• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spent the last hour typing a response to tons of posts. Pressed something on my keyboard that refreshed the page. Lost all the responses midway through typing about Rayman

>_<

Congrats VKS!

Also Discworld is great, try and grab Going Postal, Making Money and The Truth.

Also Nintendo need to go to publishers and show them that doing a WiiU version will cost fuck all and will be profitable.
Or they need to help them, like SSM does for Sony.

Also MKR Indian/Bangladesh people are bitches but they money. Why the fuck would they work at a call centre? Also since when is the Telstra one not run by anglosaxons? I think they only outsourced it recently, not long enough for it to become a stereotype. Stop making fun of people for the colour of their fucking skin.

Also that bus thing was fucking disgusting.

Also Rayman is delayed because a producer on that team at Ubi saw their career flash before their eyes when they realised they would sell 5 fucking copies on the WiiU so they had the idea to put it on all 3 consoles and have one marketing campaign rather than double that budget blackhole and end up confusing customers when the 360/PS3 copies hit shelves right next to the WiiU SKU which is on "please for the love of fuck, someone buy a WiiU game!" clearance.
If they were going to make more money releasing now, they would do that.

Also the employees get paid regardless of if the game is released! It is an internal studio. It is shit they had to crunch, just like it is shit they had to crunch on Origins. And it is shit they will have to crunch on the title they do after Legends. Paraphrasing the leaking employee, "this industry is shit (to work in)".

ALSO WHY FFS DID WE FUCK UP THE CRICKET

WHY THE FUCK DID WE ONLY PLAY 25 FUCKING OVERS

AND WHY THE FUCK DID I LOSE ALL MY WRITING BEFORE >_<

SERIOUSLY, 6/70 AFTER 25 OVERS

THEY WERE GOING AT 2.8 RUNS AN OVER! WE HAD MOST OF THEIR TEAM OUT! WE HAD THEIR BEST BATSMEN OUT!

AND THEN THEY GO AT 6 RUNS AN OVER FOR THE NEXT HALF OF THE MATCH!

WTF!

220 IN THE END! AFTER HAVING 70 AT THE HALF WAY MARK!

WTF!

Dead Man

SERIOUSLY, 6/70 AFTER 25 OVERS

THEY WERE GOING AT 2.8 RUNS AN OVER! WE HAD MOST OF THEIR TEAM OUT! WE HAD THEIR BEST BATSMEN OUT!

AND THEN THEY GO AT 6 RUNS AN OVER FOR THE NEXT HALF OF THE MATCH!

WTF!

220 IN THE END! AFTER HAVING 70 AT THE HALF WAY MARK!

WTF!

Michael Clarke, greatest captain ever.

Kritz

Banned
In other news, I looked outside my window

bCNNXOkl.jpg

Those aren't clouds.

http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/Show?pageId=colCurrentBushfires
Fire Ban map
Google Maps
Code:
Alert Level 	More Info 	Rgn 	Location 	First Reported 	Last Updated 	Type 	   Status 	Vehicles
Watch and Act 	Map Info 	S 	MOLESWORTH 	06-Feb 13:19 	08-Feb 20:14 	VEGETATION Going 	49

Turn's out shit's on fire.

You know, one of these days I should really work out what things I'd want to take from my house if I ever needed to.

markot

Banned
My electricity is out.

Thanks Obama!

Vodafone is gonna be dead soon at this rate... But honestly I've had a better service with them than with Optus. .. But I am thinking of going Telstra...

We tried our hand at a podcast/video thingo. If anybody has the time, please check it out and give some feedback! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lM64UyiVyE

Some voices are at different volume/quality levels than others. Little weird, mainly because you guys aren't in the same room.

Get in the same room!

Also does DS3 looks worse than Dead Space 3? Looks pretty bland.

Group review podcast video is pretty cool format though! I would watch it. Kinda feels a bit like Half in the Bag but for video games! And I love HitB.

Kritz

Banned
Kritz: I hope everything is okay.

Eh, not too worried. It'd take a fair bit to penetrate the Hobart area with fire. There's a few towns to buffer mine in either case.

I really should one day work out what kind of stuff you take with you when in danger, though. Hard drives? The Fable trilogy? My halo 3 cat helmet? My non-halo branded cats? It's like going to a shopping mall in one of those competitions where you get 5 minutes to put as much in your trolly as possible. Except instead of ipads you take photos, instead of TVs you take pets, and instead of computers you take your computer or die with it in your hands.

I think sitting on my ass doing nothing but playing games would actually be nice.
In similar situations of, um, "encouraged" holidays (I prefer to bank them) if I don't accomplish something fairly significant I feel it's usually a waste.
Same. This past Christmas staycation I did virtually nothing, and it was nice, but it sure felt like a massive waste.

You should try to get away somewhere nice for a few days like some of the other guys suggested, but if not at least get a new mech keyboard or something so you sort of get something worthwhile out of it.

We could do some sort of MelGAF meet during that time if you want (and Holy if you're feeling up to that, whenever it is) to make sure you get out of the house!

Holy shit, my old cricket captain crashed a plane up near Ouyen!

Last time I talked to him was back when he was 16, he and his best mate took his dads ute for a joyride, ended up crashing off a road and killing his best friend!

Sorry to hear that.

It looks like we get to take Henry home tomorrow morning! Only took seven weeks.

That's great!

Just spent the last hour typing a response to tons of posts. Pressed something on my keyboard that refreshed the page. Lost all the responses midway through typing about Rayman

>_<

It's friday night! Forget about Gaf and spend time with your family.

We tried our hand at a podcast/video thingo. If anybody has the time, please check it out and give some feedback! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lM64UyiVyE

You sound like a girl.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Some voices are at different volume/quality levels than others. Little weird, mainly because you guys aren't in the same room.

Get in the same room!

Also does DS3 looks worse than Dead Space 3? Looks pretty bland.

Group review podcast video is pretty cool format though! I would watch it. Kinda feels a bit like Half in the Bag but for video games! And I love HitB.

Yeah, the room thing is comqing soon hopefully. We basically have no audio editor, so we're winging it. I'm cutting together the video/audio, but still learning the ropes. Thanks for the feedback. Really appreciate it.

You sound like a girl.

For the right price, I can be.

Gazunta

You know, that would almost perfectly pinpoint when I started to lose interest in Hyper. Also, I wonder if there's some correlation between that phenomenon and when the gaming journalism industry started to lose their way. Assuming they were getting paid to put up their marking material as the cover, I'm going to say... yes.

No magazine I've ever worked for has been paid to put a game on the cover. It is, however, about money - It usually comes down to what game they think will sell the most copies of the magazine.

But yeah, game magazines started to lose their appeal when they went without the in-house covers. Going from a reviewing team to a 'one person writes the whole review' format was also a big loss.

I think that was mainly laziness and pinching pennies more than anything else. Using assets they get given for free is a lot easier and cheaper than finding an artist to do something cool.

I agree that having your cover look just like every other one on the shelf is boring as fuck.

NAILED IT. Every editor I've spoken to about this in the last few years just laments that there is no money to pay for original art any more. :/

That shipping fee :(

Huh?

The developer/publisher has every right to pick and chose when they release a product.
Developers almost never have a say in the release date. If I did, would I have had two of my games come out the same day as a GTA and a Halo game?

Jintor

A) That XCOM art was provided by 2K Canberra, from memory
B) "Australain" is on the cover because nobody on the subbing-at-8PM-night-it-was-sent-to-the-printers caught it

Okay, no more WiiU stuff from me after this. In the UK they sold 34,000 copies of WiiU games (including pack in game Nintendoland). During the same time they sold 46,000 Vita games. Holy shit.

A) That XCOM art was provided by 2K Canberra, from memory

Whoever laid it out did a fantastic job, especially choosing that piece. Looks unique and draws your eye to it.

Dead Man

Hm..

While its disgusting what the ABC dude went through... 'my Rosa parks moment' is kinda silly.
Yeah, that was a bit over the top.
Seen bits of the movie, can't recall any of it.

Tim mathieson should really have watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1enmyAmpik&NR=1&feature=endscreen before that function he spoke at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpirW1Vbz1o

I think I must assume that everyone knows what a racoon is annd what the local slang for them is in the US. That is why coon is a derogatry word when used toward dark skinned people. When it is a coon skin hat, it is just a racoon skin hat. Same for a coon dog, it doesn't hunt balcks, it hunts racoons.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
We could do some sort of MelGAF meet during that time if you want (and Holy if you're feeling up to that, whenever it is) to make sure you get out of the house!
I'm up for one MelbGAF meet-up before uni starts. (which is the 11th of march). Plus my fridays are pretty clean as I'm in geelong from 9 to 3 and can just take a train to melbourne after I'm finished with the thing I'm in the middle of.

Shaneus

Wow, really? Overall, or just a specific title?

Either way... good for Sony. Get the feeling they need all the good news they can get with it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom