• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

Loved SG1 and Atlantis, but I absolutely loathed universe (sat through it as my gf wanted to see it through), apart from the lead scientist (the guy you weren't really meant to like) I wished they would just kill everyone off and start over, thankfully my wish was realised to a degree.

Yagharek

I thought Universe was fantastic. Characters you were meant to hate (eg Greer and Hamish Macbeth) had some strong redeeming qualities and others you were meant to be sympathetic to often fucked things up for everyone else.

It was a throw back to the SG1 days before they got overpowered with free Asgard ships and the Goa'uld were still a menace rather than a neutered pup. Universe focussed more on survival, learning and isolation, and was a far stronger setup than Atlantis in those respects.

I'm just gutted it never got any resolution.

Loved SG1 and Atlantis, but I absolutely loathed universe (sat through it as my gf wanted to see it through), apart from the lead scientist (the guy you weren't really meant to like) I wished they would just kill everyone off and start over, thankfully my wish was realised to a degree.

I loved SG1, Atlantis less so but still enjoyed it. I couldn't watch Universe. Horrific.

jambo

I thought Universe was fantastic. Characters you were meant to hate (eg Greer and Hamish Macbeth) had some strong redeeming qualities and others you were meant to be sympathetic to often fucked things up for everyone else.

It was a throw back to the SG1 days before they got overpowered with free Asgard ships and the Goa'uld were still a menace rather than a neutered pup. Universe focussed more on survival, learning and isolation, and was a far stronger setup than Atlantis in those respects.

I'm just gutted it never got any resolution.

It wasn't a throw back to SG-1, it was Battlestargate Universe Galactica.

jambo

Markot is that you?

I'm a huge Star Trek fan, but I just don't like Voyager any more. They ruined the Borg and the only characters that I really liked were The Doctor, Seven of Nine and Tuvok. Everyone else was either forgettable or annoying (Neelix some what grew on me, but Kes was just bad).

I tried watching the new BSG, but some of the acting was just so bad that I could never get in to it and I don't think it helped that a few of my friends talked it up as being the best thing ever.

I watched the first season of Universe and just didn't like it at all. Suddenly Stargate was serious with the dramatic camera work and hardly any good fun humour (e.g. Window of Opportunity). It wasn't a direction I wanted the Stargate universe (heh) to go in.

And Red Dwarf is fucking awesome, even the new series had me laughing so much.

Omikron

Oh wait, Universe was the one with Robert Carlyle?

I totally watched the shit out of that for the first couple seasons, wasn't bad, oh, until it got canned and I forgot about it.

Yagharek

Oh wait, Universe was the one with Robert Carlyle?

I totally watched the shit out of that for the first couple seasons, wasn't bad, oh, until it got canned and I forgot about it.

It only had two seasons.

And yes, as I said, it had hamish macbeth in it.

Yagharek

Eh I still think that Vita price was a steal from EB. Will games off OzGameshop work perfectly with no problems?

As far as I understand, if they are EU/PAL versions you will be fine and can access DLC from the Aus/EU PSN store.

If you buy US games then you can still play the game but will not be able to play any DLC unless you have another memory card and a US account.

Someone with more time with Vita will be able to provide more details but thats my understanding of it.

As far as I understand, if they are EU/PAL versions you will be fine and can access DLC from the Aus/EU PSN store.

If you buy US games then you can still play the game but will not be able to play any DLC unless you have another memory card and a US account.

Someone with more time with Vita will be able to provide more details but thats my understanding of it.

Yeah thats right as far as I understand

Dead Man

Apple Maps strands motorists looking for Mildura

Police have warned that Apple's glitch-filled Maps app could get someone killed, after motorists looking for the Victorian city of Mildura were instead guided to a wilderness area.

Victoria Police say that in the past two months they have rescued six people who were lost in the Murray Sunset National Park while trying to get to Mildura - more than 70km away.
Just woeful.

senahorse

222004_527479323948192_700011700_n-1.jpg

The further I progress with Far Cry 3 the more I slide towards actively disliking it

I'm not hating it but I definitely see where you're coming from. If it wasn't for daggering people over and over I think I would have given the game up. It's getting fairly repetitive.

And I have no interests in the side tasks, with the exception of "here's a rocket launcher, go nuts." Hunting is boring. And I wouldn't have done it all if I didn't want to carry more weapons. Crafting items is pretty useless. Especially medicine. Why make syringes when I can heal myself in only slightly longer? Pointless.

I will say having worked out an elaborate plan only for it to be completely cast aside when a stray tiger appears is kind of cool. Frustrating but keeps you on your toes

markot

Banned
Kogan products are terrible though. My brother and I got my sister a 50 inch Kogan for her bday, light leakage, terrible speakers and poor build quality.... My brother bought a Kogan vacuum too and it stopped working after a month...

Also wii u lag and loading times is pretty bad. But the rest of the system is great.
Far cry is a terrible series of constant disappoint. Less of a polished turd and more of a shifty shit stained and ingrained diamond.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Kogan products are terrible though. My brother and I got my sister a 50 inch Kogan for her bday, light leakage, terrible speakers and poor build quality.... My brother bought a Kogan vacuum too and it stopped working after a month...

Also wii u lag and loading times is pretty bad. But the rest of the system is great.

lag? how so?

Yagharek

Far cry is a terrible series of constant disappoint. Less of a polished turd and more of a shifty shit stained and ingrained diamond.

I would argue you are being generous. Apart from graphics I haven't seen anything worthwhile in the far cry games I played.

markot

Banned
I would argue you are being generous. Apart from graphics I haven't seen anything worthwhile in the far cry games I played.
I liked 2... Then the shit kept hitting me. Re spawn, getting chased all over the place. It had great scenery and settings and crap, I even thought the malaria thing was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom