• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Haha, I love the way you put that, gave me a good laugh.

I was diagnosed with ADD, but that was well before ADHD was a thing. It is a prick, I'd have no idea how to demonstrate that. Maybe "here's a slightly challenging math equation, now solve it while a bunch of people yell random distracting things and while we flash distracting images over the top of the equation to make it hard to concentrate".

Depressed people can be arseholes too.

Yup.

The one thing I did quite like about the PS4 is the 3.5mm controller, which (I assume) could be for custom sounds in games if you're playing multiplayer. My guess is, they do that thing where a 3D TV displays two different pictures to two different people and has two different audio streams going through the headphone jack. Or it's just so you can play games with headphones without needing to fuck around too much.
A pair of headphones will come in the box with a PS4 too.

I didn't realize Killzone is a PS4 launch game. Well that system is impressing me now if launch games look like that.
Certainly looks good for a launch title.

BRB, going to play Perfect Dark Zero.

Omni

Are you referring to the Surface Pro with the Wacom pen? If so it's not out here yet. If you want the RT, JB sell them.

Naa - I didn't even know about that one, haha - was just referring to the RT model with the keyboard.

Will check out JB tomorrow then I think. Haven't been there for ages

Naa - I didn't even know about that one, haha - was just referring to the RT model with the keyboard.

Will check out JB tomorrow then I think. Haven't been there for ages

I've been using mine for typing out of the office and its pimp. Having office on board and being able to sync everything up is a revolution for me. The cover keypad thing is cool, but I semi wish I splurged on the one with actual buttons.

So when are we expecting a Durango unveiling then? Before E3?

WHY IS THERE AN XBOX UPDATE? I JUST WANT TO PLAY DEAD SPACE YOU BASTARDS. THATS IT I'M PRE-ORDERING A PS4 IN RETALIATION

Awww get fucked Jase! Gotta get your snack on! Especially if it was going to be a hilarious Wonderbook event!
Eat? Yes! Discuss? Gedthufuggouddahere!

Considering the 300 pound rumour seemed to be pretty solid I would guess $400USD in the US (maybe even $450 like you guessed), $500AUD here. Won't be more than $600AUD here, Aussie dollar is high and Sony know they need to get this thing rolling into as many homes as possible to avoid missing out on taking advantage of the weak WiiU reception.
I'd be very surprised if it were under $500. Those poor ships/planes gotta get compensated. Plus, because we're an island, they have to specially treat our consoles with... stuff... so that it doesn't... rust?

What WAS weird was they needed to get 4 guys from Bungie all the way to the event, put them up on stage, and then only have one of the guys talking. What were the other 3 for?
You always gotta be in squad formation, dude.

Hmm, Killzone 4 will be 1080p. Means if I buy a PS4 I really need to buy a new TV since my 50inch LG is only 1366x768.

Better be under $500 Sony!

EDIT: We need that special drop bear repellent Jase! Costs $50 a can, made of drongo piss!

I know but this one is kinda still working! Can only run one HDMI cable at a time :/

Not any worse than Square-Enix rolling a guy out just to say "we're going to show something at E3".

lol kept forgetting to mention that. What a fucking waste of time for all involved.

Not shocked though, typical Squenix. Shoulda gotten some Squeidos guys up on stage to bring the awesome

SLEEPY DAWGS 2 MOTHER FUCKING PORK BUN IN YOUR MOTHER RUSSIAN OR SOMETHING

I guess getting to catch the latest episode of Iwata-sama Presents: Some Games You'll Probably Never Get to Play is some kind of consolation for not getting to see the PlayStation thing live.

Not shocked though, typical Squenix. Shoulda gotten some Squeidos guys up on stage to bring the awesome

I'd say their console side has been a mess this past gen but they've barely put out anything they actually developed outside of the Final Fantasy XIII games. Outside of publishing stuff they've been virtually absent. Versus XIII has been an amusing farce.

They've been absolutely fantastic in the handheld space though.

Shaneus

Not any worse than Square-Enix rolling a guy out just to say "we're going to show something at E3".
I bet it's a JRPG.

I'd applaud the fuck out of them if they showed something like Just Cause 3. Imagine THAT on next gen. Fuuuu.

Haha, I love the way you put that, gave me a good laugh.

I was diagnosed with ADD, but that was well before ADHD was a thing, I'd assume they're the same anyway. It is a prick, I'd have no idea how to demonstrate that. Maybe "here's a slightly challenging math equation, now solve it while a bunch of people yell random distracting things and while we flash distracting images over the top of the equation to make it hard to concentrate".

Depression Quest would fit in well as depression commonly pairs up with ADD/ADHD, as does drug abuse.
Yeah, they're the same thing. But I just recognised a SHITLOAD of the behaviour (though not necessarily with the same outcome all the time... I guess a benefit of it is being able to focus on something else quickly whenever your brain decides to) and stunned me a little (now thinking that I've gone through more than one period of my life where I could have been diagnosed as officially "depressed"). The situation of the main character leading up to the first meeting with the therapist and the medication etc. as well as how he took to telling people was a carbon copy of the feelings I went through when getting diagnosed (and coping) with ADHD.

Thanks for posting that, seriously. I was going to come in here and be all "Hey, I clocked that depression game! Wasn't so hard at all. Pussies." but it gave me a good insight into it to the point where I realised I mostly think like someone with that condition, but have the fortunate ability to break that spiral a LOT earlier than people with issues do. As in, within a few seconds before it stretches out into hours or days.

Like the story said, one of the biggest things common in depression that I found with ADHD was that once you can put a name to it and have gotten over that mountain of confronting it/confiding in someone about it, you take a ridiculous amount of pressure off yourself. Knowing that now, I'm a lot more open with my feelings in general to pretty much everyone I'm close to, because I've seen the benefit or not. Sure, I feel frustrated that it took me this long to get help, but I look at the bright side and figure that if I didn't find out what it was at all, I'd still be wondering and would still have work and social issues.

Hm. There ya go.

So, how about that PS4, eh?

I didn't realize Killzone is a PS4 launch game. Well that system is impressing me now if launch games look like that.

Yep. GG said they were very nervous when Sony told them they wanted KZ SF for PS4 launch. Also, it's not KZ4 as Shadow Fall is a prequel.

Also, day one buy! From the gameplay it looked like the KZ2 heavy-ness is back. Just waiting for some mp info.

Jintor

Time for Nintendo Direct! I don't expect anything of value to people outside Japan really but another injection of Hype can't hurt that much

Dead Man

I know but this one is kinda still working! Can only run one HDMI cable at a time :/

lol kept forgetting to mention that. What a fucking waste of time for all involved.

SLEEPY DAWGS 2 MOTHER FUCKING PORK BUN IN YOUR MOTHER RUSSIAN OR SOMETHING

Russian Mafia Sleepy Dawgs would be awesome.

Thanks for posting that, seriously. I was going to come in here and be all "Hey, I clocked that depression game! Wasn't so hard at all. Pussies." but it gave me a good insight into it to the point where I realised I mostly think like someone with that condition, but have the fortunate ability to break that spiral a LOT earlier than people with issues do. As in, within a few seconds before it stretches out into hours or days.
I can relate to this.

So.
PS4 does not block used games. It allows them.
PS4 does not require you to be always online. It allows you to be without internet.

This will be interesting for Durango.

I'd say their console side has been a mess this past gen but they've barely put out anything they actually developed outside of the Final Fantasy XIII games. Outside of publishing stuff they've been virtually absent. Versus XIII has been an amusing farce.

They've been absolutely fantastic in the handheld space though.
Agreed.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY FIRE EMBLEM?!?

:((((((((

I bet it's a JRPG.

I'd applaud the fuck out of them if they showed something like Just Cause 3. Imagine THAT on next gen. Fuuuu.
A part of me thought it would be FF7, since the rest of the event went so well. I was hoping they wouldn't just go, "Hey! New console! We should do something! Well, give me until the next big event and I'll think of something to blurt out and then force the team to make!"

Also that is Squeidos!

Also a friend of mine killed herself after finding out she was bipolar. That first big reveal to people can be fucking huge and jarring. The most important thing is to get people around you to support each other as often as possible in times like that.

Shaneus

Also a friend of mine killed herself after finding out she was bipolar. That first big reveal to people can be fucking huge and jarring. The most important thing is to get people around you to support each other as often as possible in times like that.
Fuck, I'm sorry man. In my case, it was the leading up to it that almost gave me a heart attack. Poor girl :( Can I ask how old she was when she found out?

Fuck, I'm sorry man. In my case, it was the leading up to it that almost gave me a heart attack. Poor girl :( Can I ask how old she was when she found out?

25. Never gave any outward reflection of any issues, known her for years and she was the most bubbly, happy go lucky person I have ever met. Problems just rolled off her back and was the easiest person to get along with I know.

Never can tell though, what people go through in their heads. Because she hadn't let anyone onto it for her whole life once she was diagnosed it was all a bit too much for her and she couldn't reach out to anyone and talk about it. I had dropped out of her life a few years ago once I met my wife and had a baby and moved town, obviously.

Morale of the story: talk to people!

Danoss

Yeah, they're the same thing. But I just recognised a SHITLOAD of the behaviour (though not necessarily with the same outcome all the time... I guess a benefit of it is being able to focus on something else quickly whenever your brain decides to) and stunned me a little (now thinking that I've gone through more than one period of my life where I could have been diagnosed as officially "depressed"). The situation of the main character leading up to the first meeting with the therapist and the medication etc. as well as how he took to telling people was a carbon copy of the feelings I went through when getting diagnosed (and coping) with ADHD.

Like the story said, one of the biggest things common in depression that I found with ADHD was that once you can put a name to it and have gotten over that mountain of confronting it/confiding in someone about it, you take a ridiculous amount of pressure off yourself. Knowing that now, I'm a lot more open with my feelings in general to pretty much everyone I'm close to, because I've seen the benefit or not. Sure, I feel frustrated that it took me this long to get help, but I look at the bright side and figure that if I didn't find out what it was at all, I'd still be wondering and would still have work and social issues.

You're dead on. It is so much easier to deal with issues like this once you know what they are. Being able to identify the triggers which start that nasty descent is so very important, you have to be able to nip that in the bud because that slope can be very steep once you're on it; for me it is at least.

I'm not interested in medication to treat any of these things, I've taken some since I was young until well into high school and I don't like them at all. I don't feel like 'me' when I'm on them, I don't know if that makes sense to anyone. I think as long as you're not in any way hurting anyone, including yourself, unless it is really crippling, then it's best to deal with things with nothing more than assistance from a trained professional and your friends. Friends that understand is so important, it makes such an enormous difference. It's good you have people you can discuss that with, it's so helpful.

I recently caught up with a friend I hadn't seen in a while, and we haven't even known eachother for that long but we just click and it's great. Anyway, when we caught up she told me she was recently diagnosed with ADHD. We talked about it for ages after that. It was amazing how closely aspects of our lives mirrored each-other; depression, drug abuse, reclusion and so on. It felt so good to talk with someone else about it who understands because they've been through exactly the same shit.

There has not been a more liberating moment until then. Even though I've known for years what's wrong with me, it's great to hear it out loud and coming from someone else you know. I've never had that; shrinks are one thing, this is another. It's like "you know all that shit that's wrong with you, what you've experienced, how you feel about it and yourself? It's all normal, you're not alone, and it's okay."

It was a relief to hear that I'm not the only one that used to get high all the time just to stop my brain going a mile a minute. It was nice to just have a clear train of thought for just a little while. I knew ADHD sufferers commonly used drugs, but I'd never read or heard why or spoken to anyone about it until then. Even having this seemingly little thing echoed back was somehow good to hear from someone else. There were a bunch of other little things that came up and I previously thought they were little quirks or character flaws of mine, nope, not alone in those things either.

I wish the mental health stuff in this country was so much better than it is currently. It seems to be getting more exposure which is good, but I'm not so sure about the availability and cost unless you're classed as a youth. I want to go back and have some ongoing treatment, but I fear the cost. I believe 12 sessions are free, but that's not enough because this shit just doesn't go away. Ever.

I'm sorry, I've turned this around and made it all about me, it looks pretty disjointed too. It's all pretty serious stuff though and I'm glad there seems to be momentum to bring it out in the open. No one should have to suffer in silence or feel ashamed, because the end result can be very ugly indeed.

Shaneus

You're dead on. It is so much easier to deal with issues like this once you know what they are. Being able to identify the triggers which start that nasty descent is so very important, you have to be able to nip that in the bud because that slope can be very steep once you're on it; for me it is at least.

I'm not interested in medication to treat any of these things, I've taken some since I was young until well into high school and I don't like them at all. I don't feel like 'me' when I'm on them, I don't know if that makes sense to anyone. I think as long as you're not in any way hurting anyone, including yourself, unless it is really crippling, then it's best to deal with things with nothing more than assistance from a trained professional and your friends. Friends that understand is so important, it makes such an enormous difference. It's good you have people you can discuss that with, it's so helpful.

I recently caught up with a friend I hadn't seen in a while, and we haven't even known eachother for that long but we just click and it's great. Anyway, when we caught up she told me she was recently diagnosed with ADHD. We talked about it for ages after that. It was amazing how closely aspects of our lives mirrored each-other; depression, drug abuse, reclusion and so on. It felt so good to talk with someone else about it who understands because they've been through exactly the same shit.

There has not been a more liberating moment until then. Even though I've known for years what's wrong with me, it's great to hear it out loud and coming from someone else you know. I've never had that; shrinks are one thing, this is another. It's like "you know all that shit that's wrong with you, what you've experienced, how you feel about it and yourself? It's all normal, you're not alone, and it's okay."

It was a relief to hear that I'm not the only one that used to get high all the time just to stop my brain going a mile a minute. It was nice to just have a clear train of thought for just a little while. I knew ADHD sufferers commonly used drugs, but I'd never read or heard why or spoken to anyone about it until then. Even having this seemingly little thing echoed back was somehow good to hear from someone else. There were a bunch of other little things that came up and I previously thought they were little quirks or character flaws of mine, nope, not alone in those things either.

I wish the mental health stuff in this country was so much better than it is currently. It seems to be getting more exposure which is good, but I'm not so sure about the availability and cost unless you're classed as a youth. I want to go back and have some ongoing treatment, but I fear the cost. I believe 12 sessions are free, but that's not enough because this shit just doesn't go away. Ever.

I'm sorry, I've turned this around and made it all about me, it looks pretty disjointed too. It's all pretty serious stuff though and I'm glad there seems to be momentum to bring it out in the open. No one should have to suffer in silence or feel ashamed, because the end result can be very ugly indeed.
Fuck that, man. Don't apologise. Just don't let it happen again.
;) I shouldn't joke, I'm sorry. I just never pass up the opportunity to be a shit cunt once every so often, just for laughs :)

It's interesting you mention the drugs thing. One thing I noticed was that (big secret here) when I tried coke (I think only twice, maybe three times?) I never got the buzz everyone else did, just this ridiculous sense of clarity. No feeling like king shit or an arrogant bastard or whatever, just kinda normal. It was one of the things that kinda pushed me to get officially diag'd, because I worked out that it has a similar affect on my brain as the ADHD medication does (in the dopamine sense). Needless to say, once I did get the diagnosis and got started on medication, I pretty much stopped going out and partying every second weekend and I think for all of last year (it was the year prior I found out) I used illegal drugs three times (down from maybe an average of perhaps 15-20, at least once a month at least).

It might be a difference b/w depression and ADHD, or maybe even just a difference between the two of us, but I honestly don't think I could get by without dex. Outside of work, almost certainly... but my social life and capacity to learn (hell, and even read a book) would require a fuckton more effort. I was really scraping by through work and it was a wonder I hadn't lost my job already. It sounds weird but I know that with what I'm on, it doesn't change me at all, it just changes my ability to process things at a speed which is more comfortable and cut that fucking spiral short. I'm not quite there yet and I still have a bit to go (shit, I should've been in bed an hour ago) but I'm getting there better than I ever have before.

PS. If ever you feel like you're posting to no-one on this thread (and you shouldn't, because you aren't and people do listen... but I know it can be difficult to think otherwise) shoot me a PM anytime. Just don't get let down if I don't respond within a day or so. It can often take me that long to find the time to nut out a proper response, rather than just shitting something generic out with no real feeling or intention behind it. That, and I have ADHD... I occasionally drop the ball once every so often ;)

Omni

I've been using mine for typing out of the office and its pimp. Having office on board and being able to sync everything up is a revolution for me. The cover keypad thing is cool, but I semi wish I splurged on the one with actual buttons.

So when are we expecting a Durango unveiling then? Before E3?

WHY IS THERE AN XBOX UPDATE? I JUST WANT TO PLAY DEAD SPACE YOU BASTARDS. THATS IT I'M PRE-ORDERING A PS4 IN RETALIATION

Oh? Do you think that I should go with the actual keyboard with buttons instead of the touch one? I'll be doing a fair bit of writing I think.

I saw this in gaming
New York Times:
New features cannot hide the fact that PlayStation 4 is still a console, a way of playing games on compact discs that was cool when cellphones were not smart.

And it got me thinking. Microsoft are going to release a social media-entertainment-gaming hub that GAF will hate. And it will go ballistic. Like iPad ballistic.

Especially I'd they can offload them cheap with subscriptions and the sub gets you cool stuff. Like tv shows, and Xbox music (so spotify) as well as gaming. GAF will hate it. Joe Public will lose their minds

Edit:
Oh? Do you think that I should go with the actual keyboard with buttons instead of the touch one? I'll be doing a fair bit of writing I think.

The touch one is really good, but I hit buttons too softly fairly often. If you can though I'd try the other one out

I think the wife is going to kill me if I don't buy a quieter keyboard :/

Also lol could be a ban

I saw this in gaming

And it got me thinking. Microsoft are going to release a social media-entertainment-gaming hub that GAF will hate. And it will go ballistic. Like iPad ballistic.

Especially I'd they can offload them cheap with subscriptions and the sub gets you cool stuff. Like tv shows, and Xbox music (so spotify) as well as gaming. GAF will hate it. Joe Public will lose their minds

Isn't that what Sony showed off today? All the same music/tv/movie streaming as Xbox? Also streaming to your Vita/phone/tablet?

Not to mention all the social stuff.

Danoss

Fuck that, man. Don't apologise. Just don't let it happen again.
;) I shouldn't joke, I'm sorry. I just never pass up the opportunity to be a shit cunt once every so often, just for laughs :)

It's interesting you mention the drugs thing. One thing I noticed was that (big secret here) when I tried coke (I think only twice, maybe three times?) I never got the buzz everyone else did, just this ridiculous sense of clarity. No feeling like king shit or an arrogant bastard or whatever, just kinda normal. It was one of the things that kinda pushed me to get officially diag'd, because I worked out that it has a similar affect on my brain as the ADHD medication does (in the dopamine sense). Needless to say, once I did get the diagnosis and got started on medication, I pretty much stopped going out and partying every second weekend and I think for all of last year (it was the year prior I found out) I used illegal drugs three times (down from maybe an average of perhaps 15-20, at least once a month at least).

It might be a difference b/w depression and ADHD, or maybe even just a difference between the two of us, but I honestly don't think I could get by without dex. Outside of work, almost certainly... but my social life and capacity to learn (hell, and even read a book) would require a fuckton more effort. I was really scraping by through work and it was a wonder I hadn't lost my job already. It sounds weird but I know that with what I'm on, it doesn't change me at all, it just changes my ability to process things at a speed which is more comfortable and cut that fucking spiral short. I'm not quite there yet and I still have a bit to go (shit, I should've been in bed an hour ago) but I'm getting there better than I ever have before.

PS. If ever you feel like you're posting to no-one on this thread (and you shouldn't, because you aren't and people do listen... but I know it can be difficult to think otherwise) shoot me a PM anytime. Just don't get let down if I don't respond within a day or so. It can often take me that long to find the time to nut out a proper response, rather than just shitting something generic out with no real feeling or intention behind it. That, and I have ADHD... I occasionally drop the ball once every so often ;)

Jokes are cool man, I've totally accepted my disorder. If I can't laugh about it at this stage, there are bigger problems. :)

That was one reason I never did speed when mates were doing it. I didn't want to go that far and plus I thought it'd be almost like taking medication, kinda like what you described. The most I ever did was weed, but I did it all the time. If I wasn't at work or on my way to or from work, I was probably high at the time. I eventually stopped smoking it not for ADD related reasons, but because of the people drugs usually attract. Because I was doing it so often, I always had some, so people would always be around. I wondered what would happen if I stopped buying it. Immediately, I stopped seeing them. Never saw them again either. You quickly learn who your friends are (it's balls hard trying to find new friends though, I'm currently on the forth time around and it doesn't get any easier).

That was back in '02 and I haven't touched weed since, but alcohol became the substitute real fast. After a blood test for an unrelated reason a few years ago, my GP told me to stop drinking immediately because I was tanking my liver. I only have the occasional drink now, maybe a few times a year at most. I've quit smoking tobacco too for well over 3 years now, that got to the point where I couldn't even take a drag without coughing up a lung. Not a good track record really, but it looks like I got there in the end, and it could have been a lot worse.

I think we're probably the same in regards to the ADHD prescriptions. Dex is one, and there are a few others out there too. I know I could focus a whole lot more if I was taking them, and everything would be a whole lot better with them. I just didn't like taking them when I was on them many years ago, I couldn't even elaborate any more than not feeling like myself, it's been so long. I know that's really dumb and I should probably look into that option again.

I love reading and doing creative things, but the times when my brain naturally allows me to do those things come and go. Calling it frustrating doesn't even seem to come close. The last time I opened a book was 10 days ago, it's sitting right next to me, but I just can't open it back up again. It's one of those phases where my brain is just on one of those never-ending tangents.

The creative side of me so rarely comes out these days, it feels like it's almost completely gone and that alone is depressing. When I smoked weed all those years ago, the creative stuff would come out so easily, I would have a laser like focus on it where photography and writing felt like second nature to me. I miss not being able to do that stuff so much. Currently my photography stinks so bad that I haven't even really tried for the longest time. I've been trying to organise the AusGAF Roleplaying thing, and even that is an uphill battle, I've barely made any progress (I'm really sorry). Picking up some weed again has crossed my mind, but I know I'll never go there again. You're probably right that prescription meds are worth a look again, as much as I don't like the thought.

Thanks for sharing man, it really is a big help. And thanks for the offer, it is very much appreciated. That last paragraph above is an absolute mess, but I can't do much of a job fixing it so it'll stay as-is.

hamchan

Rewatching Sony Conference with Giant Bomb commentary because I'm bored. Second time around the PS4 is seeming more and more awesome to me. Maybe it's just Mark Cerny's enthusiasm rubbing off on me this time.

I saw this in gaming

GAF will hate it so so much. People around here, for all their love of the shiny and new, are surprisingly hostile to change. I for one hope the Xbox 3 reveal is 75% social, entertainment or non-game stuff, 20% Kinect 2.0 and the stuff GAF wants relegated to a five minute sizzle reel. For the lulz, you understand.

Isn't that what Sony showed off today? All the same music/tv/movie streaming as Xbox? Also streaming to your Vita/phone/tablet?

Not to mention all the social stuff.
Call me an antisocial doomsayer, but I cannot imagine the PS4 social features being used by anyone but the most defensive of the Sony Defense Force and even then, it won't be as cool as those people think it is. I don't need to watch vids of people being jerks online or their auto-tweets spamming up my feed.

Basically, I think those social features announced will be like Playstation Home, only more inane and awkward.

They *are* taking a step in the right direction with Gaikai, though.

Are we taking bets on how much the PS4 is gonna cost down here? 899 bucks anyone?
$799.95

The exchange rate isn't nearly as awful as it was back in '06. We'll still get gouged, don't get me wrong, but it will be more gentle this time around.

The social network is more aimed at connecting with your friends in games, rather than strangers being racist.

lol

Australia will spend between $2 billion and $3 billion on the unmanned planes, which carry a powerful 360-degree radar and numerous other sensors, including infra-red and optical cameras and advanced target tracking systems.

Each jet-powered aircraft costs about $100 million, weighs 14.6 tonnes, has a 40m wingspan and can cruise up to 20,000m high for 28 hours or more

wut

Australia has a serious gap in its defence against timber refugee boats because over-the-horizon radar can't pick them up and current ship and aircraft radars have limited range.

also lol at wording

Yosp already told Eurogamer that they wouldn't block used games.
May want to read the article. Like I said, they could be reading something into it, or Sony may be waiting for Microsoft to make the first move, or it might just play used games (I expect it will, but Sony will try to charge if they can).

Another reporter asked again: Used games will work on PS4, correct?

“We have to really name our system and services for that, to be able to explain more about it,” Yoshida told the room.

This is the statement Sony gave Game Informer, in a story also released today:

“We are just now announcing the basic vision and strategy of PS4 and will have more information to share regarding used games later this year. But PlayStation has a long history of keeping its gamers happy and we won’t make decisions that damage our relationship with them.”

Shaneus

Did you guys see that article I linked to on Twitter? It pretty much nails exactly why I didn't like the PS4 "nonveiling".

Looking at my Twitter feed this morning, it seems that a number of articles are popping up regarding how bland it was. I'm just glad people are able to articulate exactly what I couldn't put my finger on was unsettling about that presentation.

PS. Apologies for that last sentence. It's a bit shit.

PPS. It's a bit wrong, but I received this SMS from a mate last night and I found it quite hilarious. Apologies in advance for how tasteless it is, as clever as it may be:

"Surely Oscar Pistorius can't be the first bloke to wake up legless on Valentine's Day after shooting a load into his girlfriend's face whilst imagining she was someone else?"

Fusebox

Banned
I fucking loved the PS4 conference, I've watched it about 3 times so far lol. Jizzed at the official Vita/PS4 love.

Aaah I can't watch this at work, will have to check it out as soon as I get home.

I've been waiting for the disc swap prompt. Either disc 1 contains most of the game, or they've removed the manual disc swapping requirement on the Vita.

Omikron

Aaah I can't watch this at work, will have to check it out as soon as I get home.

I've been waiting for the disc swap prompt. Either disc 1 contains most of the game, or they've removed the manual disc swapping requirement on the Vita.

Probably the latter.

I played last night up to leaving Corel prison. The Chocobo section was supercharged speed wise, good to see they fixed that for the PC re-release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom