• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

So pending approval from the Ministry of Love, Ministry of Plenty and the Ministry of Truth I shall be getting a Wii U tomorrow.

I then plan to engage the Ministry of Peace in urban warfare on the zombie plagued streets of London seeing as a Wii U and Zombi U is $428.

Dead Man

I accidentally ordered 2 copies of Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson. I must have pressed "add to basket" twice and not noticed. I didn't even realise until they turned up in the post today.

Is anyone interested in a copy? It's not free like the last book I received by mistake, but it's under $10.
It's so good it's worth having two copies. Seriously, it might be my favourite book of all time.

About time too.

Danoss

It's so good it's worth having two copies. Seriously, it might be my favourite book of all time.

Damn, I might have to bump it up my to-read list.

I just finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I don't think it gets more dystopian than this. Had to stop the tears before they started rolling.

Yagharek

I don't know if boycotts work at all

source: there are 10 call of duty games

True but a boycott doesn't have to succeed. I just choose not to buy EA or Activision games since I rarely enjoy them. Instead I play good games. Better off overall.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Anyone in here play their PS3 all the time?

I'm curious what good games have come out in the past 18 months that I should actually get around to playing. I might attempt to order some off ozgameshop and hope they turn up during my 2 week break.

Infamous 2 is probably one I will end up grabbing, I did enjoy the original. I haven't paid any attention to the more exclusive titles since i've just played everything on PC.

I'm curious what good games have come out in the past 18 months that I should actually get around to playing. I might attempt to order some off ozgameshop and hope they turn up during my 2 week break.

Infamous 2 is probably one I will end up grabbing, I did enjoy the original. I haven't paid any attention to the more exclusive titles since i've just played everything on PC.

If you have a PS3 and have any intention of grabbing a Vita in the future get yourself some PS+. Get Infamous 2 and a ton of other games for free, along with Lumines and Wipeout for Vita later this month. Sleeping Dogs is currently free too.

EDIT: To answer your question though, I dunno :/

Also keep in mind Beat The Bomb to see if their prices are comparable to OGS as they only take a few days to arrive.

If you've got people to play with, Playstation All Stars is a blast. Otherwise, Ni No Kuni is worth a shot if you like JRPGs.

hamchan

I do but I don't play what people consider good games. Somehow I got addicted to Dynasty Warriors again and now I'm playing through 7, the One Piece spin-off and Warriors Orochi 3.

Also got the crappy PS3 version of Bayonetta since I can't play the 360 version.

I can't really think of many good exclusives over the past year for PS3. Seems like they're coming this year with God of War and Last of Us.

I do but I don't play what people consider good games. Somehow I got addicted to Dynasty Warriors again and now I'm playing through 7, the One Piece spin-off and Warriors Orochi 3.

Also got the crappy PS3 version of Bayonetta since I can't play the 360 version.

I can't really think of many good exclusives over the past year for PS3. Seems like they're coming this year with God of War and Last of Us.

Can I add one more to that Hamchan? Go find a copy of Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3. Stupid amounts of fun that game is.

Danoss

Damn you fogz! :)
Think I'll order a copy of Cryptonomicon myself anyway, definitely sounds interesting.

Yeah, he was bloody quick! If you don't already shop at Book Depository, you can buy it here like I did, or here if you prefer the larger trade paperback over the mass market one.

Tonight I'm making some creamed rice. Even just the taste of milk and cream that has been simmering with a vanilla bean tastes amazing.

Yeah, he was bloody quick! If you don't already shop at Book Depository, you can buy it here like I did, or here if you prefer the larger trade paperback over the mass market one.

I do. :)
Always try and check booko too just in case someone happens to beat thebookdepository's price but that's rare. Think I'll go for the same as you, cheaper and smaller sounds good.

Get two and send me one

Free postage on bookdepository, get it yourself!

Danoss

Always try and check booko too just in case someone happens to beat thebookdepository's price but that's rare. Think I'll go for the same as you, cheaper and smaller sounds good.

Book Depository was the cheapest so often, I don't even check Booko anymore. I like the bookmarks that they throw in with your order sometimes, I have a stack of 40+ now.

I like the slightly larger ones myself, but didn't know you could check until recently. Under 'Bibliographic Data', the dimensions are all there, which is quite nifty when there are more than one. Thought I might let you know in case you weren't aware.

I like the slightly larger ones myself, but didn't know you could check until recently. Under 'Bibliographic Data', the dimensions are all there, which is quite nifty when there are more than one. Thought I might let you know in case you weren't aware.

Was looking for the dimensions but couldn't find them. Great that you did mention it, cheers!

Danoss

Book Depository was the cheapest so often that I don't even check Booko anymore. I like the bookmarks that they throw in with your order sometimes, I have a stack of 40+ now.

I like the slightly larger books myself, but didn't know you could check until recently. Under 'Bibliographic Data', the dimensions are all there, which is quite nifty when there are more than one. Thought I might let you know in case you weren't aware.

Dead Man

Damn, I might have to bump it up my to-read list.

I just finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I don't think it gets more dystopian than this. Had to stop the tears before they started rolling.
God, the decisions about how many bullets he had left and his reasoning broke me. That fucking book is amazing, but I don't think I will ever read it again.

As for Cryptonomicon, it is a nerds paradise, and an amazing setup for the Baroque Cycle if you enjoy Cryptonomicon.

This man may be dead, but he had quality opinions.

Lt Root approves this post.

Danoss

God, the decisions about how many bullets he had left and his reasoning broke me. That fucking book is amazing, but I don't think I will ever read it again.

As for Cryptonomicon, it is a nerds paradise, and an amazing setup for the Baroque Cycle if you enjoy Cryptonomicon.

The conversation they had about the gun after
they came racing out of the house with the people locked in the basement as food
was messed up. No words, man. Definitely not a novel to read again. For one thing, the deliberate removal of certain punctuation was irritating, if you lost track at any point in a long conversation, start all over again. For another, it's just so depressing and once it has made its point, there's not much else to be had.

How did you find the first in the series, Quicksilver? What I've been told is that it is not much fun to work through, but the rest the series is excellent if you do.

This 4 corners report on middle class homelessness in America is heartbreaking. As hard as living on the dole would be thank god it exists.

I've started playing AC3. Having never played any ACs before, I'm enjoying it. Connor is pretty dull, which is a shame, but the fighting is fun, tree running is rad and who doesn't love fighting with a tomahawk? Why did everyone hate it? Was AC2 legitimately awesome and this just a step back?

This 4 corners report on middle class homelessness in America is heartbreaking. As hard as living on the dole would be thank god it exists.

I've started playing AC3. Having never played any ACs before, I'm enjoying it. Connor is pretty dull, which is a shame, but the fighting is fun, tree running is rad and who doesn't love fighting with a tomahawk? Why did everyone hate it? Was AC2 legitimately awesome and this just a step back?

Yes.

AC3 has fantastic hunting. And tree running. And it looks pretty great out in the wilderness.

Ningo

Yes.

AC3 has fantastic hunting. And tree running. And it looks pretty great out in the wilderness.

My DOG man! the ship battles!

Currently playing through it myself for the first time. I played half of assassins creed 2 but never got back to it due to annoying pop in on my pc, seems to be resolved for 3.

Love the combat and countering with all the different tools.

Rope dart is satisfying.

Bugs a plenty though. Corpses continually spotting me and yelling that they'll kill me etc

fisheyes

kZaLhqw.jpg

Hey AusGAF! Do you like football?

Token plug for the AFL 2013 OT, since there's been just a little bit to discuss this past week.

EDIT: ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff I spent $5 on that a month ago! :(

Awwwwww, the Acer C7 Chromebook would be perfect for the wife at $200 but I can't see any way of getting one here. Even the UK one from Amazon is 200 pounds, not dollars :(

Omikron

The worst thing about the 'new' PC FF7 is the cloud saving. If it doesn't sync, you can't save (or load), you gotta wait for it to time out so you can even attempt to save again. Horrid.

I had 50 odd PS3 titles, sold 2 dozen on gumtree and in the process of selling many more. If you want to borrow some games, let me know...

Dead Man

The conversation they had about the gun after
they came racing out of the house with the people locked in the basement as food
was messed up. No words, man. Definitely not a novel to read again. For one thing, the deliberate removal of certain punctuation was irritating, if you lost track at any point in a long conversation, start all over again. For another, it's just so depressing and once it has made its point, there's not much else to be had.

How did you find the first in the series, Quicksilver? What I've been told is that it is not much fun to work through, but the rest the series is excellent if you do.

I actually enjoyed it the most. The first couple chapters are heavy going, you just get dumped into the middle of the story, but after that I loved it. I thought the last book was the weakest, but that may be because I had a big gap between the second and third ones, so maybe I just lost track a bit. I have the giant trade size books and they are just no fun to read, I need to grab the smaller ones so I can give it a proper read through again.

Deeku

someone bought me quicksilver, i probably read like 60 pages before giving up...book is denssssse, or more likely i am!

I use my PS3 every day*.

You can probably get FFXIII-2 for cheap. It apparently has FFXIII's battle system and pretends to have a great story, but since it's a quick cash-in sequel, you don't feel obliged to care about it.

Um... There's 3D Dot Game Heroes I guess, but that game is old by now. Also Okami HD.

I should get around to finishing Bayonetta and starting Dragon Age Origins some time. I've got enough time for one console game at a time, and currently, that's Xenoblade. I forged some gems today and saw a Heart to Heart before the little guy started crying because he had a fever and I had to stop (side effect from vaccinations).

He's doing much better now. I'll get to DA:O in about 2014.

* For its media functions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom