• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord

Banned
Are wifi adapters any good for like Wii and handheld things? I still use ethernet so don't have normal wifi set up in my place. I found my old Nintendo wifi adapter but the drivers refuse to install.

Shaneus

Fuuuck me. Just came home from seeing a DJ in Melbourne and see the aftermath of the most horrific car accident I've ever seen. One of the cars involved was a Subaru and my family knew I was going up, so the first thing I did when I got back was to message them and let them know.

My sister had only just heard the 5:30am news (I sent the message at 5:39) while my poor mum had been awake since 3:30am :(

Five died, speeding BMW speeding down the wrong side of the road and ran into an overloaded Subaru. Just feel numb as fuck, because apparently it happened shortly after 1am and my mate and I were passing through that area half an hour earlier.

I guess this is what shock feels like, hey?

Edit: Fuck, female driver was the one in the BMW. I'm guessing drugs. Or world's worst fucking suicide attempt.

Echoplx

So i'm completely clueless when it comes to SSDs these days, is there any 'must have' brand/model? Looking for a 120gb drive just for the OS and a few games, preferably something that won't die for a long time (is that even a issue any more?)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So i'm completely clueless when it comes to SSDs these days, is there any 'must have' brand/model? Looking for a 120gb drive just for the OS and a few games, preferably something that won't die for a long time (is that even a issue any more?)

Samsung 830. Sandisk ones seem good too, using one as my main gaming drive.

I have a crucial M4 as my OS as well, that seems fine. However for some reason the latest firmware is a bit buggy going by forum posts. They seem to be hit and miss on FW these days.

Intel of course is an option.

Also - @X3N

Looks like these are on sale now.
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22197
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22198

Fuuuck me. Just came home from seeing a DJ in Melbourne and see the aftermath of the most horrific car accident I've ever seen. One of the cars involved was a Subaru and my family knew I was going up, so the first thing I did when I got back was to message them and let them know.

My sister had only just heard the 5:30am news (I sent the message at 5:39) while my poor mum had been awake since 3:30am :(

Five died, speeding BMW speeding down the wrong side of the road and ran into an overloaded Subaru. Just feel numb as fuck, because apparently it happened shortly after 1am and my mate and I were passing through that area half an hour earlier.

Edit: Fuck, female driver was the one in the BMW. I'm guessing drugs. Or world's worst fucking suicide attempt.

Holy shit dude, I was just reading about it on the abc. Sounds horrific.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The Intel 330 is looking like a good option, the tweak town review of the Samsung 830 says there is some write speed problems

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4520/samsung_830_series_128gb_solid_state_drive_review/index13.html

From what I can tell Intel seems best for sandforce based drives and have the best ssd management tools as well.

In terms of write speed, Every single SSD ends up being different at write speeds. Some are good at X and others are good at Y. In reality it barely matters, you're going to copy a specific amount of files to your drive and then read from it 99% of the time after.

They look pretty good for the money, still glad I built my own though.

Yea. Throw in some ram and get something like xbmc running off a usb stick, Could be a decent setup if you don't want to build your own. It's a little on the expensive side but hopefully it's actually popular and drops in price over time.

Echoplx

In terms of write speed, Every single SSD ends up being different at write speeds. Some are good at X and others are good at Y. In reality it barely matters, you're going to copy a specific amount of files to your drive and then read from it 99% of the time after

Yeah I think I spoke too soon, SSDs confuse the shit out of me and it doesn't help that there's so much conflicting information out there. I'll probably go with the 830.

Yagharek

This makes me so fucking angry when selfish drivers kill innocent people. There was another case near perth this week where a road rage between two drivers ended with one of them speeding off and running into a third (unrealated) car killing the driver.

If it bothers you shaneus, maybe look into a phone counselling service. It would be a horrible thing to see.

Yagharek

Alos its about time 2Day FM was taken off air permanently and every cunt working from them banned from ever earning above minimum wage.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Internet works. Internet doesn't work. Internet works. Internet doesn't work. Internet works. Internet doesn't work. Internet works. Internet doesn't work.

And so on, within the span of about five minutes.

Scumbag Optus.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Why do the kitty homes require proof that my landlord will allow me a pet (I know why..) But still. Suggestions? Lie and say I own the property? Or put down a non apartment address?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yeah I know that. And I wouldn't :( I'd find a place I can have the cat. Or have it stay with a rellie whilst I hunt for a cat friendly home if required :(

Shaneus

This makes me so fucking angry when selfish drivers kill innocent people. There was another case near perth this week where a road rage between two drivers ended with one of them speeding off and running into a third (unrealated) car killing the driver.

If it bothers you shaneus, maybe look into a phone counselling service. It would be a horrible thing to see.
I think I'll be right, I was just pretty shaken at the time (even though "all" I saw was the two cars with tarps over them and a shitload of cops etc.) but I think I'll be right :)

Just really, really full on. That's all.

You should ask reptile if he has any advice for coping techniques given his recent outage.
For a second I thought that was directed toward me :lol

Omikron

Watching this VGA rubbish. American TV I guess. It is all adverts and people dying tbh.

Also: The Last of Us is a video game I can't see why people are excited over. :D

Yagharek

Watching this VGA rubbish. American TV I guess. It is all adverts and people dying tbh.

Also: The Last of Us is a video game I can't see why people are excited over. :D

The games media will lap up the 'harrowing emotional tormen' no doubt.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

Why are you not in steam chat trolling it with us. Terrible.

Jintor

tumblr_mep1wp0dC21rnx5rho1_500.jpg

PRAISE THE SUN, BITCHES

Fredescu

I installed Dark Souls yesterday and today a sequel was announced. Half Life 2: Episode 2 now installing. Any requests?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If any Melbournites would like to see Gotye tonight at 6:30 (I think?) shoot me a message. My sister's boyfriend is in the city and has two spare tickets.

senahorse

Probably a good thing, looks like they messed up the stitching :D

Wait, I take you the bought the vest, I know a good tailor that could fix that up for you :p

Shaneus

So, AusGAF. In particular, somewhat fashion-conscious AusGAF. I need a bag for with which to carry my iPad in, that looks both stylish and sophisticated, smart yet sexy, not unlike myself.

What suggestions does thou have? Ideally it would look like something that is pretty damn hip (you kids still use that word, right?) regardless of whether I'm using it to carry an iPad 3 or not.

Go.

So, AusGAF. In particular, somewhat fashion-conscious AusGAF. I need a bag for with which to carry my iPad in, that looks both stylish and sophisticated, smart yet sexy, not unlike myself.

What suggestions does thou have? Ideally it would look like something that is pretty damn hip (you kids still use that word, right?) regardless of whether I'm using it to carry an iPad 3 or not.

Go.

Just get a pack of heavy duty garbage bags, you can be like a hipster or something

Salazar

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...queensland-water/story-e6freoof-1226532471114

MORE than a third of Newman Government MPs are behind a push to rid the state's water supply of fluoride, according to its main opponent.

First-term Nudgee LNP MP Jason Woodforth claims he has secured the backing of 31 MPs who "don't agree with mass medicating people" and want the "brain-altering poison" removed.

The Newman Government handed councils the power to decide whether fluoride is added to water supplies under law changes passed last week.

At least four regional councils, Cassowary Coast, Blackhall-Tambo, Balonne and Tablelands, will opt out of introducing fluoride.

Moreton Bay Regional Council also called for a report on adding fluoride after one councillor labelled it "poisonous".

A 2007 Galaxy Poll for The Courier-Mail found 62 per cent of Queenslanders wanted fluoride while 29 per cent were opposed. Southeast Queensland councils will now conduct community consultations.

Premier Campbell Newman hinted at changes to fluoridation laws during the March election campaign and it is understood he pushed ahead after lobbying from a group of backbenchers.

The laws fit with Mr Newman's focus on handing decision-making power back to councils.

Changes could be difficult as many councils share a water source. Limiting the flow of fluoride could be "hugely expensive", according to water grid insiders.

But Mr Woodforth, a one-time bodybuilder who is president of the Queensland branch of the International Natural Bodybuilding Association, wants the state fluoride free by March.

Despite the weight of expert opinion advocating fluoride as a crucial dental health measure, Mr Woodforth believes the problem of tooth decay could be fixed with diet rather than adding what he labelled "toxic poison" to water.

Mr Woodforth believes the problem of tooth decay could be fixed with diet rather than adding what he labelled "toxic poison" to water.

With an electoral margin of just 3.1 per cent, Mr Woodforth is aware his time could be limited.

"I want the truth to be told. This is brain-altering stuff," he said.

"Fluoride is not essential. We don't need it. Nature hasn't got this wrong.

"It's not fluoride, it's fluorine. It's hydrofluorosilicic acid.

"It contains lead, arsenic and mercury. Lead in petrol and lead in paint is a toxin, same with mercury, same with arsenic so if they are no good on their own, what makes them so good in fluorine?"

LNP partyroom secretary Rosemary Menkens said Mr Woodforth had got it "a little bit wrong" when claiming his push to rid Queensland of fluoride was backed by 31 MPs, saying many MPs were merely advocating for local choice.

Both the Australian Dental Association and Australian Medical Association state branches condemned the move to relax flouridation laws, saying it undermined efforts to give Queenslanders better oral health and would further strain the state's already stretched health system.

Education Minister and former dentist John-Paul Langbroek said it was "an open and shut case" fluoride prevented tooth decay and councils should not opt out.

"The Premier and the Health Minster have made the point that they are certainly hoping and anticipating that reasoned councils will make sure that they don't change it and I concur with that," he said.

:lol

Redneck teeth set to get shittier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom