• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those wondering, Kryal Castle's main outdoor part was used for the show. it was good aside from the chain smoking fat lady next to s and security guards standing in the way. Barnsey's youngest daughter was certainly attractive.

Jintor

I won't be graduated in time:( but if you're applying for next year we can totally hang out there. Where were you thinking of going?

applying end of this year since i'll hopefully have my degree next year. I... don't know I was going to say anywhere is fine except maybe a lonely fishing village down the south or something.

Shaneus

Is that the new one?
I think so? I mean, I don't recall any of the others having as much DLC so I assume it's the most recent one. Plus, it's a Steam code and I'm pretty sure that none of the others were Steamworks.

Bullshit. The original is timeless.
Yup. I actually enjoyed the second one as well (I think? It was the first one that had cartoony graphics). But I didn't bother hunting down any others since seeing as they didn't seem to change the formula much. But with Steamworks (ie. multiplayer) and a suitable price point, I figured it's probably worthwhile.

Probably looks nice upscaled as well (providing it's vector and not raster graphics).

Probably looks nice upscaled as well (providing it's vector and not raster graphics).
What have you got against this cute little guy?
6kOvXJe.jpg

Deeku

Yagharek said:
I just finished Pikmin 1. First time ever. Pretty good.
pikmin is rad, i think i finished it... didn't play much of 2 though, didn't really like it for some reason:/

applying end of this year since i'll hopefully have my degree next year. I... don't know I was going to say anywhere is fine except maybe a lonely fishing village down the south or something.
being an english teacher in a lonely fishing village sounds kinda cool though!

Omikron

Stuck again in Antichamber, definitely is a game to just leave and come back to and you tend to solve where you were stuck pretty quickly.

Edit: No longer stuck, game told me I am 'half way'

Kritz

Banned
Random anecdote: just spied an american in this coffee store not understanding that we don't tip here. He's young so he might just be obtuse. He was also fumbling with the coins trying to work out denominations.

I can't pick the accent.

Heating system was making weird noises last night. Woke up in the morning and none of the light switches were working. All the wall points are working though. Safety switch for lights has tripped in the meter box, definitely something busted within the heating system. :/

Deeku

those catches:eek:

codswallop said:
B-b-b expensive. Better to stay in Kyoto so you can ride everywhere with an umbrella attached to your bike.

I've been looking at 1:6 scale military model equipment all day. What is wrong with me?
plus a little bento in the bike's basket!

military models are pretty cool, but i don't know anything about tanks!

On Friday I went to a friend of a friend's place to play Axis and Allies. "It goes for a while", they said. The one game we played lasted 7 hours -_-

When you play the game of thrones tanks...

It almost ended after one hour, then a daring raid to capture Germany and steal all their cash brought their industry to a halt for several turns and the UK player got to make it rain. Rather than being able to swiftly follow up success, the 8 unit deployment limit in the UK and lack of any other deployment zones meant that the Brit had to buy a bunch of expensive units like battleships and bombers instead of a swarm of tanks, which is what he really needed. So the Germans recovered, the UK was very strong, and the game just keeeept gooooing.

P.S. I don't know why I'm speaking in third person, I was the UK player.

Rezbit

Holy shit George Bailey :eek: :eek: :eek:
25 of the last over, 24 off his bat.

Get him in the test team too. I reckon he could be the Hussey replacement they're after. Really active cricketer, good temperament, good leadership skills, hard working. Might not have the class of Huss but I reckon he could do well at test level.

Yagharek

I recall saying the same a couple years back. He's shown the experience in Tassie taking them to several titles and finals, so he has more than done enough.

edit;

Brydon Coverdale @brydoncoverdale
The list of Aussie run scorers since Bailey's ODI debut is just as startling: Bailey 720, next Dave Hussey with 417 and Warner 408 #ausvwi
4 minutes ago

Brydon Coverdale @brydoncoverdale
Wonder if anyone still doubts Bailey’s value. Since his ODI debut, only Ian Bell has made more ODI runs worldwide than Bailey’s 720 #ausvwi
24 minutes ago

FORM BATSMAN

I knwo quite a few AusGAFers have Vitas, so I have a question for you guys: how do games on Vita make use of the touch pad (if at all)?

The PS4 rumours are saying that the new control pad will have a touch pad on it and I'm just wondering what sort of things you could actually do with it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I knwo quite a few AusGAFers have Vitas, so I have a question for you guys: how do games on Vita make use of the touch pad (if at all)?

The PS4 rumours are saying that the new control pad will have a touch pad on it and I'm just wondering what sort of things you could actually do with it.

Essentially the same as say a DS.

Crappy finger movements that offer nothing to the overall experience of the game you're playing.

Holy shit George Bailey :eek: :eek: :eek:
25 of the last over, 24 off his bat.

He struggled for a fair bit of his innings too, showed the value in digging in and keeping his wicket. The last few overs weren't great but he made up for it with that last one!

Too bad McKay and Maxwell have been pounded by the WIndies. They were amazing in the field early on too.

Rezbit

Not sure what the go with that decision was. DRS needs work. I'd leave it up to the third umpire to change the real clangers, like the first wicket of that over. Then for the other one there surely the batsman gets the benefit of the doubt.

How was that conclusive? What a fucking muppet! Goes against the DRS rules!

EDIT: DRS doesn't need work, it was the third umpire who didn't follow the rules!

Looks like WIndies falling apart anyway :(

hamchan

I thought if it wasn't definitive it goes back to umpire's decision....

There is no sane person that would say that was definitely out. West Indies robbed!

Rezbit

How was that conclusive? What a fucking muppet! Goes against the DRS rules!

EDIT: DRS doesn't need work, it was the third umpire who didn't follow the rules!

Looks like WIndies falling apart anyway :(

Agree to disagree. It needs work. This sort of stuff keeps happening, ie Finch the other day. Players use it for 50/50 calls, when it should be for clangers. Also it seems third umpires must have the go ahead to change the decision as they see fit.

Yagharek

I'm at the point where I say scrap it altogether. Umpire's word all time every time, and if they're not sure, third umpire replay same with runouts. But it has to be conclusive.

At the moment it is completely fucked, with referrals made on a selfish basis, and fake decisions made with zero evidence, or rather conclusive evidence to the contrary.

WI should lodge a protest.

I thought if it wasn't definitive it goes back to umpire's decision....
It is, which is why it is batshit insane that the third umpire overrulled both the onfield umpire AND the DRS.

Agree to disagree. It needs work. This sort of stuff keeps happening, ie Finch the other day. Players use it for 50/50 calls, when it should be for clangers. Also umpires must have the go ahead to change the decision as they see fit.

What needs work? The issue has been human error. I do agree that the other 2 umpires need to be allowed to call the 3rd umpire on his bullshit. If someone can fuck up this big after having the rule book and the review equipment in front of them they don't deserve to have that job. To make a bad call out on the field is one thing, but to go against the rules of the game when you are taking your time to review footage and evidence is just ridiculous.

Yagharek

Also whatever happened to 'batsman gets benefit of the doubt'? Seems to have been thrown out the window.

The only 'evidence' for the wicket is some stupid hot spot on his glove which was there before the ball came into the field of view. What was looking like a nice close finish has been ruined by a shitty fucking coward dumbshit umpire equivalent of the faceless men.

Rezbit

It is, which is why it is batshit insane that the third umpire overrulled both the onfield umpire AND the DRS.

What needs work? The issue has been human error. I do agree that the other 2 umpires need to be allowed to call the 3rd umpire on his bullshit. If someone can fuck up this big after having the rule book and the review equipment in front of them they don't deserve to have that job. To make a bad call out on the field is one thing, but to go against the rules of the game when you are taking your time to review footage and evidence is just ridiculous.

Well I thought I mentioned what I thought needs work? On my phone so can't really type a larger response. It's obviously within the rules of the game though if the third umpire can overturn a decision, even if he got it hideously wrong. Whether its the right or wrong decision he's seemingly got the power to change it because he 'thought' there was evidence.

Also whatever happened to 'batsman gets benefit of the doubt'? Seems to have been thrown out the window.

The only 'evidence' for the wicket is some stupid hot spot on his glove which was there before the ball came into the field of view. What was looking like a nice close finish has been ruined by a shitty fucking coward dumbshit umpire equivalent of the faceless men.

Nothing on snicko either, there didn't look to be anything really on the hotspot of the gloves that seemed like a ball hit them. Just fucking terrible decision.

The wicket the ball before was the big one. Powell out for 83 of just 90 balls was one we really needed, although it also required DRS despite being plum LBW.

Omikron

Not disagreeing with the above, but Australia get a similar decision against Sri Lanka.

Also "benefit of the doubt" isn't in the rules of cricket....so yeah.

Edit: This is some hitting from Narine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom