• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Selling Games in Australia for 2012

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. Halo 4
  4. FIFA 13
  5. Skylanders Giants
  6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  7. Diablo III
  8. Borderlands 2
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  10. Skylanders Spyros Adventure
0/10.

That's the number of games I played on that list, the score that I give to the buying public for their purchasing decisions, the likely number of differences that will exist on the 2013 Best Sellers list and, finally, the number of shits that Activision, EA, UbiSoft and Bethesda give about my opinion.

hamchan

Since we're all doing lists.

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II Played it, liked the single player. Played MP for 10 hours and then quit because of terrible lag compensation.
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. Halo 4
  4. FIFA 13 Nope, but I've been playing last years game on Vita and loving it. Since they're essentially the same game I guess that counts.
  5. Skylanders Giants
  6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Played it last year, good conclusion to storyline, MP wise worst maps in the series and terrible spawns.
  7. Diablo III Loved it until Inferno and then hated it
  8. Borderlands 2 Great game but apparently it's all Gearbox can make well
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Loved it. Will jump back in for Dawnguard and Dragonborn.
  10. Skylanders Spyros Adventure

Frawdder

Only played Diablo III, Borderlands 2 and Skyrim from that list.

Diablo III was boring and the other two I just lost interest in after a while.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II: Play zombies mode online regularly. Zombies is the only reason to buy Black Ops.
Assassin's Creed III: Still lying in shrink wrap. I'll play it eventually.
Halo 4: Gave my 360 away, would have tried it otherwise.
FIFA 13:
Skylanders Giants
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Played the campaign, crap.
Diablo III: Super pissed at Blizzard for fucking it up. Still played 100's of hours.
Borderlands 2: Loved it, one of the best in 2012.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: GOTY 2011
Skylanders Spyros Adventure

Ningo

Good times. Do you have to redact anything?

Nope.

It's to do with security costs, the issue is security monitoring and guards/patrols are all costed to the one account and they only want the ones that relate to guards/patrols.

So I have to use the retarded shared services system which can only look up invoices by batch number and we don't get given the batch numbers.

The system only searches by the exact batch number you enter eg 12345-12348 it won't bring up any results if your invoice falls within a batch range, so if you search 123456 it won't come up, you have to search 1234 and then from the results choose the relevant batch.

The batch numbers are also not unique and so there a many copies to search through.

I only have the specific invoice numbers, but even then a fair amount of them are incorrect and appear to be random, so I need to look up the invoice number in another system.

Most frustrating, mundane shite ever.

They expected it in a couple of days, I've done only this for 4 days and am only nearly halfway through.

Only played Diablo III, Borderlands 2 and Skyrim from that list.

Diablo III was boring and the other two I just lost interest in after a while.

Exactly the same as me. I went back to Skyrim for a bit with some mods and enjoyed it again. Was actually meaning to get back into Borderlands 2 given that I never ended up finishing it, I stopped playing it once I had finished the zone which had
Mordecai sniping people and Tiny Tina blowing up a train
, but instead I read and played a tonne of DotA over the weekend. Might come back to the both of them. Diablo III was trash.

Yagharek

The Gearbox/Aliens Colonial Marines topics in Gaming right now are a really interesting study in how games reviewers treat certain games.

In 2011, a buggy, fundamentally broken piece of shit was released, and claimed countless GOTY awards. In 2013, a buggy, fundamentally broken piece of shit is released to sub-5/10 review scores.

The only difference is the developers. Bethesda or Gearbox.

I wonder which one has the games media by the proverbials.

Shaneus

I haven't played, let alone owned any of those games in either top 10. Feels good, man.

0/10.

That's the number of games I played on that list, the score that I give to the buying public for their purchasing decisions, the likely number of differences that will exist on the 2013 Best Sellers list and, finally, the number of shits that Activision, EA, UbiSoft and Bethesda give about my opinion.
Yeah, pretty much this.

What the fuck is that?!?

Omikron

The Gearbox/Aliens Colonial Marines topics in Gaming right now are a really interesting study in how games reviewers treat certain games.

In 2011, a buggy, fundamentally broken piece of shit was released, and claimed countless GOTY awards. In 2013, a buggy, fundamentally broken piece of shit is released to sub-5/10 review scores.

Opinions really are funny things aren't they.

I understand skyrim was fairly broken on ps3, but xbox and PC were fine from memory. And bugs don't discount it from being goty anyway IMO.

Yagharek

Opinions really are funny things aren't they.

I understand skyrim was fairly broken on ps3, but xbox and PC were fine from memory. And bugs don't discount it from being goty anyway IMO.

'IMO'? Does that mean that non-hostile xenomorphs walking right past you are ok because 'it's just a bug'? Because that's pretty much on par with intercontinental ballistic mammoths seen regularly in skyrim bug vids.

Just trying to find the baseline here.

Omikron

'IMO'? Does that mean that non-hostile xenomorphs walking right past you are ok because 'it's just a bug'? Because that's pretty much on par with intercontinental ballistic mammoths seen regularly in skyrim bug vids.

Just trying to find the baseline here.
Is the rest of the game fun? I dunno haven't played it.

I enjoyed skyrim though, sometimes because of the bugs, not despite them.

X-Com was buggier than Skyrim and it got GOTY's aswell. And deserved them.

If you are going to the Warrnambool Field Days, don't buy a chicken wrap.
It hasn't been a good day :/

Singleplayer Only
  1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II 3/5 - Quite fun but felt like some element was missing.
  2. Assassin's Creed III 3/5 - Hunting, tree running & graphically on PC it was great. The story, characters, missions, assassin gameplay was generally subpar.
  3. Halo 4
  4. FIFA 13
  5. Skylanders Giants
  6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 5/5 - Great fun, awesome fun, gunplay is great and rich and textured. I heard the MP wasn't great though.
  7. Diablo III
  8. Borderlands 2 3/5 - LOVE the world/art/story design. Found the gunplay to be limp and all razzle dazzle. The loot aspect was quite addictive but once my attention was broken by some other shiny game I could never grab myself back to this. Whoever came up with the lore and dialogue is awesome.
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim I still need to play this!
  10. Skylanders Spyros Adventure 4/5 - Pokemon for westerners. They were lucky to hold the niche for so long before some one else got in on the game (Disney).

I doubt reviewers even touched the PS3 version before it was released. Most multiplats that get sent out to reviewers are the PC or 360 version I get the impression.

Whereas Aliens was full of bugs on all three.

Also Elder Scrolls has a bit more scope than a 5 hour corridor shooter lol

Yagharek

I doubt reviewers even touched the PS3 version before it was released. Most multiplats that get sent out to reviewers are the PC or 360 version I get the impression.

Whereas Aliens was full of bugs on all three.

Also Elder Scrolls has a bit more scope than a 5 hour corridor shooter lol

Well that depends on your tolerance for glitches. I know I only lasted an hour each on fallout 3 and oblivion.

Kritz

Banned
Vince, which platform did you play Skyrim on. I think we need the context of if you played the janky version or if you played the PS3 version.

Yagharek

Oh, I skipped it entirely. Based on PS3 Fallout and 360 Oblivion, which were both proof enough for me they couldn't make a stable game.

I heard Skyrim was pretty fine on 360/PC. Not solid but better than usual Beth fair.

Well that depends on your tolerance for glitches. I know I only lasted an hour each on fallout 3 and oblivion.

Oblivion was fine for me on 360, even 1.0.

:)

Fallout 3 I owned 2 copies of the PC version before the 3rd finally clicked for me and let me actually get past game breaking bugs.

:(

I guess we differ on definitions of fundamentally broken.

Skyrim was "fundamentally broken" on one platform after a certain point, X-com was one of the buggiest games in recent memory on every platform it released on (except
pS3 of course ;P). Walking dead had game ruining save bugs and is another to get alot of GOTY's.

Your narrative of Journalists giving Bethesda a pass while picking on poor little Gearbox is what people are arguing about.

These other buggy games are actually good games, I will have to play Aliens to say one way or another but from what I have read it doesn't seem like it is doing anything remotely competently and is also buggy and broken on top of that.

The PS3 version didn't exhibit major problems until 50+ hours in. If Vince lasted an hour it wouldn't make any difference.

If he wants to deny himself enjoyable experiences because he can't tolerate minor faults that's his problem. I never encountered any game breaking bugs in 250 combined hours of Fallout, New Vegas and Skyrim and I found all the enjoyable.

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nah
  2. Assassin's Creed III nope
  3. Halo 4 Same old
  4. FIFA 13 Pretty sure I played FIFA 8 last year
  5. Skylanders Giants Nope
  6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Not even once
  7. Diablo III Torchlight 2
  8. Borderlands 2 A'ight
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Yes
  10. Skylanders Spyros Adventure wha

Punch-Drunk Love is a amazing movie though.
Adam Sandler didn't write, direct, produce or have anything else to do with the movie apart from read lines that were written for him and to follow the director's instructions. Most movies would not have even survived that, which speaks to its quality.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Adam Sandler didn't write, direct, produce or have anything else to do with the movie apart from read lines that were written for him and to follow the director's instructions. Most movies would not have even survived that, which speaks to its quality.
Ehh to be fair - part of what makes the film good is his performance.

Shaneus

I liked Wedding Singer. And he had a little bit more to do with that than Punch Drunk Love.

I also enjoyed Reign Over Me. Probably falls into the same category as PDL.

Ehh to be fair - part of what makes the film good is his performance.
I don't care for your "fair" - I am being indiscriminately internet unfair! I shall paint him with one broad brush and you shan't stop me!!! DO YOU HEAR ME?!?!?

I liked Wedding Singer. And he had a little bit more to do with that than Punch Drunk Love.

YOU CAN'T STOP ME EITHER!!!

Both your powers combined will not lessen my resolve!!

Psssst... I like a couple of his movies. Don't tell anyone, 'kay?

The PS3 version didn't exhibit major problems until 50+ hours in. If Vince lasted an hour it wouldn't make any difference.

If he wants to deny himself enjoyable experiences because he can't tolerate minor faults that's his problem. I never encountered any game breaking bugs in 250 combined hours of Fallout, New Vegas and Skyrim and I found all the enjoyable.

400+ hours of PS3 Skyrim. Played through bugs, glitches, freezes and crashes. Loved every bit of it.

Punch Drunk Love is the movie that he gave a top tier performance in though. He was good in Reign Over Me, but no better than hundreds of other actors about there.

PDL made me think he could be the next classic actor. Didn't happen sadly. He just enjoys;
  1. Yelling
  2. Making fun of people different than him
  3. and keeping his untalented hack friends in silk sheets

Shaneus

GUYS. Let me blow your mind:
TZmABbn.gif

Nope.

It's to do with security costs, the issue is security monitoring and guards/patrols are all costed to the one account and they only want the ones that relate to guards/patrols.

So I have to use the retarded shared services system which can only look up invoices by batch number and we don't get given the batch numbers.

The system only searches by the exact batch number you enter eg 12345-12348 it won't bring up any results if your invoice falls within a batch range, so if you search 123456 it won't come up, you have to search 1234 and then from the results choose the relevant batch.

The batch numbers are also not unique and so there a many copies to search through.

I only have the specific invoice numbers, but even then a fair amount of them are incorrect and appear to be random, so I need to look up the invoice number in another system.

Most frustrating, mundane shite ever.

They expected it in a couple of days, I've done only this for 4 days and am only nearly halfway through.

Work does that all the time, this should only take you a few days. ..... 2 weeks later, oh it's more complicated then we thought. As you mentioned music to the rescue.

Shaneus

Has Antichamber been on sale other than pre-purchasing? I want it, but I don't $20 want it.

Same with Miasamura or whatever it's called.

Also also, System Shock 2 is getting released on GOG tomorrow. And I'm pretty sure I'm gonna Holy it up in this bitch, too!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the story and art design for Dead Space 2&3. Just rich as fuck and a great expansion of a lot of ideas of future sci fi.

The gameplay is pretty eh though. Reminds me of Resident Evil. But more shootbang after the more focused first Dead Space. The survival tension is gone but I LOVE the schlocky sci fi angle they are going for, and most importantly pulled off on a massive scale.

Both games have some of the most engaging story of any games this generation. I actually want to talk to these fucks. Enough to trudge through another arena of spidey mutants.

Have had Twelve Foot Ninja's tunes stuck in my head since they played here last week.
So ima whore them out. they're from Melb.
Twelve Foot Ninja - Mother Sky
Yup, love their newest album. Really solid from start until finish. I liked their earlier EP that had some great Faith No More influences. New album is a great range though, with prog metal, industrial, jazz fusion, straight up nu metal, just a ton of fun.

New Apparat album is HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

I just found it in the Classic Simpsons thread :(

Best thread on GAF! Wish I could spend all day making up classic simpsons GIF's.

Kritz

Banned
Best thread on GAF! Wish I could spend all day making up classic simpsons GIF's.

Second best thread on GAF. >_>

OKAY LET'S SETTLE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL
Homer's Enemy - great episode or terrible episode? THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND.

I love dark humour, I love bitter endings, and I loved watching the Simpson's greatest straight man break inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom