• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Eurogamer review pretty much sums up my feelings on the whole game. In my opinion it never gets more interesting than it does in the first hour.
Yeah, that about sums it up. My only real beef with the game is that the jumping is imprecise and the allowable surface area for standing on an object is variable and atrocious. Because of this, I've resorted to looking directly down to reference the edge of objects I'm standing on. At time I've fallen off boxes that occupied large areas of my vision (i.e. standing right on them) and other times I've looked down to see nothing (i.e. collision area larger than actual object). For a game that relies a lot on platforming and quick movement it's not forgivable.

It's closer to two decades than one.

Oh god.
YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND TAKE THAT BACK!!

oh god i'm getting so old

Yagharek

That kinda blows my mind really. How many hours do you think you have actively spent using it vs waiting for it to update/do its own thing?

It's not quite that bad (quicker than a PS3 backup/restore if you've ever done one).

A rough breakdown:

* Twenty minute ritual unpacking, cable setup, sniffing and plug in.
* Five minutes fishing the sensor bar out from the back of the tv cabinet when it fell off the telly
* 2 hours to charge the gamepad (gym and lunch break during this time)
* 10 minute initial setup/Mii import/local profile setup
* 90 minute firmware download and install (local internet is bad here, this is typical speed)
* Two minutes going through the Nintendo Network account signup
* 58 minutes researching and deciding upon a name for said account
* An hour to do the Wii transfer to Wii U (courtesy of Pikmin), including research on how to
* Another hour and a half to re-download the non-transferred games (licenses are transferred, but you have to redownload ones that are/were stored on the SD card.
* Half an hour of menu organising OCD style

Also managed to get demos of The Cave, Rayman Legends and Tank! Tank! Tank! in there somewhere as well.

SneXpqD.png

FROTHING AT THE MOUTH!

Rahk

That kinda blows my mind really. How many hours do you think you have actively spent using it vs waiting for it to update/do its own thing?
Could have built a PC then installed Windows, Steam and some games in that time! Am I right?

Could I have? Sure, but not everyone.

Just interested that that is where consoles have gone, even nintendo ones :p

when i built my pc, from start to windows install took like 10 hours i think
but that was the first time id dont that so i was reading everything and taking my time
but even if i did it in 2 it would still take my internet 3 days to download a game :(

yeah death i had 1 that didnt have that. not sure what happened to the others from that batch i got though. why dont china like dota 2?

Yagharek

Could I have? Sure, but not everyone.

Just interested that that is where consoles have gone, even nintendo ones :p

To be fair, most of it was license transfers. At least they let you do it between generations. It's actually been quite seamless. Hardest part was choosing a network name.

Everything hardware wise has been flawless.

Omikron

To be fair, most of it was license transfers. At least they let you do it between generations. It's actually been quite seamless. Hardest part was choosing a network name.

Everything hardware wise has been flawless.

True, but still a difference between just plugging it in and you are good to go and ~7-8 hours doing various tasks.

Just the downside of having modern, connected systems really.

jambo

NSMBU DLC is pretty big IMO, sounds like proper expansion style stuff.

Also fuck public transport sometimes. Old lady at the bus stop was hailing our bus, but the driver just decided to sail on by without a care in the world.

He saw her as well, I saw him look at her and then back at the road =/

Donkey Kong Returns 3D

Also, weird justification about since it's been 30years since Mario Bros this makes it the Year of Luigi. There's a bunch of Luigi stuff coming out, like Mario RPG 4 and Mario Golf.

Well, he's in them, anyway. Happy birthday, Luigi!

Yagharek

True, but still a difference between just plugging it in and you are good to go and ~7-8 hours doing various tasks.

Just the downside of having modern, connected systems really.

Well yes, five minutes with a snes or even ps2 and you're good to go. The reaction on the launch was blown completely out of proportion though by many people.

There were youtube videos showing 20-25 second waits on apps/programs opening, looked pretty bleak. I assume they have done some updating since then though?

Fusebox

Banned
FFVII is giving me the shits but it's like decade-old JRPG design so I don't really feel good about criticising it

Are you playing FFFVII at the moment? I'm playing FFVII too! I played it when I first came out but never made it off the first disc. I can't believe how well it's aged. That music.

I'm in Corel Prison at the moment, just picked up Yuffie recently too.

Gotta say, being able to transfer my save between Vita and PS3 is a game-changer, I've never been able to sink so much time into a game so quickly.

Omikron

Are you playing FFFVII at the moment? I'm playing FFVII too! I played it when I first came out but never made it off the first disc. I can't believe how well it's aged. That music.

I'm in Corel Prison at the moment, just picked up Yuffie recently too.

Gotta say, being able to transfer my save between Vita and PS3 is a game-changer, I've never been able to sink so much time into a game so quickly.

x3!

Playing the recent PC re-release. Haven't played a huge amount as yet, up to raiding the Shinra tower.

Have been streaming it as well... for those bored enough!

Donkey Kong Returns 3D

Also, weird justification about since it's been 30years since Mario Bros this makes it the Year of Luigi. There's a bunch of Luigi stuff coming out, like Mario RPG 4 and Mario Golf.

Well, he's in them, anyway. Happy birthday, Luigi!

Better than it being the Year of the Bow.

Still, rad news. Really interested in that New Super U DLC, and Mario & Luigi 4 makes me stupid hyped. Not as hyped for Mario Golf, but I'm hoping that there's an RPG mode this time, unlike Mario Tennis.

Shaneus

Shaneus: it's up now. Lumines next week. You'll need about 1.2 gigs for Wipeout and 700mb for Lumines.
Rad. I might just download Lumines on the PS3 because I already have the cart for it (I don't think it's ever leaving the Vita) but it'd be handy to have. I just wish we could play Vita games on the PS3, I needs my big-screen Lumines fix :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom