• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

well, you are consenting to meet internet nerds from the internet organised on a video game internet forum on the internet, so lower your standards!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
The F-18 was amazing, loved it when it just pointed straight up and smashed it!

I was at Box 99A on turn 11, was a great spot, some close calls when people would go two wide.
I looked at the map, we were like right behind each other haha :/
Clipsal and Soundwave on the same weekend.

I am so tired.

And I have to return to Uni tomorrow morning...ugh.
I know this feel all too well. Soo sweepy -_-

Gazunta

Archive is good because it's across the road from work :)

And we've had a couple of BrisGAF meetups at the Mana Bar, and I had a good time, so pffft to the naysayers.

Speaking of things and such, anyone here planning on going to Supanova Gold Coast in April?

The Gold Coast one is the worst one. There's less stalls, less people and no names guests. It was much better when it was focused in Brisbane.
EDIT: David Hasselhoff? Adam Baldwin? Do they have nothing to do? Those lines will be massive.

0D0E89B368A6A8C5BEC2666151868974D4E094AB

is the blue looking health bar
its used when you cast skills

edit: ec whats the acronym in your tag mean
also on the topic of tags jintors was better when he was a flaming horse

isoquant

i'm gonna take a stab at economics since an isoquant is a micro thing.

and because usernames say everything about the user!

Haha. No comment.

Archive is brilliant. Except when you accidentally order a $12 pint of ultra-boutique beer.

Mana Bar is pretty bad. I went there once when it opened and it's the size of a cupboard so you're about shoulder to shoulder with every other patron; plus the drinks are exorbitantly expensive. And I'm not going to lie - you feel a certain shame heading out to the Valley on a Saturday night and going to a videogame bar.

Mana Bar is pretty bad. I went there once when it opened and it's the size of a cupboard so you're about shoulder to shoulder with every other patron; plus the drinks are exorbitantly expensive. And I'm not going to lie - you feel a certain shame heading out to the Valley on a Saturday night and going to a videogame bar.

Most small bars in general give off that guilty vibe, it's like you're in a prison cell with booze. Brew in the Brisbane CBD is the only good small bar I know. Fat Louies used to be okay but the more time you spend there the stronger the smell of scum and villainy gets.

Bernbaum

'The Scratch' on Park Road is Brisbane's best small bar and an ideal home for the craft beer drinker. No dress code, no douchebag customers, friendly bar staff, free peanuts and they'll happily let you in with takeaway food or even provide you with plate ware and cutlery if it's quiet.

Archive is great, but the clientele has changed a fair bit since its popularity spiked. It can be a very different kind of bar depending what time of the week you're there.

Brew is great - feels so out of place in the middle of the city and it's worth a visit for their coffee too.

Up the other end of the alley, Super Whatnot is a nice venue but not enough selection for the beer drinker.

Kritz

Banned
You know, I joked about it, but I didn't really expect Ian to make every single example in artificial intelligence based off the Simpsons.

Suddenly I'm really glad I wasted my early childhood watching illegally VCR taped episodes of the Simpsons.

'The Scratch' on Park Road is Brisbane's best small bar and an ideal home for the craft beer drinker. No dress code, no douchebag customers, friendly bar staff, free peanuts and they'll happily let you in with takeaway food or even provide you with plate ware and cutlery if it's quiet.

Archive is great, but the clientele has changed a fair bit since its popularity spiked. It can be a very different kind of bar depending what time of the week you're there.

Brew is great - feels so out of place in the middle of the city and it's worth a visit for their coffee too.

Up the other end of the alley, Super Whatnot is a nice venue but not enough selection for the beer drinker.
I had a $26 Imperial IPA from Scratch the last time I was there. It smelled like oranges and tasted like petrol.

There is such a thing as too much hops.

Rlan

I thoroughly enjoy the James Squire IPA. Such a bizarre taste compared to most beers, even those other IPAs. It's an Indian IPA I think.

Axiom

The last time I was at Mana Bar ended with our group winning trivia, everyone left-over at the end of the night getting constant free shots, my discovering the guy I was talking up De Blob 2 to used to work at Blue Tongue and us all ending up upstairs watching Kenny Vs. Spenny DVDs in a drunken haze after closing.

There were bad things about that experience I won't go into, but I've not really had a 'bad' night at Mana Bar and while, given my best friend is a lady, I've seen manchildren awkwardly doing "Baby's First Flirting" - for the most part it's been completely normal people with a common interest (and sometimes not even that given how non-threatening the patronage tends to be). It's just generally so much friendlier than a typical bar I've seen.

I have my problems with Mana Bar, but none of them have anything to do with the staff and rarely with the clientele.

So, Lowndes is a nice fellow, put up with drunk yobbos yelling at him with aplomb. Didn't seem to drink enough though.
Yeah I haven't heard a bad word about him over the years. Skaife on the other hand...

I had a $26 Imperial IPA from Scratch the last time I was there. It smelled like oranges and tasted like petrol.

There is such a thing as too much hops.
Holy shit, what the hell money bags Bernbaum! I would have to sell my first born to have a few beers in there :/

IPA = Indian Pale Ale.
Hey what are some IPA's that are actually brewed and imported from India? Coz I love IPA and it would be cool to try the OG taste.

XBL Games on Demand sale

Fallout 3, 320 allards ($5)

Max Payne 3 for 320 allards ($5)

Metal Gear Solid 2&3 for 600 allards ($10)

Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker for 320 allards ($5)

Half Life 2, Half Life 2 Episode 1, Half Life 2 Episode 2, Portal & Team Fortress 2 (OG Version) for 600 allards ($10)

Civ Revolution for 600 allards ($10)

Picked up CivRev (awesome awesome adaption of the series), MGS 2,3 & PW, Max Payne 3 and thinking about grabbing Fallout 3 (can't recall if my mate has the GOTY which I could just grab).

Stupidly cheap prices, especially if you can get $1:100 allard cards from eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom