• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

Could've done board games if we knew you were coming up. Unless your time here was completely filled up. No jumper needed indoors.

Needs more black areas on the radar (not for there to be a storm, I just wish there was).

Yeah just a weekend this time. Got the Zelda thing tonight then catching up with friends Saturday and Sunday.

Edit: holy shit dat weather

jambo

Oh, I just meant the Sonic thing, not the tone. I don't think I've ever been a massive Sonic fan. You'd have been better off saying something about Bizarre Creations, PGR, Sumo or AMD GPUs ;)

AMD? Oh god.

I just remember you always going on about Sonic games coming out and I you having more than a few on Steam.

Omni

ohmygod UTAS is frustrating. Exam period is next week, and absolutely no information has been released about my unit. It could be on Monday for all I know

egh. Stress levels are very high.

in commemoration of my 1 month hand-iversary
here are new pics
http://imgur.com/a/EDj6R
http://imgur.com/a/b0YdS
shame im smart enough to not post the fb album link as i just added a bunch of nice descriptions and all the pics are grouped up

What happened? :eek:

Ydahs

Can you please give a go of the wiimote controls and report back on how you find it. Helpful comparisons would be to lost winds or nyxquest if youve played either. It's a game I want to like, but firing arrows and dragging crates around with a second analog stick is a terrible control scheme.

If I have the time to play it sometime tonight or over the weekend, I'll let you know. A shame there's no demo available.

Fredescu

GAF appropriate Cricinfo commentary: "Game over within 10 overs. It is like Super Mario found a pipeline to take him close to the finish."

@Yag - I will give you my thoughts on Trine / Trine 2.

It is a fairly pretty (visually) 2D platformer with annoying box tower construction 'puzzle' gameplay. That is about it really.

Rating: Sub $5 purchase price.
Agreed. It's kinda fun at first but eventually the "puzzles" and "physics" boil down to building towers and that's pretty much it.

Thanks for the elucidating thoughts. Because here I was thinking that some games could be improved or made enjoyable thanks to Wii remote controls.
PC version of Trine has both mouse and controller controls. Mouse pointer will equate well enough. I wouldn't buy it just for those. Get it cheap.

Anyone with weekend plans?
Was considering going to the Geelong Beer Fest but since I drove to and from Geelong today I probably won't bother, and will instead help the wife at the market tomorrow. Maybe four hours on a train will be better...

jambo

GAF appropriate Cricinfo commentary: "Game over within 10 overs. It is like Super Mario found a pipeline to take him close to the finish."

hOETtll.png

jambo

I intend to relax by finding a way to store smallworld more efficiently and write code.

Heading down to catch up with relies on Saturday and then again on Sunday night.

Probably game Sunday during the day or fiddle with XBMC.

Fredescu

What did you pickup? I really need to get my bass out of storage now that the little guy is older.

Got a Strat. AusGAF seems to be MetalGAF so maybe I shouldn't admit to that. I have two basses! Used to be three, really should only be one. They're fun to play with other people but I kind of lose interest when playing alone. Both of my acoustic guitars died at the same time. One is being repaired, the other isn't worth repairing. This is my first electric guitar after playing for twenty years, so I guess this is my mid-life crisis.

What kind of bass have you got?

Clipper

With the rain, I'm beginning to regret coming into Circular Quay early for the Zelda concert tonight... Nothing to do... It was either that, or head home then come right back out here, shortly afterwards, so there wasn't much choice. I guess I kind of got screwed over by the afternoon cross-city meeting that caused this situation...

Still, less than 2 hours until the concert that should more than make up for all this waiting around.

Kritz

Banned
Guys you should really play Antichamber. Game's fantastic. It seems long, too, for a puzzle game. Put in four hours and I only seem to be halfway done. My recommendation is to go in dark. It's a puzzle game, and your spatial awareness will be all fucked up. That's all you need to know.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/219890/

y'all.

edit - also if you don't have nvidia physx installed and the game crashes at launch, you need to install nvidia physix.

markot

Banned
Whys Ikea have such awful drinks in their restaurant >_<?

It was horrrrrrid, all of them...

People say they used to have pepsi?! What happened!?

I did my weekly shop today. There was no bottled water (i much prefer it to Brisbane tap water), no mineral water, sparkling, soda water at all.

In other news, meet Queensland's newest billionaire...

883678-water-bottles-1.jpg

Dead Man

I hate when I find out I am playing a game wrong. Far Cry 3, didn't even realise I could disable the alarms until I got to the second island. Loving the game now. Fuck first person platforming though. Still hate that shit.

Danoss

I intend to relax by finding a way to store smallworld more efficiently and write code.

D&D tomorrow where our party will embark on our first adventure in the Epic tier. Our GM has promised a TPK fun time fighting a dragon.

I'll probably reading books and catching up on some TV for the rest of it.

Clipper

Sorry for the poor quality, but here's what they are playing:
1D249487-ACC7-402B-AEA7-14730D840EC8-8056-00000D55760C26F3_zps06d305f3.jpg

Also, I broke down and purchased the merch. T-shirt and poster for $35 :/

Edit: Also, all types here for sure. Girl in Link hat, girl in anime cosplay, teenage boys in suits, plenty of Zelda shirts. Haven't seen anyone in full Link gear yet, but I fully expect it...

markot

Banned
Overture, curtains, lights,
This is it, the night of nights
No more rehearsing and nursing a part
We know every part by heart
Overture, curtains, lights
This is it, you'll hit the heights
And oh what heights we'll hit
On with the show this is it

Tonight what heights we'll hit
On with the show this is it

Clipper

Not a bad seat. 6 rows from the stage, 5 seats from the edge. No recording or photography allowed, but the ambient Zelda tunes as people shuffle in are sweet. This is going to be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom