• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
classic mistake. Bought Tomb Raider at work for PC, but as it's a Steam game, I can't play it until the 5th. Boo-urns.

Not like this...not like this!

We'll just stick to our old faithful mate.

cascade-draught__77953.1340695197.1280.1280.png

Broken Michie lifts - so unacceptable.
The lifts at uq are terrifying all over. I would have thought the michie ones would be alright though, didn't the whole building just finish getting renovated?
Despite having met some of you in person I still keep visualising you as your avatars

except for Rahk who I visualise as fred bonaparte from psychonauts
It depends on the poster really. I think it's about half half.

Omni

Just got an email from EB games saying Tomb Raider is out now.... At 11pm? Lol. If only they sent it earlier. Hopefully I have time to pick it up tomorrow

Danoss

I would miss their chutney, but I recently started making my own tomato relish which is far superior.

Just got an email from EB games saying Tomb Raider is out now.... At 11pm? Lol. If only they sent it earlier. Hopefully I have time to pick it up tomorrow

Send them an email saying how you went down there but they were closed. It cost you a fortune in taxis and you returned empty handed and disappointed.

jambo

At Clipsal today, corporate box with food and booze all day...

=D

Will be good to see the new Nissan's and Mercs too

Rain, Rain
Go Away
Come Again
Another Day

Where the fuck is all this sky water coming from? If you're the head of a state/territory that is not Queensland and are missing a fucktonne of water, please contact us ASAP. We have it and don't want it. Pick up only.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
L.A Noire Finished!! - 25 hours later.

Thoughts:

The game wasn't that bad but also not amazing. Yep, that's a pretty well worded sentence. While I dug the overall theme, setting and style, it seemed to fail in some really basic ways. I at least enjoyed that it attempted something we don't really see with open world games, it tried something new.

The world, While nice was just way too large. You never really were given the opportunity to explore it so it mostly just felt wasted. It's what open world games did this gen for some reason, Lets give you this giant map but 99% of it is just fucking worthless.

While the game was mostly story driven, I feel that a smaller map and more freedom could have helped with the overall feel and enjoyment of the game. You're a detective and while most of the street stuff was idiotic, a smaller map, more buildings and maybe even more side missions that require real investigative work would have been more enjoyable.

Although .. The investigate work wasn't all that great either. The fact that it was so repetitive didn't help for the insanely long ass game that it was. The Truth, Doubt and Lie section of interviews was a nice touch but really required the facial stuff to really work and sometimes it did, Other times it just felt really awkward and just out of place.

I do feel that the game might have been more suited to an episodic release. The repetitive nature of everything and the fact it went on so fucking long made it a bit of a struggle to get through.

Overall, 2.5 - 3 out of 5 cookies.

Certainly wasn't bad for $7.50.

Onto the next game.

Rain, Rain
Go Away
Come Again
Another Day

Where the fuck is all this sky water coming from? If you're the head of a state/territory that is not Queensland and are missing a fucktonne of water, please contact us ASAP. We have it and don't want it. Pick up only.

I kinda like it. Its conducive to studying. And its a great excuse for hot chocolate.

Though it is making washing really annoying. Let me dry my clothes damn it!

Omni

Send them an email saying how you went down there but they were closed. It cost you a fortune in taxis and you returned empty handed and disappointed.

I tried telling the girl at the counter that and she just laughed :(

But, I gots the game. Can't wait to start playing

rain good, wind bad!

Pretty much. Rain + wind is the worst thing ever. Umbrelllas don't even work :(

I had an interview for a temporary position with Daiso, setting up the Brisbane store. Apparently over 750 people applied @_@ Don't think I got it but really I don't really have time for it anyway. But yeah. They say people are overstating the job shortage, but when that many people apply for a job that is basically just cashiering and stocking at a $2 store I think those complaints are pretty well founded.

I kinda like it. Its conducive to studying. And its a great excuse for hot chocolate.

Though it is making washing really annoying. Let me dry my clothes damn it!
I like the rain, too. But seeing as how we've had far more rainy days than sunny ones over the past couple of months I'm getting a teensy bit over it.

Plus I would like to also be able to do washing and have it be dry the same day.

The rain would help me study too if it wasn't week one therefore giving me nothing to study...
Oh how I envy you. I've got a test on monday and a butt tonne of readings to do. At least they're interesting readings.

I like the rain, too. But seeing as how we've had far more rainy days than sunny ones over the past couple of months I'm getting a teensy bit over it.

Plus I would like to also be able to do washing and have it be dry the same day.

Yeah, we kinda missed out on summer this summer :( Looks like we're in for a cold winter, which I really wouldn't mind except QLD is insane. There is no reason at all to have cold air conditioning on in winter, but no one seems to have told translink, the myer centre or UQ that!

First class is always all about how to use blackboard no matter what level of class it is. Then we're told what we're doing in week 2. Regardless, Economics and Business Law and Ethics will be a bitch to study.

Our Business Law lecturer has a horrible throat impairment from smoking where every second sentence or so causes him to make this horrifying snort for air. It's going to be so hard to focus, he looks so young too.

First class is always all about how to use blackboard no matter what level of class it is. Then we're told what we're doing in week 2. Regardless, Economics and Business Law and Ethics will be a bitch to study.

Our Business Law lecturer has a horrible throat impairment from smoking where every second sentence or so causes him to make this horrifying snort for air. It's going to be so hard to focus, he looks so young too.

Whaaaat. Usually we do introductory stuff for the first 30 minutes maybe and then the rest of the time is spent on an introductory lecture. Except for Korean, in which case work begins as soon as you sit down. First slide of the PPT is new grammar. I love it.

My Chinese history lecturer has a nervous tic where he keeps adding "you know" wherever one might usually say "um". I think yours takes the cake though :(

Nah we get a Week One document that's usually about 12 pages long full of assignment dates and introductory knowledge. The week one lectures are like blackboard stuff and student guild groups telling us that events are happening that could make you study overseas ectectect.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
i was meant to go on a tour to hobbit town today.

the tour bus forgot to pick me up

most fucking depressing day ever

i was so fucking excited to go to the shire.

fcuk dkfjdsaljfhnsafd

Salazar

There is no reason at all to have cold air conditioning on in winter, but no one seems to have told translink, the myer centre or UQ that!

I happen to like it.

Incidentally, that paper you generously came and watched me stumblingly deliver is finally getting published, it seems.

isoquant

Yeah, we kinda missed out on summer this summer :( Looks like we're in for a cold winter, which I really wouldn't mind except QLD is insane. There is no reason at all to have cold air conditioning on in winter, but no one seems to have told translink, the myer centre or UQ that!

It weirds me out for some reason that there are fellow UQers on neogaf.

I'm enjoying the rain. It has given me an excuse to bail on going out tonight, which means I can catch up on work & summer internship applications & everything else going on in my life at the moment. (Who am I kidding, I'll just spend the whole night watching youtube videos).

In actual news, Peter Harvey has died apparently.

hamchan

So that's FFVIII done in around 40 hours. Game was way easier playing now compared to when I was 9 years old. All those old bosses I died at before were pretty much nothing. I think it's because I didn't rely on GFs. I pretty much summoned a GF once the entire game and then realized that their long animations are super boring

Junction system and limit breaks totally breaks the game and the story goes to crazy levels. I also like how the game didn't treat me like an idiot like FFXIII did. No 20 hour tutorial in this one, they kinda just give you a lot to learn with junctioning in a short amount of time. Which is a good thing. Also, when I broke the game and made it super easy it felt like I earned it, unlike FFXIII-2 where I can just press the X button with my eyes closed.and finish the game.

Weakest out of the PS1 FFs but still one of the best JRPGs. Really showed off how weak JRPGs have been this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom