• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would jump for joy at the System Shock 2 news if any of my stomach muscles were capable of being told what to do after todays gymnastics.

Second best thread on GAF. >_>

OKAY LET'S SETTLE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL
Homer's Enemy - great episode or terrible episode? THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND.

I love dark humour, I love bitter endings, and I loved watching the Simpson's greatest straight man break inside.

I jumps from fantastic to :/ several times. Homer is just delightful. Some of the Grimes stuff was stupid and inane but for the most part it was really enjoyable, mostly because Homer seemed in his element while still trying to be a good guy.

Still a god tier episode.

Also the Bart subplot with the factory is shit eating grin stuff.

Now I have a tear in my eye, lusting after the golden unicorn that no longer shits out 5/5 quality Simpsons episodes :(

I thought the divisive Simpsons episode was The Principal and the Pauper.

It was good you fucks! It actually had a fucking message to it! Oh no, just decry it for fucking with your head, lets just do non-sequiturs for the next 15 years instead then! Fucking ingrates.

Kritz

Banned
I thought the divisive Simpsons episode was The Principal and the Pauper.

what
nobody likes that episode

although it did have one good gag:

Armin: And I'm not Seymour. My name is Armin. This is Armin's apartment,
Armin's liquor, Armin's copy of "Swank", Armin's frozen peas.
Homer: Can I see your copy of "Swank", Armin?
Armin: Yes, you can.

I love dark humour, I love bitter endings, and I loved watching the Simpson's greatest straight man break inside.
great if for nothing else it set up the episode where someone tried to kill homer

Kritz

Banned
great if for nothing else it set up the episode where someone tried to kill homer

I was gonna slag you for liking an episode from season 14, but then I remembered one of my favourite Simpsons episodes was from season 9. City of New York vs. Homer Simpson. that or Homer Bad Man was the first Simpsons episode I ever remember watching.

and the VCR recording of Homer Bad Man I had cut out right when the bicycle guy kicks homer in the face. :(

This Valve stuff is going to be interesting

Popcorn_decepticon.gif

Jimmy_bieber_Popcorn_cu-thumb-350x197-14878.gif

tumblr_lols30rUm71qeiwtao1_500.gif

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fuck the thunder and lightning going on around my area, crazy.

Tempted to turn off my server before I head to work lol.

Just looks like your standard review and clean out?

Some of the posts in the thread are fucking hilarious.

No way man, this is the end. Valve getting bought out by Gameloft (cause all they do is steal games anyway amiright!) PC gaming is redead find your nearest evacuation shelter and wait for further information.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Well the power went out 3 mins after I turned my server off. Power is still out right now.

30min delays on my train line, wondering if its even worth going in today. Probably just as bad in the city.

what
nobody likes that episode
What's wrong with that episode?

I'm back from Japan. Man, that country is so good. The people are heaps nice and the woman are something else. Dem legs.
Lucky basterd.
Did you eat any sushi?

These Pikmin are slow.
IS THERE A PIKMIN 3 DEMO?!?

I was gonna slag you for liking an episode from season 14, but then I remembered one of my favourite Simpsons episodes was from season 9. City of New York vs. Homer Simpson. that or Homer Bad Man was the first Simpsons episode I ever remember watching.
Season 9 still had plenty of great episodes, mainly because they were hold overs from Season 8!

fuck you guys simpsons is still great
lol nope.

Although the episode that was on Channel 10 on Monday or Tuesday was genuinely great with plenty of laughs and didn't take the stupid shit too far. I was shocked!

Just looks like your standard review and clean out?

Yup, Gabe has been saying for the last 12 months that they haven't been as aggresive with their firings as they should have been.

EDIT: Actually on closer reading it seems more like people moving on who had been with the company for ages. Which happens with every company, Irrational & Epic recently had the same thing happen. Zynga too, most of the old Big Huge Games guys moved on, again.

Link to full video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z2qVebxlUo&feature=youtu.be

This is one of the most shameful things I've seen in a long time. I actually feel bad for Sega in this because they were dumb enough to get strung along for 6 years giving money to Gearbox.

Yeah I won't have any of my money go to Gearbox from now on. This was a straight up scam, doing Aliens CM on the cheap and tricking people into thinking it was better than it was going to be while focusing their attention on Borderlands 2 instead.

Glad they never got to shit up the Heat IP now.

Shaneus

It's horrible. In fact, it's worse than horrible.

PS. I've never played System Shock 2. Am I a bad person?

Dat Yoshi troll

it is valentine's day today. I thought it was tomorrow. I suck at being a husband.
Bought some random tea set from Ishka to use as latte glasses and a shawl.

Wife hadn't planned on buying me anything so I said my present can be money not coming out of my bank account lol

Also gastro/food poisoning for most of this week so we don't feel too romantic anyway :(

PS. I've never played System Shock 2. Am I a bad person?

If you don't buy it, take tomorrow off work to play it, you will be.

Last valentine's day I tried to order roses over the internet. It didn't work. I got in trouble. We then broke up. Awesome times.

30 minutes until tool tickets are on sale.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

anyone in melb coming along? can get u tickets!

Wait what? Since when. Fuck $130? Maaaaaan. I've seen them like four times before so I might give it a miss until they have a new album, but how the hell did I miss that?

jambo

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/13/who-made-aliens-heres-what-we-sorta-know/

Pretty interesting article pulling together a lot of the information about the development of Aliens CM by RPS. Sounds like they outsourced and then didn't realise how bad it was until it was too late.

Have you been married long?

I've been in 3 long-term relationships, including the current one.

My parents have been married for 30 years and my father has never done anything for valentines day. He does big stuff for anniversary and birthdays, i.e. stuff that actually matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom