• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Rayman going to other platforms doesn't bother me, I'm all for as many people as possible being able to play what looks like a quality game. Pushing the Wii U version back half a year so close to release, unless they're reworking or adding content, is a dick move.

Precisely. It's as bad as all the 'test' games that came with empty promises last gen.

Surely they're using the time to strip the touch controls out of the game. I can't see the WiiU version still having that and the other versions not.

Maybe?

Yagharek

Surely they're using the time to strip the touch controls out of the game. I can't see the WiiU version still having that and the other versions not.

Maybe?

Probably. Then they will cancel the Wii U version because sales of the classic controller pro are too low.

Axiom

As I sit on the train heading to a first date, I feel silly being 30 and still getting anxious and nervous every damn time.

Though if it doesn't go well I'll be consoling myself by treating myself to comic books, so I can't pretend to be too grown up.

jambo

As I sit on the train heading to a first date, I feel silly being 30 and still getting anxious and nervous every damn time.

Though if it doesn't go well I'll be consoling myself by treating myself to comic books, so I can't pretend to be too grown up.

Just try not to think about your hair being goofy, or having something on your face, or your clothes being wrong or messy or if your eyebrow hairs are sticking up, etc

=p

Jintor

tumblr_inline_mhver4umj31qz4rgp.jpg

It was a tactical retreat FFS!

We left behind sticks of dynamite dressed up as sexy female Emu's on a timer to detonate at dawn!

Emu steaks were had by all.

The End.

Your right to feel nervous he/she could be a axe wielding psycho.

heres hoping you get some, instead of getting a comic afterwards.

I think the only surprising thing about the rayman news is the WiiU version getting pushed back when it was so close to it's release date, which was only like 2-3 weeks away. I think it was always likely to be multi in the end.

Origins was on every platform and never did that well on any of them but when you look at it as a whole it probably did alright, like how Sonic Racing Transformed isn't lighting up the charts anywhere but they've already shipped near a million to retail.

Yagharek

It means you should take any third party platform exclusive announcement with a grain of salt.

Well obviously, but Ubisoft were the one company who actually put some decent third party exclusive games on Wii, so they had a bit more credibility than anyone else.

Still, yet more evidence that third parties want nothing to do with Nintendo. For example, MS apparently have a clause that they wont allow games on their system that aren't day and date with other system's versions. Publishers adhere to that. If Nintendo did a similar thing, they would get no port at all.

I don't know why publishers are so reluctant to support them even with something approaching parity. They had GC which was in between ps2/xbox power, and it got shafted. They made Wii which had double the userbase and got nothing, now Wii U is on par with at least current consoles (whether it can accept scaled down next gen games is unknown for now) and it gets scraps.

Surely it cannot still be a leftover from their licensing requirements of 5 generations ago?

jambo

So this sucks for AusGAF QLDers

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/02/go...on-of-the-game-being-removed-from-qld-stores/

One day R18+ games will be classified in Australia and won’t be newsworthy, but today is not that day. We’ve just gotten word that God of War: Ascension has been classified R18+ and, given Queensland’s issues with passing the correct legislation, retailers have been advised that they cannot sell the game in that state.

“As Queensland has not passed legislation for the R18 rating for games we must remove all reference to God of War Ascension immediately,” stated an internal message sent at one major retailer. “This includes all game slicks, posters, pamphlets, hand written signage, 2-way units and pre order signage.”

When QLD missed the deadline to pass its own R18+ legislation, I wondered specifically what affect that would have at retail. This is an interesting look at precisely what has to occur.

Queensland Parliament is set to discuss R18+ in the middle of February when Parliament reconvenes.

Whoops

hamchan

The last time I bought a console for exclusives was the 360, which had a crapload of JRPGs the PS3 didn't have.

Lost Odyssey
Tales of Vesperia
Star Ocean 4
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Infinite Undiscovery
Last Remnant

and besides the first two they all turned out SHIT.

Kritz

Banned
Fuck 'em....if and when this news is confirmed; I am going to do 2 things:

1) Refuse to ever buy it (my PC rig will get the cash instead of consoles)

2) I will pirate the shit out of every single XB360 I own - I have 5 consoles in my home now, and they will ALL get chipped and flashed and made ready to run copies and non-official code - and I will also pirate every game from my back log - I'll snap the discs that haven't yet been played but that I own in half and download illegal copies of them just because I can, and any game that I MIGHT have been tempted to buy in the console transition years will strictly come from the black market as well.

These money grubbing control freaks can suck my balls if they think for one minute that I have any intention of supporting ANY product that tells ME how I can CHOOSE to use it or place draconian restrictions on me as part of the deal for using said product. Its time these fuckers wake up and realize that the only thing that gives any of their product value is the desire of people to experience it. Start dictating how that can happen in such ham-fisted ways and its game over, pun intended.

I dare them to be this stupid.

I love next gen hype.

Yagharek

Actually, the dumbest thing about Rayman Legends being delayed is that it will now be seen as yet another shitty 'test'.

Here's what else is due out in September:
GTAV
Wind Waker HD
Pokemon X/Y
Splinter Cell Blacklist (late August)

And possibly a number of other games that scramble to miss the PS4/XB3 release assuming they are around November.

Instead of being a game that would help drive Wii U sales, it will be sent to die on multiple platforms, ignored for bigger games, and then be seen as an excuse to cut back support.

The game is apparently finished, why they need to delay it is baffling.

Omikron

You bloody trolls.

I dunno, I remember getting fired up plenty of times in the past re delayed releases because of some such reason related to platform, or exclusive deal, or whatever. It is what software companies do and it is their right to do it. It is their product after all.

jambo

I dunno, I remember getting fired up plenty of times in the past re delayed releases because of some such reason related to platform, or exclusive deal, or whatever. It is what software companies do and it is their right to do it. It is their product after all.

Are you a consumer or a company though? =P

Rezbit

Huh?

The developer/publisher has every right to pick and chose when they release a product.

Doesn't mean consumers can't complain about it and say its shitty. If I was a wii u owner I'd probably think twice about giving them my cash after a game is ready to release and they delayed it by 6 months.

jambo

Huh?

The developer/publisher has every right to pick and chose when they release a product.

I don't get why you're so fixated on what companies have the right to do. Just because they have the right, doesn't mean they should do it.

It sucks for gamers and Wii U owners, instead of getting an awesome new exclusive in the next few weeks they have to wait. And 9 months is a big delay for a game that seems to be completely finished.

Plus the devs were putting in crazy hours, not seeing their families and such, just so they could reach the early 2013 deadline, then Ubi turn around and say "lol, we're gonna wait until September now."

I don't get why you're so fixated on what companies have the right to do. Just because they have the right, doesn't mean they should do it.
Because it's their business and they can do whatever the hell they like with it? They don't owe consumers anything, other than what the law says they owe. And delivering a game in the time they originally said before they changed their mind isn't one of those things.

I think a better reason is that they've done so well in their 2013 financial year (with Assassin's Creed 3 selling over 11m copies, and Far Cry 3 seemingly doing well) that they may have decided to delay it into the 2014 financial year in order to ensure they appease shareholders. That or the game needs a shitload more polish, in which case everyone should be thanking them. Least the developers aren't out of a job...

It sucks for consumers and the developers who worked hard, but they don't owe anything.

Kritz

Banned
Doesn't mean consumers can't complain about it and say its shitty. If I was a wii u owner I'd probably think twice about giving them my cash after a game is ready to release and they delayed it by 6 months.

yeah but if you were a wii u owner you're probably used to waiting by now

Yagharek

Earlier this week omi said it was poor form to remove functionality when discussing ps3 virtual keyboards.

Today it's perfectly fine for publishers to delay a finished game for no other reason than to appease the other console manufacturers.

One would almost suggest a bit of a double standard here, where it's apparently ok to shaft some consumers on major things, but not others on trivial things.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The last time I bought a console for exclusives was the 360, which had a crapload of JRPGs the PS3 didn't have.

Lost Odyssey
Tales of Vesperia
Star Ocean 4
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Infinite Undiscovery
Last Remnant

and besides the first two they all turned out SHIT.

Blue Dragon and The Last Remnant were both good.:p

Better than Lost Odysey imo. Which was more like a Lost Opportunity.

Kritz

Banned
You'll find people only care about being fucked up the ass when it happens to them.

And I'm going to speculate and say the percentage of nintendo bias in AusGAF is significantly lower than PS3/360 bias, which is significantly less than PC bias.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY'RE DELAYING GTA5 PC FUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom