• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many expansions she got? they release one every couple of weeks it seems

also am sick, some kind of chest thing with associated nose gunk

So, third person shooter, Spec Ops or GR:FS?

I didn't play Spec Ops, but Ghost Recon:FS was a fun game. Story was the usual sort of thing with a lame attempt at some depth to the characters. Didn't try multi, though.
Played on PC after a steam sale but it had been patched. only thing I disliked was no invert option if you use a controller.

Dead Man

I didn't play Spec Ops, but Ghost Recon:FS was a fun game. Story was the usual sort of thing with a lame attempt at some depth to the characters. Didn't try multi, though.
Played on PC after a steam sale but it had been patched. only thing I disliked was no invert option if you use a controller.

I think I'll just get both, teh yare both pretty cheap at the moment.

In other news, ABC has a reporter called Winsome. Poor girl.

In other news, ABC has a reporter called Winsome. Poor girl.

"Hey there, are you Winsome Denyer?"
"Yeah?"
"Can I.. win some with you?"
tumblr_mesbqpdP7J1qaum68.gif

jambo

The End...

It is with our regret to announce that NZBMATRIX has closed.

We have had to make this decision due to a very large takedown request from a company called Wiggin LLC. These represent the following: Federation Against Copyright Theft Limited ("FACT"), Paramount Home Entertainment International Limited; Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Limited; The Walt Disney Company Limited; Twentieth Century Fox Film Company Limited; Universal Pictures (UK) Limited; Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited.

As everyone is aware we are DMCA/Takedown notice compliant, and always have been.
Once this notice is completed we are left with an impossible task of policing our indexing bots. Even then it won't stop there, there will be follow-up notices etc.

Coupled with this is problems with payment providers, we have been through pretty much everyone out there, in the end they all pull out.
There are massive server/bandwidth costs to pay, with the payments in-stability this is a very hard task.

NZBMATRIX has never been the subject of any legal issues or threats.

Also the Usenet Indexing scene is going through some changes, with content being removed from pretty much every provider its making the existence of an indexer irrelevant if the content does not even exists anymore.

So it's time for us to bow out...

Feels bad man

Yagharek

I love that acronym "fact".

Maybe there should be a federation for timely releases of popular television content in Australia since we are sick of waiting two years you clueless wankers.

I would name it FTROPTCIA for short.

senahorse

Really liking Nokia's free music service on the Lumia 920. I pick my playlists, say today the 80's and I can download the whole thing to my phone free of charge and play it back (or stream), with no ads. Better yet, I can hit the refresh button and it will automatically download new songs, as the playlists are created by people (rather than pseudo random computer attempts) it always has a great selection. :D

Did it go up?

I paid $10 a few years ago for a lifetime sub.

That was a xmas special I believe.

Problem is that most of the stuff we do get timely is shit, remember that fast tracked Hugh Jackman vegas thing from a year or so back. The fuck were they thinking,

Dead Man

Problem is that most of the stuff we do get timely is shit, remember that fast tracked Hugh Jackman vegas thing from a year or so back. The fuck were they thinking,

Other problem is that the don't bother fast tracking stuff until people have already downloaded the first two seasons.

Frawdder

Other problem is that the don't bother fast tracking stuff until people have already downloaded the first two seasons.
Even when they do fast track it's at least a week, usually more, after the show has aired in the US/UK. People aren't willing to wait that amount of time when they can download it a couple of hours after it finished.

Yagharek

Its amazing to think ABC are far better than any other network in Australia for quick support. Granted, they don't have as many series running but their big one - Dr Who - is shown within a day of the UK broadcast now.

Meanwhile the only studio approved way to see series 2 of Game of Thrones in Australia is to wait for the disc release in March next year.

jambo

I was wearing a coat on the way to work this morning. It's supposed to get up around 30 today, but it was about 12 when I left =\

Did it go up?

I paid $10 a few years ago for a lifetime sub.
Probably was $15 or $20 then, I remember thinking it wasn't too bad of a cost considering I couldn't trial them while still being annoyed that I had to hand over some kind of money.

If my damn .rar files wouldn't corrupt on download I wouldn't even need Usenet! :(

My local has one copy left if either you or Shaneus wants it?
If it isn't too much of a hassle to grab and post over that would be awesome! Shaneus & I can flip a virtual coin for it!

Cue: Downton Abbey.
Channel Seven.
Season 3 which has already finished airing overseas.
Dubstep trailer on at prime time.
Final seconds shows....

You fucking morons. It is like you don't want the viewers. Ask Facebook to let you know the reaction when the ads run of women 18-55. You clods.

teekun

Even when they do fast track it's at least a week, usually more, after the show has aired in the US/UK. People aren't willing to wait that amount of time when they can download it a couple of hours after it finished.

My favourite was when Ten "fast-tracked" the premiere of the new season of Homeland by putting the first half of the episode up on their website. As if people would watch that, and then tune in when it aired on TV to watch the rest, instead of just downloading the full episode from somewhere. Fuckwits.

Yagharek

I was conditioned in the late 90s to never expect anything decent from commercial tv with respect to regular or quality scheduling. As a stargate fan, it was impossible to follow a season when they moved timeslots or days every few weeks, then skipped entire seasons.

I just gave up and bought the dvds from the uk.

The radio towers in Far Cry 3 must be powered by AAA batteries. Seriously why would an island that small need nearly 20 radio towers?

Its amazing to think ABC are far better than any other network in Australia for quick support. Granted, they don't have as many series running but their big one - Dr Who - is shown within a day of the UK broadcast now.

Meanwhile the only studio approved way to see series 2 of Game of Thrones in Australia is to wait for the disc release in March next year.

It's because the ABC doesn't need to worry about ratings. So it can put its biggest show online, take the hit on the premiere, and not have advertisers screaming bloody murder.

Dead Man

I was conditioned in the late 90s to never expect anything decent from commercial tv with respect to regular or quality scheduling. As a stargate fan, it was impossible to follow a season when they moved timeslots or days every few weeks, then skipped entire seasons.

I just gave up and bought the dvds from the uk.

God, those were dark days.

legend166

Well no, because the few shows I like to buy get delayed to placate the networks.

I mean about Game of Thrones specifically. I agree with you that the free to air networks are incompetent.

But I'm pretty sure Showcase on Foxtel aired Game of Thrones season 2 the same week as HBO did in America.

Stackboy

Foxtel have been great getting US shows on our shores really quickly.

There was a recent article that said the response to "Direct from the US" stuff has been really well received, so expect more of it.

I mean about Game of Throne's specifically. I agree with you that the free to air networks are incompetent.

But I'm pretty sure Showcase on Foxtel aired Game of Thrones season 2 the same week as HBO did in America.

Foxtel has a HBO deal, all that stuff like Sons of Anarchy etc comes within a week

Yagharek

God, those were dark days.

The dark days never ended. Atlantis got fucked just the same, and SG:Universe (a brilliant series imo) got killed by scifi network. If ever a series of stargate was a metaphor for the war on science, that would be it.

I mean about Game of Throne's specifically. I agree with you that the free to air networks are incompetent.

I was talking more generally than GOT. That is just one example.

Dead Man

The dark days never ended. Atlantis got fucked just the same, and SG:Universe (a brilliant series imo) got killed by scifi network. If ever a series of stargate was a metaphor for the war on science, that would be it.

I was talking more generally than GOT. That is just one example.

Yes, but I only had dial up back then...

I agree with your post though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom