• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.... Megadrive is quickly closing in on me. Perhaps it's time to up my post count again...

I've used HopShopGo quite a bit in the past. Also Shipito. Both are quite good, although HSG is probably the easier one to go with.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. i'd heard of ship it to and they seemed pretty cheap but will look at HSG

jambo

I just checked my posts per thread

AusGAF 1 - 10
AusGAF 2 - 1,076
AusGAF 3 - 1,161
AusGAF 4 - 886
AusGAF 5 - 610
AusGAF 6 - 465
AusGAF 7 - 704
AusGAF 8 - 429 (half way)

Around the time of AusGAF 4-6 was when I met my current gf, and that resulted in me spending a tonne of time up at her place away from my PC, so I was only able to post at work. Work was also fairly busy throughout that period so I dropped right away.

Good to see I'm back on the rise though. I can see myself reaching about 900 or even 1,000 if I keep at it =P

Kritz

Banned
Yeah, it will be weird to redo these graphs in AusGAF 10 or something and just watch Choc flatline :(

in4cAHp.png

sneak peak >_>

jambo

AusGAF 5
110 days (14th Nov 2011 - 3rd March 2012)
181.42 posts per day
181 unique posters (23 posted 1 time, 20 posted 2 times, 13 posted 3 times, 11 posted 4 times, 7 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 6
120 days (3rd March 2012 - 1st July 2012)
159.89 posts per day
167 unique posters (34 posted 1 time, 15 posted 2 times, 11 posted 3 times, 8 posted 4 times, 5 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 7
152 days (2nd July 2012 - 1st December 2012)
127.99 posts per day
167 unique posters (37 posted 1 time, 15 posted 2 times, 11 posted 3 times, 9 posted 4 times, 6 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 8 (so far)
74 days (2nd December 2012 - 14 February 2013)

Unless we suddenly pick up some speed we're on track to match AusGAF 7 in terms of time to 20,000 posts.

My stats show AusGAF 8 is tracking about the same as AusGAF 7. Posts per day:

Code:
AusGAF 1	51
AusGAF 2	82
AusGAF 3	146
AusGAF 4	197
AusGAF 5	181
AusGAF 6	160
AusGAF 7	128
AusGAF 8	131

jambo

Code:
[16:18:36] * omi Quit (Quit: ~ Trillian Astra - www.trillian.im ~)
[16:31:18] * hijukal Quit (Ping timeout)
[17:00:44] * megadrive Quit (Quit: Page closed)
[17:13:10] * @Clipper Quit (Ping timeout)
[17:13:38] * Clipper_T Quit (Ping timeout)
[17:19:13] * Marsh Quit (Quit: Page closed)
[17:30:35] <@jambo|work> bye guys
[17:30:36] <@jambo|work> =\

Wouldn't hurt to say goodbye you guys...

>_>

Shaneus

I guess you guys like charts.

Here's a chart of the count of posts per day by the top ten AusGAF posters ever. It's pretty much unreadable, so that means it's awesome right?

If you follow the link, you'll get a lovely 64 megapixel version of it that's also unreadable:
For a top ten, that sure is missing a whole lotta:

a) me
b) another two people

Nice work cods and kritz

whatever. Of all the made up holidays, it plays big in this house so an effort has to be made. That and the Cat's Birthday, Easter Wednesday and March 14.

Searching March 14 brings up steak and bj day. This is relevant to my interests. Never heard of it before.

I used to post (or just read) ausgaf more and than I discovered reddit and substituted ausgaf browsing time for reddit browsing time. Now I hardly visit reddit anymore and read ausgaf again.

Fogz

I have a post............somewhere.

Code:
[16:18:36] * omi Quit (Quit: ~ Trillian Astra - www.trillian.im ~)
[16:31:18] * hijukal Quit (Ping timeout)
[17:00:44] * megadrive Quit (Quit: Page closed)
[17:13:10] * @Clipper Quit (Ping timeout)
[17:13:38] * Clipper_T Quit (Ping timeout)
[17:19:13] * Marsh Quit (Quit: Page closed)
[17:30:35] <@jambo|work> bye guys
[17:30:36] <@jambo|work> =\

Wouldn't hurt to say goodbye you guys...

>_>

Goodbye jambo

For a top ten, that sure is missing a whole lotta:

a) me
b) another two people
Holy shit I didn't even notice. LOL. I must have missed ticking a couple in there! Pretty sure you were in the actual top ten, above Fred/Omi, can't remember who else I missed. I was the eleventh.

Yagharek

Well its taken 3 days but I now have all my Wii U set up. Firmware and settings day one. Transfer of Wii content day two. Downloading extra Wii content and satiating my OCD tendencies with channel management day 3. Working early start day shifts/in bed by 9 limits time to sort it out.

General early impressions:
* The system runs nice and cool
* eShop is well laid out, nice and easy to find stuff and relatively fast loading too. Easier to find things than XBLA, faster loading than PSN. Let's see how it copes with more games though.
* Menu loading on the system itself is not as slow as certain people on GAF (shuri) have claimed

Nice OS impressions overall, everything is cleanly laid out and makes sense as the Vita OS does.

The weekend will be when I get to test the games properly.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
It's my birthday tomorrow. And all I'm planning on doing is continuing this volunteer work placement I'm doing at a youth education center.. then seeing Anna Karenina with my brother + sister at the village cinemas, after I've finished volunteering.. then I'm going do a 1-hour and a half karate class afterwards. Definitely looking like it's going be a long-ass day tomorrow, most likely won't do any birthday cake with my family till the weekend.;p

It's my birthday tomorrow. And all I'm planning on doing is continuing this volunteer work placement I'm doing at a youth education center.. then seeing Anna Karenina with my brother + sister at the village cinemas, after I've finished volunteering.. then I'm going do a 1-hour and a half karate class afterwards.

comic2-204.png

I thought Anna Karenina was okay, my wife hates Keira Knightly though. Historical accuracy and all that.

Omikron

Well its taken 3 days but I now have all my Wii U set up. Firmware and settings day one. Transfer of Wii content day two. Downloading extra Wii content and satiating my OCD tendencies with channel management day 3. Working early start day shifts/in bed by 9 limits time to sort it out.

General early impressions:
* The system runs nice and cool
* eShop is well laid out, nice and easy to find stuff and relatively fast loading too. Easier to find things than XBLA, faster loading than PSN. Let's see how it copes with more games though.
* Menu loading on the system itself is not as slow as certain people on GAF (shuri) have claimed

Nice OS impressions overall, everything is cleanly laid out and makes sense as the Vita OS does.

The weekend will be when I get to test the games properly.

That kinda blows my mind really. How many hours do you think you have actively spent using it vs waiting for it to update/do its own thing?

Shaneus

Apparently all mods work with it.

Should I play the first one before I play the second?

Does it have controller support?

What about Crossfire or multi-threading?

Can I run it at 2560x1440@120fps 3D?

(fwiw, I'd love to run some ancient game in 3D just to see how much it does my head in)

Full PSN sale, tons of shit in there. THQ stuff on permanent fire sale. Red Faction on PS2 is $3.65! Guerrilla is $7.35!

System Shock 2 is not a good game. There I said it.
Do you not trust the feelings of the flesh?

Should I play the first one before I play the second?
Nah no need. SysShock 2 was a joint venture headed up by Irrational unlike the first game, with Ken Levine taking over the head honcho spot from Doug Church.

Is that the chick from halo

Portal

Yeah, I'm currently playing it, too. The puzzles aren't quite... puzzly enough. It seems more like the puzzles are just rock/paper/scissor style condition circumstances. Laser Bars? You're probably going to pick up something using fluffy, throw it and change it to heavy. Long distance jump? Pick something up, throw it, freeze time, jump onto it and jump across.

I'm only just about to start the third area, so I hope the puzzles puzzle harder with their puzzliness in this last area.

Plus the scientist needs to shut the hell up. He's not amusing, he's pompous and annoying.

@rep: you couldn't let me have my time, could you? I notice a couple of bargains and post them and you're all like "lolz no u dont herz a whole thread about it soz".

Prick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom