• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'll get a pass when I know it wont just be Gaz sitting there signing pressie dog pics.

(I would still ask for some one to get me one though)

Shaneus

About 4. If you end up finding a pair just let me know.
I wound up going to bed just after I posted that, woke up around 5:30 or so... apologies :(

Eh I still think that Vita price was a steal from EB. Will games off OzGameshop work perfectly with no problems?
The price itself... pretty fucking good. But without a game or memory card (which is around $70 on top of that) it means it's pretty much not worth my time. Hopefully you get some value out of it though!

PS. I have my PAX 3 day ticket :)

PPS. Fuck being sick. Seriously. Fucking annoying.

PPPS. Because rlan's not doing his job properly:
vujxp.png

A9ffXRzCQAEA4dQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/PAXAus/status/276935493105631232

senahorse

No disrespect to Halfbrick, they have done some great work but if they're our biggest game developer it really shows what a sorry state Australian game development is in as a whole.

Yagharek

Vita is more impressive to me now than psp was the first time I saw one in motion. First thing I said when I saw a psp playing riiiiiiiiidge racer was 'sold' for reference.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Started watching Veronica Mars today. Why have I not seen this already?

Craaaaap. And my friends with who I'm trying to organise a trip down there are being annoying and indecisive.

OMG how amazing is it! how many eps you watched? so good. ;_; I might re watch again soon.

Eh I still think that Vita price was a steal from EB. Will games off OzGameshop work perfectly with no problems?
$200 is a great deal if you don't want FIFA or LBP for $50. I expect almost all my Vita games will be less than $40, although I still don't have a Vita yet :)

Also better to grab a 32GB stick straight away.

The further I progress with Far Cry 3 the more I slide towards actively disliking it
I really enjoyed it. Once you unlock the glide suit and find 30-40 relics it becomes a first person Just Cause 2.

At the start you are fucking mauled by the constant pirates that spawn out of nowhere CONSTANTLY. Once you take out the first 2-3 outposts you are barely ever annoyed again as you just constantly push along the red boundary, taking down outposts along the way without letting them overspawn you.

Once you are running around green territory the game becomes pretty boring, once you get a levelled up shotgun (for free since the radio towers that let you see the map are simple to find and climb) even the wildlife is nothing more than a hilarious meet and greet.

Vaas is awesome though. Really love his character.
Final 1/3 is terrible though.
More spoiler ahead
The fact that now the enemy don't even find you to be an enemy makes the whole last island borrrring to attack. By that point you already have uberkill silence weapons to stalk around the RESTRICTED zones so pfffft to those bozos. German dude is a lot of fun though, another great character. Fucking hated the ending though. I had a feeling they would take that direction and it was just shit. Made the entire character arc less powerful since it wasn't branching, just ended in two very distinct ways INCREDIBLY quickly. And I mean, one second you are blowing your load in your pants gunning down half of the country from a helicopter rather than being focused on getting to safety
(shades of Spec Ops in that scene (and also the overall arc but not executed as completely))
and the next it is "ohhhhh nah I'm a nice guyyyyyyyyyyy! Lemme get my bag and I'll go hang out in the OC again. I only pretended to love the fuck out of killing and fucking some hot weird jungle leader shaman person. Gotcha!"

It was a really fun game. With lots of easy to do and find things. The fucking collectables are right there on your map for sciences sake! Sure made it easy for a cheevo whore like me.

Far Cry 2 on the other hand was brutal. Like being in fucking Africa. I heard it isn't a nice place to live. Especially if you have a gun.
The lack of story development and integration into the game was disappointing for me in Far Cry 2 but the world WAS FUCKING IMMERSIVE YEAH I USED THAT WORD.

I seemed to have avoided the high enemy respawn rate somehow. When I was bothered I would just drive straight past anyway. And dat fire. Nnnnnnffffffffff.

As someone who grew up in the area I'm not shocked.
I'm a little shocked that people actually want to go to Mildura though
:)

Not to mention that I thought someone from Adelaide would take the lazy way up to Renmark and straight across.

Can get pretty hairy up in Sunset too, very lucky they didn't get eaten by an Emu.

Success. Shoot me a pm with your address and ill send it off tomorrow.
I wound up going to bed just after I posted that, woke up around 5:30 or so... apologies :(
Awesome! How we want to do this Shaneus? Is there somewhere we can sign into and do a random coin flip kinda thing? Or a hand of poker in Facebook?

No disrespect to Halfbrick, they have done some great work but if they're our biggest game developer it really shows what a sorry state Australian game development is in as a whole.
No disrespect to Australian developers but Halfbrick have given me some of the most fun games I have ever played. I would rate Jetpack Joyride behind only Shadowrun in terms of most enjoyment for me.

On that note I will be at their both all three days with bells on so RLAN BETTER HAVE SOME GOOD SWAG UP FOR SALE, SOMETHING RASKULLS PLEASE PLEASE

Dead Man

As someone who grew up in the area I'm not shocked.
I'm a little shocked that people actually want to go to Mildura though
:)

Not to mention that I thought someone from Adelaide would take the lazy way up to Renmark and straight across.

Can get pretty hairy up in Sunset too, very lucky they didn't get eaten by an Emu.

Had to go there for a friends wedding, and yeah, just went through Renmark. I also got some google maps to get me there though :)

Jint is your problem with far cry story? Because where I'm up to is really leaving a sour taste. I'm not sure how far along I am but I am not enjoying it

Shaneus

Awesome! How we want to do this Shaneus? Is there somewhere we can sign into and do a random coin flip kinda thing? Or a hand of poker in Facebook?
I'm not terribly fussed... I have far too many games (Kinect games included*) on my plate to worry about another (as good as Gunslinger is supposed to be), plus I'm sure you'd get more fun out of it with the kidlet :)

*Still need to put time into Diabolical Pitch. But not while I'm sick :(

Edit: Sweet, my night just got better. There's a new Louis Theroux on the Westboro Church. I think this is the third one now?

Jint is your problem with far cry story? Because where I'm up to is really leaving a sour taste. I'm not sure how far along I am but I am not enjoying it
Fetch quest is the story.
Protag is a puppy dog with adhd.
Vaas has charisma.
Everyone else is stupid yo.
Radio? We don't need no radio!
Also you are the chosen one. From day dot. As a OC looking mother fucker in pirate paradise.

I'm not terribly fussed... I have far too many games (Kinect games included*) on my plate to worry about another (as good as Gunslinger is supposed to be), plus I'm sure you'd get more fun out of it with the kidlet :)
Saaaaweet thanks man!

Shaneus

Jintor

Definitely the story is the bit that is really pissing me off. It's fucking railroaded corridors and shit, and a bunch of unsubtle bullshit drug illusions that aren't actually saying anything of worth.

Fetch quest is the story.
Protag is a puppy dog with adhd.
Vaas has charisma.
Everyone else is stupid yo.
Radio? We don't need no radio!
Also you are the chosen one. From day dot. As a OC looking mother fucker in pirate paradise.

Saaaaweet thanks man!

Where I'm up to his reaction is just not cool.
he found out Riley died and instead of mourning like a normal person, as Liza tries to make him, he goes on a rampage. To me its feeling like they're trying to do a spec ops style descent into madness but it feels weird. More glorifying than questioning.

I don't know I've played this same type of story in like every half arsed shooter ever but its really rubbing me the wrong way

Yagharek

he found out Riley died and instead of mourning like a normal person, as Liza tries to make him, he goes on a rampage. To me its feeling like they're trying to do a spec ops style descent into madness but it feels weird. More glorifying than questioning.

I don't know I've played this same type of story in like every half arsed shooter ever but its really rubbing me the wrong way

It's written by Ubisoft. What did you expect? Something on par with an actual author?

Shaneus

If you're not sure about a vita, dont get one. But you know how jaded I've been about games for years and vita is one of the nicest surprises I've had since a very long time ago.
That's why this is so confusing!

Flow/Flower on PSN?
Pixeljunk Eden on PSN/Steam?

Crappy but awesome 80's movies?
I'm comfy with the latest Louis Theroux Westboro episode, I don't think I can handle any game at all, to be honest :(

Megadrive.
Shaneus!

They half arsed their attempt at doing a cool story.

$200 is a great deal if you don't want FIFA or LBP for $50. I expect almost all my Vita games will be less than $40, although I still don't have a Vita yet :)

Also better to grab a 32GB stick straight away.
‎32GB Vita Memory Cards strangely missing from EBGames site during Mad Monday sale
Grab 16gb Card thinking it might be because the Vita is unpopular
32GB cards reappears after order is placed and all of their 20 dollar games go out of stock
Scumbag EB

Did you order the Vita card online? Should be able to email them and cancel if it hasn't shipped out!

Thinking I could get the coaches gig for NZ. What a pack of fucking muppets.

"The meeting was a review of the one-day series, but I didn't mention ... whether that was one form, two forms or three forms [that would be changed]. I alluded to the fact that I would be making a recommendation to make change to the leadership. I'm unsure how Ross felt regarding that discussion. I certainly regret if he felt that that was in relation to the Test side. The review was following the one-day series."
"As soon as we returned to New Zealand, I advised Ross that the recommendation had been placed with the board and I would like him to remain on as captain of the Test side and to share the load and for Brendon McCullum to be captain of the one-day and T20 Black Caps sides," Hesson said.

As soon as the team returned to New Zealand? So, in other words, only after Taylor had scored a match-winning 142 and 74 in Colombo, where he led New Zealand to their first Test victory in Sri Lanka since 1998. It's easy to imagine how Taylor felt. If he'd spent the Test series thinking he was to be removed as Test captain, a post-tour offer to stay on might have felt a little insincere.

Omikron

Character development?

My little turd of a player won't sign a new contract without a ridiculously low release clause. This after I save him from his tin pot home country of Croatia and put him almost immediately into the first team where he blossoms as a player. Ending up in the top 6-7 of the scoring charts for the latest season (his 3rd at 19 in the league).

I want to throttle his agent. Throttle.

Welcome to FM13.

Yagharek

Character development?

My little turd of a player won't sign a new contract without a ridiculously low release clause. This after I save him from his tin pot home country of Croatia and put him almost immediately into the first team where he blossoms as a player. Ending up in the top 6-7 of the scoring charts for the latest season (his 3rd at 19 in the league).

Welcome to FM13.

Sell him to Liverpool

Character development?

Welcome to FM13.

Put him on the bench for the rest of his natural life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom