• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Omi trends towards dodgy links? :p

Here you go. Interesting smackdown, indeed.

Hilarious. I think this is my favourite graph:

Bolt%252520version%252520of%252520GISTEMP_thumb%25255B2%25255D.png

I can draw the trend line wherever I like!

Kritz

Banned
I was about to make a poor life decision and resubscribe to netflix. But now they're not accepting my credit card anymore. :(

Either my bank isn't letting the transaction go through, which seems possible looking at whirlpool, or they've gotten smarter about detecting cards that shouldn't be registered. Although it's not like they're applying it to everyone else who has non-us cards.

Does anyone want to try registering a netflix account and see what happens? :p
... probably not. >_>

Is it just me or are banks desperate to issue credit cards? Got approved for a 10k limit on 12 months interest free card in less than 2 minutes! All I wanted was a $1500 limit to get a new TV and pay it off monthly till the end of the interest free term.

markot

Banned
Is it just me or are banks desperate to issue credit cards? Got approved for a 10k limit on 12 months interest free card in less than 2 minutes! All I wanted was a $1500 limit to get a new TV and pay it off monthly till the end of the interest free term.

When they can charge 20% interest rates, yeah, they dont hesitate >.<

Werribee open range zoo is great. Probably the best zoo ever. I mean LOOK.

prime-mover-zoo-highlights-WORZ-web620.jpg
Werribee-Open-Range-Zoo-5292239.jpg

Yep, it is. Went there last year. It's more of an african safari than an actual zoo. There was a male rhino that attacked our bus (it's fairly common for them to attack the bus), the zoo keeper said that rhino was the only male for 6 females and thought the bus was going to mate with the females :p

Rubixcuba

Banned
Did he make the "Sorry for the rain, we were rehearsing the Song of Storms..." joke again?
He did, got a few groans but his jokes were pretty funny, crowd enjoyed it.
The 3 encores felt very special, as was the announcement at the end that they will be doing a 2nd tour this year (in the US at least) with what I assume would be Skyward Sword songs.

Darklord

Banned
So my friends were asked to play a gig in Osaka next week for a heavy metal festival and I'm probably going too. Next weekend! Holy shit. It's so soon! No time to plan! What do I do?! What do I need to know? I know zero Japanese.

Rezbit

Enjoyed Sydney so far, it's beautiful around the water. The CBD is batshit insane though. Traffic was obviously made worse by the weather yesterday, but wowzers. Some nice old colonial era buildings, just a pity they are swallowed by the numerous skyscrapers.

So my friends were asked to play a gig in Osaka next week for a heavy metal festival and I'm probably going too. Next weekend! Holy shit. It's so soon! No time to plan! What do I do?! What do I need to know? I know zero Japanese.
Don't need to know Japanese, especially in Osaka.

Go visit Space Station Osaka so you can play old video games and drink. Shop in Den Den Town for nerdy stuff. Make a day trip to Kyoto since it's awesome and only half an hour away.

Darklord

Banned
Don't need to know Japanese, especially in Osaka.

Go visit Space Station Osaka so you can play old video games and drink. Shop in Den Den Town for nerdy stuff. Make a day trip to Kyoto since it's awesome and only half an hour away.

Space Station Osaka looks awesome. I found out we have free acomm, food, transfer and 50% paid flight. God damn. I'll try and cram in as much extra stuff as possible but will probably spend most of it at the festival. Good to know Osaka is English friendly.

Jintor

I just beat the game in 11 minutes. :(

It's a simple thing but I can't deal with the spatial weirdness of walking down a corridor and it being somewhere I've been before but from a completely different entrance

or walking into a room, deciding to head back, only to find that the entrance no longer exists

also i'm pretty sure i wandered into a weird room and I don't know how to get back there and it's giving me the shits

Kritz

Banned
It's a simple thing but I can't deal with the spatial weirdness of walking down a corridor and it being somewhere I've been before but from a completely different entrance

or walking into a room, deciding to head back, only to find that the entrance no longer exists

also i'm pretty sure i wandered into a weird room and I don't know how to get back there and it's giving me the shits

The best tip I can give for antichamber is that if you get stuck, just move onto the next area you haven't been to. You'll learn more about the game just exploring and playing around with solutions than you likely will banging your head on a single puzzle.

It took me about two hours to become comfortable with navigating the world and using the very basic mechanics I had at the time.

But boy has it been rewarding to go back to that game and kick its ass.

Omikron

I just got spat just about all the way to the 'beginning' after making pretty good progress through the little puzzles. That wasn't enjoyable.

NO YOU. How could you say that!

I think I'm finally going to be able to afford to go and study there next year ;.; I can't wait that long.

I just beat the game in 11 minutes. :(
I think I'm too anal to play that that game. Gotta read all the signs, try all the things. I'd never finish it, and its killing me that you finished it so fast... you didn't do all the things did you!??! >.>

OH FUCK
I JUST REALISED MY MOUTH IS A BANANA TOO
GAZ YOU BEAUTIFUL GENIUS

OH SHIT.

Kritz

Banned
So I think I am going to stop playing antichamber. I've played for 13 hours. I have finished it three times now. I've done a speed run, a personal arbitrary challenge run and a 100% run. I just spent an hour trying to beat a puzzle that was unbeatable, only to beat it.

I can not play more of that game, as I fear I might soon not be able to navigate myself in 3d space.

edit - Shan, it took me 6 hours for my first playthrough. I got about 90% of all the things in the game in that run.
Also, for anyone remotely interested, Here's part 1 of my 'not quite a speed run'. Don't watch it if you have any wish to ever play Antichamber / haven't finished it, because I spoil quite a few puzzles.

Yo, antichamber is amazing.

Shaneus

Also the final boss in pikmin is hard. Kind of like the chevy chase of bosses.

Ausgaf 9: the chevy chase of ausgafs
The Idle Thumbs Twitch stream just ended!

So guys, is Worms Reloaded GOTY worth buying for <$7? Should we all buy it so we can get all up in this asynchronous bitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom