• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 years this year, together for close to 10.
I can't believe anyone could put up with you for 5 years, let alone 10!

/jk :)

i'm just going to orz in this corner over here. If anybody needs me I'll be beating myself up

Valentines Day is only an important day on the calender when you are single. When you are in a relationship it is just another day, but you buy them something. Like you should any other day anyway!

Well, we're half way through AusGAF VIII, so here's some stats from the first VII:

Stats post time!

AusGAF 5 detailed stats
AusGAF 6 detailed stats

AusGAF 5
110 days (14th Nov 2011 - 3rd March 2012)
181.42 posts per day
181 unique posters (23 posted 1 time, 20 posted 2 times, 13 posted 3 times, 11 posted 4 times, 7 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 6
120 days (3rd March 2012 - 1st July 2012)
159.89 posts per day
167 unique posters (34 posted 1 time, 15 posted 2 times, 11 posted 3 times, 8 posted 4 times, 5 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 7
152 days (2nd July 2012 - 1st December 2012)
127.99 posts per day
167 unique posters (37 posted 1 time, 15 posted 2 times, 11 posted 3 times, 9 posted 4 times, 6 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

Click any of the graphs to embiggen. Note that the posts per day of week and hour of day have been normalised to show the percentage of posts from those hours as opposed to the raw numbers.

Duration, number of posters, unique posters (higher duration means the thread lasted for a higher number of days, AusGAF 1 was unique in that it went to 33,000-odd posts)

Posts by day of the week (based on GMT+10, not normalised for daylight savings)

Posts by hour of the day (based on GMT+10, not normalised for daylight savings)

Comparison of some selected words (CBF doing AusGAF 2, 3, 4 - only using the first 200 or so characters of each post)

Cod is awesome. Also thanks for not pointing out how many posts we have made in AusGAF, that would be depressing!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/13/who-made-aliens-heres-what-we-sorta-know/

Pretty interesting article pulling together a lot of the information about the development of Aliens CM by RPS. Sounds like they outsourced and then didn't realise how bad it was until it was too late.

They had 5 years to make a game.

They did a vertical slice to sell it to media.

They kept pushing back on SEGA for extensions time and time again.

Once they extended it into Boredlands 2 launch period they said, "oh shit, we don't give a fuck about this IP and it is only contract work so we don't get any profits from it like Borderlands 2, outsource it to some cheap, shitty studio!".

Then after launching BL2 they decide to check on the work by Timegate.

Gearbox - "Oh shit, this sucks! Who would have thought a shitty studio working without supervision wouldn't make a decent game! Maybe we should have called them at some point to say WASSUP?"

They then tell SEGA it is shit and they need another year on top of the 5 years of payments they have already recieved.

SEGA - "lol nope. Get that shit cleaned up and released, put more than 3 internal employees onto the project and get it done or you are sued as fuck boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

Gearbox - "fuck, put 5 guys on it. Everyone else, DLC time."

fin

whatever. Of all the made up holidays, it plays big in this house so an effort has to be made. That and the Cat's Birthday, Easter Wednesday and March 14.

jambo

Any publicity is good publicity. We just need to make sure that the PC gets mentioned to cement the PC as the number one PC gaming choice for PC AusGAF.

PC.

Time for some SEO?

Microsoft Sony Nintendo Xbox PS3 PS4 Wii

Shit piss fuck cunt cocksucker motherfucker tits.

You could also just not buy into the marketing scam. But sure. Flowers!
Its not about buying things, its about doing something nice together - even if you do something nice together everyday.

Well, we're half way through AusGAF VIII, so here's some stats from the first VII:

Stats post time!

AusGAF 5 detailed stats
AusGAF 6 detailed stats

AusGAF 5
110 days (14th Nov 2011 - 3rd March 2012)
181.42 posts per day
181 unique posters (23 posted 1 time, 20 posted 2 times, 13 posted 3 times, 11 posted 4 times, 7 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 6
120 days (3rd March 2012 - 1st July 2012)
159.89 posts per day
167 unique posters (34 posted 1 time, 15 posted 2 times, 11 posted 3 times, 8 posted 4 times, 5 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 7
152 days (2nd July 2012 - 1st December 2012)
127.99 posts per day
167 unique posters (37 posted 1 time, 15 posted 2 times, 11 posted 3 times, 9 posted 4 times, 6 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

Click any of the graphs to embiggen. Note that the posts per day of week and hour of day have been normalised to show the percentage of posts from those hours as opposed to the raw numbers.

A 9.79% increase in bad!? Ooooh noooo!

I'm curious as to whether its just the same 12 posters posting every time.

My parents have been married for 30 years and my father has never done anything for valentines day. He does big stuff for anniversary and birthdays, i.e. stuff that actually matters.
Why can't you just be a good little cog in the awesome capitalism machine?

Thanks for the stats, Cods. I'm going to guess that the quicker AusGAFs correlate fairly directly with choc raging every 3 seconds.

I feel like triple posting just to honour him.

jambo

Why can't you just be a good little cog in the awesome capitalism machine?

Have you seen the amount of shit I used to buy?

I have a Portal gun, a lightsaber, PC, 360, PS3, Wii, a giant TV, a receiver and surround sound speakers, an iPad, a Galaxy SIII and even more shit that I can't think of =P

But you could be buying more, yes?

Like flowers. Today. Love is something that is best displayed through slowing killing some aesthetically pleasing botanical specimens. "See, I love you. I killed these in your honour. Now watch them die."

Also, when looking at the post Who Posted for the past AusGAF I thought cods had linked the wrong results to each thread name as I spied my name in AusGAF 2. I really didn't think I was in here that early on. All I can say is that I'm sorry I ruined your club so early on.

Pro tip: Walk the last couple of blocks to your home, pilfer flowers from someones front yard, profit.

Also, when looking at the post Who Posted for the past AusGAF I thought cods had linked the wrong results to each thread name as I spied my name in AusGAF 2. I really didn't think I was in here that early on. All I can say is that I'm sorry I ruined your club so early on.

Same here, sorry guys

:(

Deeku

i kinda wonder when or if ausgaf will ever end. like, a lot of the people have stuck around since the beginning, but a lot have also left.

also i wonder when the next new mega poster will come, we have lived too long under the kingdom of rep!

jambo

Old people go, but new people come along. I reckon that as long as we have meet ups and everyone keeps playing games together on Steam then we'll be around for a long time.

Same. I thought I came along a lot later, but I have a few posts in AusGAF 1.

Granted, AusGAF 1 did last for almost 2 years.

Pro tip: Walk the last couple of blocks to your home, pilfer flowers from someones front yard, profit.
(

So that was you who was snipping our flowers!

So to change the subject from materialism to something else but back to materialism since this a videogames forum

What else is available on 3DS apart from NSMB 2 and Mario 3D Land. But is good for playing in short bursts. I'm prepared to go eshop for it.

So Real Racing 3 is a Facebook game now?

we have lived too long under the kingdom of rep!
Every now and then I realise how much I post, get disgusted at myself for not using my time better, try to avoid reading GAF more than twice a day, only to forget about that and go back to refreshing it every 2 minutes, :/

What else is available on 3DS apart from NSMB 2 and Mario 3D Land. But is good for playing in short bursts. I'm prepared to go eshop for it.

Fire Emblem!

Real answer: eShop seems the best thing about the system aside from Mario stuff. I really need to work out how to get it online and see what the local prices are like.

jambo

Pokemon Black/White 2 if you're in to that.
Paper Mario
Theatrhythm
Mario Kart 7
Legend of Zelda OoT
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Professor Layton
Resident Evil Revelations
VVVVVV
Star Fox 3D

Pushmo & Crashmo (I forget which are the PAL/NTSC names) [eshop]
Theatrhythm [retail]
VVVVVV [eshop]
Mutant Mudds [eshop]
Layton Games [retail]
Pokemon [retail]
Crush 3D [retail]

If you're willing to go into DS games the possibilities are huge.

Kritz

Banned
Oh, in case anyone was wondering.

Top 50 AusGAF Posters of All Time
username / total posts / average posts per thread
Code:
Choc 	5554	1168
reptilescorpio 	6747	1034
Jintor 	5613	847
evlcookie 	2093	748
jambo 	3367	702
Shaneus 	3509	689
Yagharek 	4841	681
Fredescu 	3028	666
Omi 	3721	619
codswallop 	3070	554
legend166 	1667	544
Salazar 	3102	510
VOOK 	1210	504
commanderdeek 	2774	474
markot 	2238	458
Bernbaum 	978	432
Dead Man 	1836	374
HolyCheck 	2175	367
Kritz 	1525	327
shanshan310 	2476	320
midonnay 	2419	316
Danoss 	1749	301
Gazunta 	1230	298
viciouskillersquirrel 	1037	283
hamchan 	1436	281
Clipper 	1058	258
Megadrive 	1260	255
BanShunsaku 	972	250
Agyar 	495	241
Rez 	713	238
Rezbit 	1530	233
Mar 	231	220
Rahk 	942	215
DeathJr 	1614	211
Planet_JASE 	1293	204
roosters93 	1102	188
x3n05 	959	185
FallbackPants 	1207	169
rass 	171	161
fappenmeister 	541	157
ClivePwned 	747	145
bodyboarder 	955	138
pilonv1 	264	129
Ydahs 	473	124
BananaArnie 	849	115
EatChildren 	664	111
Marshmellow 	540	109
Nemesis_ 	122	103
3chopl0x 	726	101

I'll do some graphs too if I can work them out. Or just post the raw data.

edit - this is actually incorrect I'll update it in a second
edit2 - fixed. >_>
edit3 - I was never very good at statistics class

Gazunta

So that was you who was snipping our flowers!

So to change the subject from materialism to something else but back to materialism since this a videogames forum

Mutant Mudds is a good sidescrolling platformer, only a few bucks, or only a buck on iOS if you don't mind not having buttons.

I'm really enjoying Ridge Racer on it, but I'm a sucker for Ridge Racer.

Oh man I just realised I haven't bought Super Street Fighter IV on 3DS yet. Off to the shops I gooooo

PS: Krispy Kreme have love heart donuts today.

edit2 - fixed. >_>

Damn it VKS, thanks for ruining the nice lines !

Don't worry Kritz :p its cool that's you're even putting it together.

Does anyone here use a shipping forwarder for stuff from the US. Just trying to work out what a good one would be as I'm looking at kitchenaid accessories for the Mrs.

Stupid mark ups on stuff available here

Kritz

Banned
AusGAF Posters History (Top 10 users)
YpgiWYH.png

AusGAF Posters History (Top 11-20 users)

And here's the raw data for anyone who wants to take a look. New users were only added to the list when they had >4 posts in a thread, so it may miss a few people early on.

Code:
Mar 	        231	220
rass 	        171	161
Nemesis_ 	122	103

edit2 - fixed. >_>
How were you working out the stats? Those 3 seems to have some kaflunky maths going on. Unless I'm misunderstanding the data.

Thanks to yourself and cods for the data, though.

Kritz

Banned
How were you working out the stats? Those 3 seems to have some kaflunky maths going on. Unless I'm misunderstanding the data.

Thanks to yourself and cods for the data, though.

Turns out google docs doesn't treat blank fields as 0. So where it saw blank, blank, 20 - it'd say the average should be 20, not 6.667.

And I can't be bothered making a formula to drop in 0s everywhere. >_> Took me way too long to semi-automate the process of gathering user data.

Turns out google docs doesn't treat blank fields as 0. So where it saw blank, blank, 20 - it'd say the average should be 20, not 6.667.

And I can't be bothered making a formula to drop in 0s everywhere. >_> Took me way too long to semi-automate the process of gathering user data.
No worries, I was just interested is all. Mainly I didn't understand how someone could have 231 posts with an average of 220.

I really do appreciate the effort you've both put in.

jambo

Just got an email from Nintendo

NINTENDO 3DS DIRECT ANNOUNCED FOR 14TH FEBRUARY!

www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

14th February 2013 - Nintendo today announced a new edition of Nintendo Direct. The 'Nintendo 3DS Direct' will be streamed from the Nintendo Direct website on 14th February from 24:00 (Australia Eastern Standard Time). Fans can look forward to updates on Nintendo 3DS games coming soon as well as in the future.

Local Nintendo Direct Broadcast Times:

22:00, 14th February (WST) - Western Australia
23:30, 14th February (ACST) - Northern Territory
24:00, 14th February (AEST) - Queensland
00:30, 15th February (ACDT) - South Australia
01:00, 15th February (ADST) - Victoria, New South Wales, Tasmania, ACT
03:00, 15th February (NZDT) - New Zealand

I guess you guys like charts.

Here's a chart of the count of posts per day by the top ten AusGAF posters ever. It's pretty much unreadable, so that means it's awesome right?

If you follow the link, you'll get a lovely 64 megapixel version of it that's also unreadable:

Clipper

Hmm.... Megadrive is quickly closing in on me. Perhaps it's time to up my post count again...

Does anyone here use a shipping forwarder for stuff from the US. Just trying to work out what a good one would be as I'm looking at kitchenaid accessories for the Mrs.

Stupid mark ups on stuff available here
I've used HopShopGo quite a bit in the past. Also Shipito. Both are quite good, although HSG is probably the easier one to go with.

jambo

I seem to have a few days with more than 30 posts back in 2010 and 2011, crazy times.

Also, with these charts, especially Kritz', I'm assuming they aren't using any AusGAF 8 data, as Choc still seems to be leading even though he only has 10 posts in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom