• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Also the Penny Arcade Report review just sounds like the woman hated the series up until now.

http://penny-arcade.com/report/edit...-always-poops-needs-water-and-more-electricit

Previous SimCity games – and many simulation genre titles – can feel a bit like playing a video game version of Microsoft Excel; overwhelming amounts of statistical data, spread across various charts and graphs. SimCity keeps all that in the background so it can focus on making the act of building your city smooth, intuitive and fun.

Insinuating that the previous games weren't fun and were all work =\

Dead Man

Me1303051.jpg

Lol...

:(
ROFL...

Yeah :(

Buy textbooks, don't read them, get good marks.
Pretty much.

While it seems that it has been around for a while, I'm glad I came across Text from Dog.

Might be old, but it is still hilarious.

I liked the SimCity beta. Played it probably five times over the first beta weekend.

But I won't be buying it (plot size, DRM, nickel and diming DLC). A shame, because I think there's a really enjoyable city simulation game in there.

legend166

What's funny is that in another 10 years we'll still only have SimCity 4 because the servers for the new game would have been shut down long ago.

The Ars preview is pretty damning, I don't really care that much that I can't buy it for now.

SimCity impressions: We waited ten years for this?

I'll just stick to SC4.
Aww shit, Choc made it sound awesome.

My stance on not buying it due to always on DRM is vindicated.

http://penny-arcade.com/report/edit...-always-poops-needs-water-and-more-electricit

Previous SimCity games – and many simulation genre titles – can feel a bit like playing a video game version of Microsoft Excel; overwhelming amounts of statistical data, spread across various charts and graphs. SimCity keeps all that in the background so it can focus on making the act of building your city smooth, intuitive and fun.
=\

So Omi would hate it then?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Brutal Legend finished! Steam say about 7 hours worth of game time.

I wasn't all that impressed by it to be honest. The music was great, That's only because i'm a metal head so that was a win, the gameplay felt like it was trying to do a few too many things and never actually pulled any of them off well.

The RTS sections were probably the biggest issue for me. The idea behind it seemed fine to be honest, I guess the implementation about how it all worked was just kinda dull. Controlling your units was also just a pain in the ass half the time, so that ruined the experience.

The world seemed interesting but I couldn't be bothered actually looking through it. I think this is down to the art style, most of the stuff just looked the same and with the world being so dark most of the time, You could barely make out what the fuck was what. So it really put me off actually wanting to cruise around looking for extra bits and pieces.

The combat was fine, just your typical hack n slash with no real depth to it. I certainly wasn't expecting any sort of depth to it anyway so it didn't bother me at all. The vehicle controls were terrible though, god that car sucked.

Overall it was enjoyable with some really iffy moments here and there.

I guess I should give it 2 - 2.5 / 5 cookies.

Pop music.
The same shit for 20 years, just with different synths.

Also.

ALSO GET HYPE FOR NEXT THURSDAY! I'll need to be in Geelong the next day for the wifes surgery so at least I don't need to drive all the way back to Warrnambool now. Will have to arrange a couch to sleep on for that night. Or the tree outside Shaneus' window. Again.

So Tomb Raider guys, was good. What's next....
SimCity? Gears of War -1? FIRE EMBLEM FUCKING FINALLY??

Just saw an dominos ad regarding some game changer will be announced on march 11. The hell is this about?

Probably anchovies in the crust. They say gamechanger all the fucking time.

I... like it! It reminds me of this :p

Holy shit I need a drink.

Yep. Already resigned myself to it.

I really didn't want to have to do it until my son went to school but I pretty much need to find a second job at this point. Just too much money going out in bills to get anywhere.

:(

Aw man :( That sucks. I wonder if you'd be able to do some kind of work from home, or something after he goes to bed? That time you spend with him is probably already limited huh. He can't have long left until he starts kindy though right?

Aw man :( That sucks. I wonder if you'd be able to do some kind of work from home, or something after he goes to bed? That time you spend with him is probably already limited huh. He can't have long left until he starts kindy though right?

Kindy is only like 3 hours a week though, up to 2 days I think. Even Grade 1 they are only 4 days a week I think.

I don't really have any qualifications so no working at home for me. Unless I get a job as a gaems journalist. I hear there is good money in that!

Kindy is only like 3 hours a week though, up to 2 days I think. Even Grade 1 they are only 4 days a week I think.

I don't really have any qualifications so no working at home for me. Unless I get a job as a gaems journalist. I hear there is good money in that!

I somehow got this online teaching job with no qualifications! Don't give up!

senahorse

Maybe stop striving to be most frequent poster on ausgaf and work on some qualifications ;)

Frawdder

Video Game Bargains Analyst

and all the free games and swag

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
ALSO GET HYPE FOR NEXT THURSDAY! I'll need to be in Geelong the next day for the wifes surgery so at least I don't need to drive all the way back to Warrnambool now. Will have to arrange a couch to sleep on for that night. Or the tree outside Shaneus' window. Again.
Give me a PM if you want to meet up, would love to catch up with you!

Danoss

Rugby League starts again in 2 days! It felt like forever, but it's almost that time again.

Only 4 days to go until I get to see Parramatta play (lose) again. And for the first time in too long, there will be three grades of footy to watch!

8kExGo6.png

With these lineups, I think the Eels backrow certainly has their work cut out for them covering the smaller and less experienced player. The Warriors could easily make a meal of them just by attacking the edges.

I know League isn't big among people here, but I'm posting this anyway.

Rugby League starts again in 2 days! It felt like forever, but it's almost that time again.

Only 4 days to go until I get to see Parramatta play (lose) again. And for the first time in too long, there will be three grades of footy to watch!

8kExGo6.png

With these lineups, I think the Eels backrow certainly has their work cut out for them covering the smaller and less experienced player. The Warriors could easily make a meal of them just by attacking the edges.

I know League isn't big among people here, but I'm posting this anyway.

It's been a looooooooooooong off season. I don't remember the last time i have been so bored with the cricket. So excited to have league back.

I think parra might go better than some are expecting but who knows.

ALSO GET HYPE FOR NEXT THURSDAY! I'll need to be in Geelong the next day for the wifes surgery so at least I don't need to drive all the way back to Warrnambool now.
I think I'll be there next Wednesday... that probably doesn't help you at all.

Hey, Laf (or anyone else near Waurn Ponds, for that matter), feel like getting lunch maybe? Not sure what my schedule is looking like either...

Also semi-crosspost from cookingGAF. Made zarusoba with yasai no tempura tonight for dinner. Obligatory homebrewed beer (witbier) in the background:

0JEI2o4m.jpg

Dead Man

I think I'll be there next Wednesday... that probably doesn't help you at all.

Hey, Laf (or anyone else near Waurn Ponds, for that matter), feel like getting lunch maybe? Not sure what my schedule is looking like either...

Also semi-crosspost from cookingGAF. Made zarusoba with yasai no tempura tonight for dinner. Obligatory homebrewed beer (witbier) in the background:

0JEI2o4m.jpg

Damn that looks and sounds amazing.

Danoss

It's been a looooooooooooong off season. I don't remember the last time i have been so bored with the cricket. So excited to have league back.

I think parra might go better than some are expecting but who knows.

I don't even like Cricket, though if the Cricket has been crap then I didn't miss much anyway.

I agree that Parra might go better than people expect. That's not very hard when many expect them to be walked all over and sit on the bottom of the table. They'll be better than last year for sure, and it helps that Stuart has gotten the team to bond; something that Kearney didn't bother to do at all, resulting in the team being split into cliques and some players not talking to one another.

I'm glad Stuart came out and said not to expect miracles, don't even expect top 8, the team has been broken and needs time to bring itself back together. He's right and it's not a quick fix. Now is the perfect time for some of the younger team members to get some much needed experience. I just want to see some gradual improvement. Trial scores aren't indicative of anything, but some of the stuff that has been on show is encouraging. As long as the right decisions are made, it'll be better in a few years.

Anyway, enough of me talking about my team. Bring on Thursday night and I'm sure most league fans can unite to say, "Fuck the Roosters!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom