• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

Man setting up an SSD can be a pain in the ass, worth it though. PC is so smooth now and i don't have to deal with a loud ass 7200rpm drive anymore.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Man setting up an SSD can be a pain in the ass, worth it though. PC is so smooth now and i don't have to deal with a loud ass 7200rpm drive anymore.

What did you need to set up? There's nothing that really needs to be changed, Unless you had to update the firmware.

Echoplx

What did you need to set up? There's nothing that really needs to be changed, Unless you had to update the firmware.

Getting rid of hibernation file, drive indexing, prefetching/superfetching etc. not really required but helps free up and space and makes sure windows isn't doing things that are unnecessary on an ssd.

I'm still tying to work out if over provisioning is worth it or not >.>

jambo

AusGAF at PAXAus 2013

jambo
Kritz
Stackboy
Megadrive
Shaneus
BananaArnie
Rahk
reptilescorpio
r1chard
Clipper

For those that have already bought tickets, I've set up one of those Google form things so we can keep everyone's data of which days you are going and stuff. That will make it a lot easier to choose the dates we'll have to select from when we do our inevitable meetup.

Click here to fill in the form.

Rlan

I wound up going to bed just after I posted that, woke up around 5:30 or so... apologies :(

The price itself... pretty fucking good. But without a game or memory card (which is around $70 on top of that) it means it's pretty much not worth my time. Hopefully you get some value out of it though!

PS. I have my PAX 3 day ticket :)

PPS. Fuck being sick. Seriously. Fucking annoying.

PPPS. Because rlan's not doing his job properly:
vujxp.png

A9ffXRzCQAEA4dQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/PAXAus/status/276935493105631232

EXCLUSIVE!

Also I'm going, and not working at the booth :p

r1chard

Argh, I just want to hang in the GODUS thread to read about updates and discuss the game and all the fucking posts by people wanting the game to fail and Molyneux to fail are really getting me fucking down.

Clipper

For those that have already bought tickets, I've set up one of those Google form things so we can keep everyone's data of which days you are going and stuff. That will make it a lot easier to choose the dates we'll have to select from when we do our inevitable meetup.

Click here to fill in the form.

Should have got a card from OzGameShop, $20 cheaper than EB.

No, they're asking you to take the card in, swap it for a more expensive one and pay the difference.

After waiting for Warehouse Robot 3000 to pick his items out of the bin, drop into a post box and send to him.
After waiting for Australia Post to misdeliver it 17 times to that SaneProfessional down the road that orders lots of stuff from JBgames.

Seems strange they don't just amend the order. Process it as a return on the spot if their system doesn't allow partial refunds.

jambo

I never said that it was the right thing to do, I was just clarifying that it wasn't a trade-in. He will get full value for the card, so he'll only have the pay the difference.

=]

jambo

Everyone'd better watch out tomorrow!

http://www.news.com.au/technology/b...-before-12122012/story-e6frfrnr-1226534363930

BEFORE you leave the office tonight, back up anything important on a USB stick.

That's the advice of astrologist Jessica Adams, who told news.com.au that tomorrow's date of 12.12.2012, will spell global disaster for the internet and media world.

"On 12.12.12 the world is feeling the impact of a stressful pattern between Mercury, the planet which rules the media, and Neptune, the planet that rules leaks (like Wikileaks) and also flooded computer networks," said Adams.

Just how this disaster and chaos will play out is anyone's guess, but Adams said it pays to be prepared.

But the news isn't all bad because tomorrow's date is significant for other reasons too. For one thing it is the last time we will see those numbers in our lifetime. There will also be plenty of weddings as many people believe the synchronicity of the date is an indication of prosperity and longevity.

However, the reprieve will be short-lived. Adams said the chaos is predicted to return on 21.12.2012. Yep – that's the same date the Mayan calendar has predicted the end of the world.

"On 21.12.12 Jupiter in Gemini (which rules the media) is in a critical pattern. That is also the day Anonymous threaten to attack some internet platforms," said Adams.

Batten down the hatches and start saving those photos, everyone.

:lol

Rep what was that NZB indexer you were going to tell us about?

Balls. I forgot to post about it last night, too damn productive.

It isn't an indexer, just a search engine like MysterBin was. I don't see many indexers like NZB sticking around if they are going to get hit with big takedown notices like NZB did. At least with a search engine they are covered.

I'll post it when I get home. Really great results with it. Downloaded 40GB on Saturday with no failures thankfully.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Turning into an expensive month ;_; wiiu, kitten and now I have to get an mri and possibly surgery on my wrist that I fell on a month ago. Anyone want to buy a 3ds and 5 games? Ntsc

Balls. I forgot to post about it last night, too damn productive.

It isn't an indexer, just a search engine like MysterBin was. I don't see many indexers like NZB sticking around if they are going to get hit with big takedown notices like NZB did. At least with a search engine they are covered.

I'll post it when I get home. Really great results with it. Downloaded 40GB on Saturday with no failures thankfully.

You're a good man and i appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom