed editing that quote :)

Omikron

@Yag - I will give you my thoughts on Trine / Trine 2.

It is a fairly pretty (visually) 2D platformer with annoying box tower construction 'puzzle' gameplay. That is about it really.

Rating: Sub $5 purchase price.

Yagharek

I really gotta dl the Rising demo and check it out cos pretty much everybody but Yag seems on-board with it

It has misleading prompts (despite the assertion parry works, it doesnt work in specific situations, although it is better than I originally thought). I'm still right in that it tells you to parry when you cannot.

The camera doesn't keep up with the faster paced encounters.

The stronger enemies wall rape you. It's hit an miss whether you can close the gap between you and the enemy after a high velocity parry + bounce.

It's simply not a Metal Gear game, and it is notably inferior to Ninja Gaiden and Vanquish.

About the only nice things I can say of it are the visuals, framerate and general design are pretty spiffy.

It is a fairly pretty (visually) 2D platformer with annoying box tower construction 'puzzle' gameplay. That is about it really.

I'm after Wii U impressions, since pointer controls would actually make it playable. I've played demos of the ps3 versions, and using right analog to manipulate boxes and arrow trajectories is rubbish.

Rahk

Good for a laugh in co-op. Trapping people in your box tower constructions or blocking their way when they try to jump a ledge, falling to their death.

Omikron

I'm after Wii U impressions, since pointer controls would actually make it playable. I've played demos of the ps3 versions, and using right analog to manipulate boxes and arrow trajectories is rubbish.

I imagine it would play similarly to the PC. Which is what I was giving impressions of.

Yagharek

I imagine it would play similarly to the PC. Which is what I was giving impressions of.

It is a fairly pretty (visually) 2D platformer with annoying box tower construction 'puzzle' gameplay.

You build boxes in all versions. It looks pretty in all versions. It has puzzles in all versions.

What about those comments is PC exclusive and would inform a Wii U possible purchase? You described the game, not how it controls.

Omikron

You build boxes in all versions. It looks pretty in all versions. It has puzzles in all versions.

What about those comments is PC exclusive and would inform a Wii U possible purchase? You described the game, not how it controls.

I believe annoying box tower construction covers that? Seeing that is what you do with your pointer.

Also, if you are buying it because of pointer controls, you are doing it wrong.

Yagharek

I believe annoying box tower construction covers that? Seeing that is what you do with your pointer.

Also, if you are buying it because of pointer controls, you are doing it wrong.

Thanks for the elucidating thoughts. Because here I was thinking that some games could be improved or made enjoyable thanks to Wii remote controls. Next time I want to find out how PES on Wii U plays, I'll just ask you how the PC version plays because they will both obviously be exactly the same in functionality.

"I believe it's a football game covers that? Seeing as thats what you do with the controller. Also, if you are buying it because of pointer controls, you are doing it wrong".

Omikron

Thanks for the elucidating thoughts. Because here I was thinking that some games could be improved or made enjoyable thanks to Wii remote controls. Next time I want to find out how PES on Wii U plays, I'll just ask you how the PC version plays because they will both obviously be exactly the same in functionality.

"I believe it's a football game covers that? Seeing as thats what you do with the controller. Also, if you are buying it because of pointer controls, you are doing it wrong".

Cool.

I will attempt never to give you my thoughts or opinions. :)

Yagharek

Cool.

I will attempt never to give you my thoughts or opinions. :)

You'll notice I've never asked for them. Specifically because they either come with a heavy dose of condescension, or are completely unrelated to the question at hand. :)

Jintor

Let me offer my uninvited opinions

Antichamber is giving me a headache in a good way but not in a 'oh man I want to play it right now' kind of way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom