• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

When it comes to a lot of the that indie, folky stuff I like it in movies and tv shows, but I can't sit and listen to it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
RY703QE.png

https://grandprix.foxtix.com.au/onl...ticle_id=71A79EB8-1B1A-4330-9547-23ED93C026FC

Free Thursday GA tickets for the F1's

book now :D

senahorse

Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed, is a really good game and the best cart racer I have played in years, Nintendo could learn a few things from it (hopefully they do).

legend166

So, recruiters are pretty annoying.

I went for an interview last week. The job as advertised on Seek was pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Good salary and a step up in terms of the work I'd be doing. The interview went really well, the guy said I presented really well and was basically a perfect candidate in terms of what they were looking for.

Rings me today, asks if he can send through the outline of another job at the same company. This one is nothing like the other one, and is only a 6 month contract. I'm not going to give up my permanent job for a 6 month contract.

So I reply back to the email and say "So does this mean the previous job has been filled or is it still open?" He replies back with some completely vague response, so now I have no idea what's going on. I'm just assuming I'm not even going to get a proper interview for the original job, which is disappointing.

Agreed re. recruiters. If you know the company the job is actually for (always try to get this information when "interviewing" at recruiters), and you can track down the relevant person, it can't hurt to try and send them your details directly. Some places advertise themselves and with recruiters at the same time.

Personally I can't fucking stand the way they work so I never apply through them.

Picked up the Lumia games.

Was Absolution any good? It doesn't look that bad in the trailer, and I might as well pick it up for that price. But I don't want to buy it then regret it. :|

Did you like Blood Money? Would you like to play a sequel to that game? Or would you like to play a SC Conviction type refurbishment?

Get the Hitman HD trilogy instead (for PS360) if you don't own them on PC already.

I went for an interview last week. The job as advertised on Seek was pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Good salary and a step up in terms of the work I'd be doing. The interview went really well, the guy said I presented really well and was basically a perfect candidate in terms of what they were looking for.

Rings me today, asks if he can send through the outline of another job at the same company. This one is nothing like the other one, and is only a 6 month contract. I'm not going to give up my permanent job for a 6 month contract.

So I reply back to the email and say "So does this mean the previous job has been filled or is it still open?" He replies back with some completely vague response, so now I have no idea what's going on. I'm just assuming I'm not even going to get a proper interview for the original job, which is disappointing.

Agreed re. recruiters. If you know the company the job is actually for (always try to get this information when "interviewing" at recruiters), and you can track down the relevant person, it can't hurt to try and send them your details directly. Some places advertise themselves and with recruiters at the same time.

Personally I can't fucking stand the way they work so I never apply through them.

Yeah I dont find recruiting to be a terribly honourable profession.

Also; Cheer, Cheer the Red & The White!

I have yet to meet a recruiter or HR person who I didn't end up really really having very good reasons to despise. I have known a few. It seems to be a profession that attracts useless douchebags.

Shaneus

Everyone should get on it. However, I'll be too busy looking down upon thee with contempt from my VIP seats.

But yeah, everyone should go.

Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed, is a really good game and the best cart racer I have played in years, Nintendo could learn a few things from it (hopefully they do).
I mentioned it in the PC OT, but it's obvious Sumo learned a shitload about kart-style games when porting Outrun 2 to the Xbox. The simplified control scheme just works and is a godsend.

Deeku

heh a few friends tried convincing me to jump to recruiting. i mean, executive recruiting can get pretty lucrative, but the work itself seems so uninteresting.

Such a pointless job, any half wit can read a resume. I was stuffed around a year or two back by 2 separate agencies, and after that have never bothered with one again.

Always apply directly if possible.

Frawdder

Do the F1's even run on Thursday? Practice session? Or is that all Friday onwards?
Nope, no F1 action on Thursday, practice starts on Friday.

Everyone should get on it. However, I'll be too busy looking down upon thee with contempt from my VIP seats.
Have you got your tickets yet? I still haven't been sent mine and I'm getting a little concerned being 6 weeks out. Think I might send them an email if they don't arrive this week.

PS. Sonic Transformed was well worth the wait on PC. Looks gorgeous, 60fps without a hitch (though it doesn't like Crossfire... it runs better with 1 GPU than 3. Go figure) and is fun as hell. Oh, and those fucking A Class races are HARD. At least, they are now... I assume levelling up cars will make them easier.
You should buy it so we can beast around in our respective cars (dibs on Football Manager).
I still have the 360 version to put some time into!

I'll pick up the PC version on the cheap later, it really is the best kart game I've played since CTR.

I probably haven't played Hitman since the original.
Try a demo then. It looks pretty amazing. If you are interested in a funnish romp through yummy looking textures I would give it a purchase. Again, enjoying SC Conviction is a sign that it will be worth playing for you.

Everyone should point their radios or web zone audio receivers to Triple J at 8 tonight because it's a Regina Spektor set on Live at the Wireless and Regina Spektor is amazing.
Yup, hope I can just grab a download at some point.

This is the song we had for our wedding dance.

I guess a better label for her (and stuff like Amanda Palmer) would be alt-indie.

Yup, I was lucky that the recruiting company for my current job are owned by the company I now work for!

Everyone who uses XBMC and has an Android device should check out Yatse (just search the Play store). It's a way better and more configurable remote than the official one.

The only thing it can't do the official one can is wake the XBMC device over LAN.

There was an impressive amount of pee on my office chair when I got home this afternoon. Hard to be cross when I am too busy amazed by how big his bladder must be!

Also here is some unauthorised copyright usage at the local faire.

Also last weekend my best mate was down so we took the little guy out on the lake in some boats, loved it. Wouldn't let anyone else drive.

senahorse

Pro tip to self: Never ever ever EVER read an Andrew Bolt article again, ESPECIALLY the comments section, my mind is now full of fuck...

Shaneus

Do the F1's even run on Thursday? Practice session? Or is that all Friday onwards?
From memory, I think it's practice... but it's worth it just for the whole F1 circus anyway. Was the perfect day for my brother and I to just get our orientation of Albert Park and where everything was. That way, for the next few days we knew exactly where to go for certain things and how long it'd take.

Have you got your tickets yet? I still haven't been sent mine and I'm getting a little concerned being 6 weeks out. Think I might send them an email if they don't arrive this week.
I'd get in touch with them now. We got Prost VIP tickets with Gold Advantage (which just means we ordered them within the appropriate window) and the date on the package is 16/11 last year. I don't know if they send the different levels out at different times, but I'd definitely chase them up.

Yagharek

Pro tip to self: Never ever ever EVER read an Andrew Bolt article again, ESPECIALLY the comments section, my mind is now full of fuck...

Just pretend they're writing from the ward. Makes it much more amusing. Even works for the author too.

Yagharek

I think Ive only come across Bolt's articles a couple of times, literally single digits, and that was only because I wanted to read his private echo chamber when he got done for his racist comments a year or two back.

The simplest way I can describe what I think he does is this: arguing from a position of ignorance.
I'm not going to bother researching his views, however. I value my sanity.

I love having a cat. I can swear at him even when he is only 3 months old!

YOU KNOCKED YOUR FOOD ON THE FLOOR EAT THE DAMN STUFF IM NOT YOUR DAMN BUTLER

Shaneus

DIE HARD TOO IS THE BEST DIE HARD

SO CORNY YET SO MUCH CHEESE

SOO SOO FUN
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. I only saw 2 once and never really enjoyed it. Probably hurt it's chances that I'd first seen the first one a bazillion times before I saw the third one a billion times. Following the law of odds, 5 should be fucking killer.

Also last weekend my best mate was down so we took the little guy out on the lake in some boats, loved it. Wouldn't let anyone else drive.
DeathJr is your best friend?!?

PS. No-one told me not to buy Absolution. So I guess I'm buying it.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. I only saw 2 once and never really enjoyed it. Probably hurt it's chances that I'd first seen the first one a bazillion times before I saw the third one a billion times. Following the law of odds, 5 should be fucking killer.

PS. No-one told me not to buy Absolution. So I guess I'm buying it.

Love it. It knew it couldn't match up to the action movie epic perfection of Die Hard so just went, "Lets put McClane in an airport with terrorists and only an hour to save his wife. THIS IS THE FUCKING 80'S
"OH SHIT WE ARE PUSHING IT TO 1990? I THOUGHT CHRISTMAS EVE 1989? FIRE THOSE FUCKS IN THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT! MISSED OPPORTUNITY THAT!"
SO I WANT 19 TRILLION ROUNDS OF AMMO AND 75 EXPLOSIONS. AND A CHURCH GETTING FUCKED UP. AND EXPLOSIONS, DID I ALREADY SAY EXPLOSIONS?"

Also I said if you like SC Conviction you might like Hitman Absolution!

Bernbaum

The South Australian dairy item and symbol of state pride 'Farmers Union Iced Coffee' is becoming increasingly more available at grocery stores across Brisbane.

Adelaideans can no longer claim exclusivity over the superior flavored milk product.

Obama's America.

Rezbit

The South Australian dairy item and symbol of state pride 'Farmers Union Iced Coffee' is becoming increasingly more available at grocery stores across Brisbane.

Adelaideans can no longer claim exclusivity over the superior flavored milk product.

Obama's America.

I'm pretty sick of the ad, but whenever the guy with the car dashboard around his waist comes on and says "I made this carton holder with some cardboard and glue" I just lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom