• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Speaking of fluoride, or lack of, my wife works in a Kindergarten in a fairly affluent suburb where drinking largely bottled water appears to be prevalent and she notes that many of the kids there have pretty bad teeth. Not sure if related, or just circumstantial, but would not be surprised.

Tap water is good for you kids.
Filtered water would still have it though, wouldn't it? I drink a shedload of that stuff at work.

I grew up on a farm with rain water, which, while amazing tasting, contained no flouride so my parents made me and my brother take these gross tablets. Actually thinking about it I'm fairly sure they were mint flavoured which sounds delicious.
I lived in Geelong and I still took them when I was younger! They were small and pink and "cherry" flavoured.

kids dont care about kids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA3JO__96M0

Yagharek

Goddamn, Ni No Kuni is phenomenally beautiful.

Raged at the demo when I died the fourth time before realising you can move in real time and employ small shielded weird things to fight for you. Figured it out on the fifth go and turns out the battles are pretty tense encounters (for a jrpg novice I guess).

The game is beautiful in ways Valkyria Chronicles and Wind Waker are.

Deeku

Yeah, so sad it didn't sell in Japan. I'll probably double dip when it comes out here since I've barely played it.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Digging the hell out of NsmBu. Dull style aside, I think Nintendo has really nailed the formula here, the level design is some truly god-tier stuff. (On World 6).

I need to find a another WiiU game to purchase after I'm all finished with it. Any suggestions?

Yagharek

Yep, it looks pretty spiffy.

My only annoyance is the DS version never eventuated. Would have been great to have both editions as I understand both of them are different games set in the same world.

Big W has The Gunstringer (plus Fruit Ninja Kinect) for $10 in store only (buy me one Shaneus!)
(they also had the 3DS XL for $188 delivered late last night before it ran out quickly)

EBGames Monday only sale EDIT: Forgot it is online only sorry! Prices don't include postage :(
Starcraft 2 or WoW Pandabare for $28 each
Just Dance 4 on WiiU for $37
Scribblenauts Unlimited or AssCree3 or ZombiU on WiiU for $48
Epic Mickey 2 on Wii for $36
Adventure Time DS for $37
NSMB2 or Mario 3D Land on 3DS for $47
VITA SUPER SALE $198 for Wifi model!
Also Rayman Origins or Lumines ES or Dungeon Hunter or Asphalt for $22
Pre-owned Wii's are $48

Digging the hell out of NsmBu. Dull style aside, I think Nintendo has really nailed the formula here, the level design is some truly god-tier stuff. (On World 6).

I need to find a another WiiU game to purchase after I'm all finished with it. Any suggestions?

Played Arkham City? WiiU version is $48 delivered from the Australian retailer BeatTheBomb

Also EBGames has a few cheap tomorrow only

hamchan

Just ordered the Vita + LBP + Fifa + Starter bundle from JB.

Also ordered with it a 32gb memory card and then I saw the new Layton and Paper Mario were $47 each, so I bought those too.

I'll probably be using my US PSN for the Vita so feel free to add me.

PSN: EvilHamchan

Omikron

heraldsunreader2012.jpg

http://www.aktifmag.com/top-20-of-2012-famous-thinkers-quoting-herald-sun-readers/

:lol

Yagharek

Herald Sun Halfwits is without a doubt my favourite twitter account. (https://twitter.com/heraldsunreader)

Same people etc. It's awesome.
Here are some highlights from literally scrolling at random

"One man's loss is another man's gain? bulldust. Ask my brother. His mrs left him for another sheila"

"Brynne Edelsten is the peoples angel"

"It's beyond a joke. They need to bring in a law where you can't celebrate schoolies until at least 5 years after you've left school"

"Since when was it a crime to get blind and have a few dust ups at the races?"

SmZA

Hey AusGAF, a friend of a friend made this documentary about Mongolian Hip-Hop. I just watched it and it's pretty awesome. You can watch it on ABC iView for just a few more hours.

Mongolian Bling

Salazar

The Weekend Australian magazine article on the sacking of the Methodist Ladies College principal is amazing.

Annual revenues of $60 million. What the fuck.

Darklord

Banned
I normally play hand held gaming in bed and CANNOT get the 3D to focus on the 3DS in my room. I tried light on, light off, sitting up, laying down. It just will not focus right. Yet here at the computer, it's perfect.

Salazar

Got a cliff notes? Stupid paywall.

Longstanding and popular female principal knifed by a school board movement led (and to a certain extent engineered) by publisher Louise Adler. The principal reported some issues with her salary (not enough being deducted from it to pay the nanny, in line with increases), and the school brought in Deloitte to review her payment/contract in general. They found, allegedly, overpayments, and they tied this up with ill feeling about her ties to an architect engaged to do work for the school. And then they poisonously bungled the dismissal, basically showing the social awareness of an NRL player.

Adler looks v. bad. But what leapt out at me was the annual revenue. I mean, fees of $21,000 are daft enough.

Dead Man

Longstanding and popular female principal knifed by a school board movement led (and to a certain extent engineered) by publisher Louise Adler. The principal reported some issues with her salary (not enough being deducted from it to pay the nanny, in line with increases), and the school brought in Deloitte to review her payment/contract in general. They found, allegedly, overpayments, and they tied this up with ill feeling about her ties to an architect engaged to do work for the school. And then they poisonously bungled the dismissal, basically showing the social awareness of an NRL player.

Adler looks v. bad. But what leapt out at me was the annual revenue. I mean, fees of $21,000 are daft enough.

So normal private school shenanigans ;) Glad they get public money to help out, sounds like they are hurting for money.

Darklord

Banned
So EB have their site down for 3 days prepping for their "Once a year sale!". Sale starts. Site dies instantly. Can't Australia ever get this shit right?

Edit: Well it's up. And yeah, pretty shit sale. So a typical Australian online sale in general.

Shaneus

Big W has The Gunstringer (plus Fruit Ninja Kinect) for $10 in store only (buy me one Shaneus!)
Will try, but I either have hayfever or a cold or some shit that I was hit with today, so if I'm up and about tomorrow I will, otherwise... I won't.

But if someone wants to grab two fer rep and myself, we'd be appreciative!

Jintor

Do you want to play a good game or play a mediocre game with some craaaaaazy but interesting bullshit attached

Actually I haven't played GR:FS

so just play spec ops because it does some interesting things and it's probably cheapish now?

Dead Man

Do you want to play a good game or play a mediocre game with some craaaaaazy but interesting bullshit attached

Actually I haven't played GR:FS

so just play spec ops because it does some interesting things and it's probably cheapish now?

Good enough :)

Axiom

So I downloaded this months free PS+ games to the PS3, Batman, Vanquish and Limbo - and I've been charged for Vanquish.

Now while Vanquish may be a great game, it was listed as free.

This may be a failure of Google-fu here, but I can't find the local support numbers or an email address on the Playstation website. Just FAQs and community support.

Does anyone know?

So I downloaded this months free PS+ games to the PS3, Batman, Vanquish and Limbo - and I've been charged for Vanquish.

Now while Vanquish may be a great game, it was listed as free.

This may be a failure of Google-fu here, but I can't find the local support numbers or an email address on the Playstation website. Just FAQs and community support.

Does anyone know?

Australia: 1300 365 911

Mon to Fri 08:00 – 20:00, Sat 10:00 – 18:00 AEST

Shaneus

For some reason, all of a sudden midday yesterday, start sniffing and sneezing uncontrollably... put it down to an allergic thing with my aftershave. Wake up this morning, all blocked up and still sneezing.

Fuck's sake. Don't even think I can be fucked playing the iCade in bed or whatever :(

My girlfriend informed me that her download for the sims 3 is 22gb. What the hell? When did the sims become such a huge game?

Edit: post #1000 woooo

Editedit: there's two pollies sitting across from me with a textbook that says "darken rudd" on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom