• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rugby League starts again in 2 days! It felt like forever, but it's almost that time again.

Only 4 days to go until I get to see Parramatta play (lose) again. And for the first time in too long, there will be three grades of footy to watch!

8kExGo6.png

With these lineups, I think the Eels backrow certainly has their work cut out for them covering the smaller and less experienced player. The Warriors could easily make a meal of them just by attacking the edges.

I know League isn't big among people here, but I'm posting this anyway.

I don't even like Cricket, though if the Cricket has been crap then I didn't miss much anyway.

I agree that Parra might go better than people expect. That's not very hard when many expect them to be walked all over and sit on the bottom of the table. They'll be better than last year for sure, and it helps that Stuart has gotten the team to bond; something that Kearney didn't bother to do at all, resulting in the team being split into cliques and some players not talking to one another.

I'm glad Stuart came out and said not to expect miracles, don't even expect top 8, the team has been broken and needs time to bring itself back together. He's right and it's not a quick fix. Now is the perfect time for some of the younger team members to get some much needed experience. I just want to see some gradual improvement. Trial scores aren't indicative of anything, but some of the stuff that has been on show is encouraging. As long as the right decisions are made, it'll be better in a few years.

Anyway, enough of me talking about my team. Bring on Thursday night and I'm sure most league fans can unite to say, "Fuck the Roosters!"

I don't know man, looking at that team if it wasn't for Penrith I'd say wooden spoon. Sticky needs to pull off a miracle.

Can't wait for Thursday night though. Looking forward to felling the earth crack if Sonny Bill makes a break and is hit by Ingles at fullback. Of course I'll be feeling it on delay because Channel 9 hasn't figured out the internet yet. Not the best sign for the broadcast deal

Danoss

I don't know man, looking at that team if it wasn't for Penrith I'd say wooden spoon. Sticky needs to pull off a miracle.

Can't wait for Thursday night though. Looking forward to felling the earth crack if Sonny Bill makes a break and is hit by Ingles at fullback. Of course I'll be feeling it on delay because Channel 9 hasn't figured out the internet yet. Not the best sign for the broadcast deal

They might still be wooden-spooners, but I doubt they'll be the complete pushovers they were last year. Though Hindy isn't there to save their arses time and time again in defense, even though he wasn't a very good leader. I'm not expecting miracles at all, the squad on paper is full of holes, but if they turn up and play like a team and they give a shit, unlike last year, I'll be much happier.

We badly need to have an online package to watch the footy on. I don't give a shit about watching it on mobile, and I don't want to need Foxtel to be able to watch every game. We should be able to log on to NRL.com and watch the games there in HD. I am more than happy to pay an annual or monthly fee for that.

I think the broadcast deal was "we want $1B and you can do whatever you want". That's not going to fly next time around. Also, did you know that the broadcast deal for NZ still isn't done yet? If not, you do now. Pretty pathetic, huh?

They might still be wooden-spooners, but I doubt they'll be the complete pushovers they were last year. Though Hindy isn't there to save their arses time and time again in defense, even though he wasn't a very good leader. I'm not expecting miracles at all, the squad on paper is full of holes, but if they turn up and play like a team and they give a shit, unlike last year, I'll be much happier.

We badly need to have an online package to watch the footy on. I don't give a shit about watching it on mobile, and I don't want to need Foxtel to be able to watch every game. We should be able to log on to NRL.com and watch the games there in HD. I am more than happy to pay an annual or monthly fee for that.

I think the broadcast deal was "we want $1B and you can do whatever you want". That's not going to fly next time around.

I think getting rid of 9's first and last rights was a big part of it.
If I could just get a sports package, foxsports and espn I'd totally do it. But I don't want to spend $60 a month on mostly shit.

I have no idea how the Broncos are going to go this year. If they play like they did in the first half of last year plus Scott Prince? Boom. Top four team. But if they've just added a washed up half back to a not good enough team then they'll be lucky to make the eight. I'm guessing it'll be somewhere in between

Edit: No Maafu in the Eels line up? He was a gun for the Jets last year. Thought he'd be able to make the jump

Danoss

I think getting rid of 9's first and last rights was a big part of it.
If I could just get a sports package, foxsports and espn I'd totally do it. But I don't want to spend $60 a month on mostly shit.

I have no idea how the Broncos are going to go this year. If they play like they did in the first half of last year plus Scott Prince? Boom. Top four team. But if they've just added a washed up half back to a not good enough team then they'll be lucky to make the eight. I'm guessing it'll be somewhere in between

Edit: No Maafu in the Eels line up? He was a gun for the Jets last year. Thought he'd be able to make the jump

Channel 9 having that in there was not good, I'm glad that's gone and I'm sure the NRL is ecstatic . I don't have to tell you how poorly they treat the game.

I'm lucky at the moment that we have Foxtel in the house anyway. I'll just call up tomorrow and have the Sports package added on, then cancel it when the season is over. Requiring the basic package is bullshit, I turn the TV on to watch the footy and turn it off as soon as it's done.

I think the Broncos will be doing it tough this year. I think Prince's days are long behind him and Wallace has never impressed me. As long as their handling is good, their forwards will keep them in the game.

Ma'afu is playing in NSW Cup, as I expected (it's only the first round and many things can change). I'm keen to see Terepo and Edwards in action along with him, they sound like they've been coming along great, as has Radradra and O'Hanlon. Fox Sports is showing NSW Cup every Saturday now, which is great, so if you're interested, the game is live at 1:10pm (or 12.10pm being in QLD).

Channel 9 having that in there was not good, I'm glad that's gone and I'm sure the NRL is ecstatic . I don't have to tell you how poorly they treat the game.

I'm lucky at the moment that we have Foxtel in the house anyway. I'll just call up tomorrow and have the Sports package added on, then cancel it when the season is over. Requiring the basic package is bullshit, I turn the TV on to watch the footy and turn it off as soon as it's done.

I think the Broncos will be doing it tough this year. I think Prince's days are long behind him and Wallace has never impressed me. As long as their handling is good, their forwards will keep them in the game.

Ma'afu is playing in NSW Cup, as I expected (it's only the first round and many things can change). I'm keen to see Terepo and Edwards in action along with him, they sound like they've been coming along great, as has Radradra and O'Hanlon. Fox Sports is showing NSW Cup every Saturday now, which is great, so if you're interested, the game is live at 1:10pm (or 12.10pm being in QLD).
He killed it in the Q Cup last year, so assuming the NSW Cup is still a half step below he should carve up. Man, maybe I should just get Foxtel. Footy is all I would use it for though.

I like Wallace but he's not flashy. He's just a solid ball player. That's kind of why I'm hoping Prince might be a good foil. Last year they were both the only option their teams had, hopefully together they create that killer punch the Broncs missed last year.
On the whole, free to air seems to hate the idea of HD sports broadcast.

Could someone remind me why I should hate the roosters?

They're a bunch of rich, player poaching, can't develop shit bastards. They're just lucky they're not as grub filled as Manly. Or Cronulla actually. They suck too

N0VAM0D

Hey AusGAF, it's been a while! Haven't been on the internet too much lately, with university starting and a whole bunch of other things going on! It's all sort of overwhelming right now, but I guess I'll get used to it soon enough. I think I'm more worried about meeting new people than the shift in my workload, though! ahh

Rugby League starts again in 2 days! It felt like forever, but it's almost that time again.

Can't believe I forgot about this! Finally! It's been too long!

Danoss

He killed it in the Q Cup last year, so assuming the NSW Cup is still a half step below he should carve up. Man, maybe I should just get Foxtel. Footy is all I would use it for though.

Footy is all I use it for, but I only pay for the sports package because that's all I use. If it was me paying for it by myself, I probably wouldn't bother. Livestreams might be your saviour here.

Foxtel on 360 could be a really good thing if they lowered the prices (they just added all the actual sports channels). You still need the basic package and the sports on top of that. That's $50 and you have to pay for your own bandwidth on top of that, unless you're with Telstra. If you could buy sports on it's own, then it'd be much more reasonable.

I like Wallace but he's not flashy. He's just a solid ball player. That's kind of why I'm hoping Prince might be a good foil. Last year they were both the only option their teams had, hopefully together they create that killer punch the Broncs missed last year.

Prince had his moments last year, but they weren't frequent enough. Prince is a band-aid solution for this year, they'd want to be working with someone new to replace him or they'll be back where they started.

Can't believe I forgot about this! Finally! It's been too long!

Hell yeah, more league fans!

is... it a single player game?

Of course. Welcome to the future!

Danoss

For fucks sake. The future of gaming.

I wonder if EA published a board game if they'd put a time-delay lock on the box. I think they would. Pay a fee for a code to unlock the box: Day 1 DLC.

So same old reason, figured they must had done something new to piss people off.

Yeah, some things never change. The fact that they got rid of a bunch of cunt players and they are still such a cuntish team is a testament to this.

Rlan

So Friday Night I'll be one of the Halfbrick Designers being a part of the Level Up games nights at the Brisbane state library!

Party after-hours at the library on the second Friday of each month during Garage Gamer! Join us for play-off’s, demos and music and drinks.

The upcoming March evening is hosted by Halfbrick Stuidos – creators of the hit games Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride.

Come along and meet the Halbrick team, learn about their techniques and projects, and take up the audience vs Halfbrick gaming challenge.

Plus, limber up your ninja-chop and get ready for the MEGA FRUIT NINJA CHALLENGE for a chance to WIN some great prizes!

A cash bar will be available at the venue.

This event is part of SLQ’s Garage Gamer program - unleash your passion for play in our games gallery or at workshops, talks, films and more. Check out the full program of events.

Free event, bookings required.

Starts: 8th March 2013 6:00pm-9:00pm
Runs: Every month on the 2nd Friday of the month, until 12th Apr 2013
Venue: slq Gallery, level 2, State Library, Stanley Place, South Bank
Cost: Free
Bookings: slq.eventbrite.com

Woop!

Jintor

I was trying to think of an Onion-esque headline about this Sim City thing but depressingly reality is far more nonsensical than my imagination

Clipper

So can we coin a new term for the new Sim City? Following the naming pattern of MMORPG, it would be a Single Player Online Real-Time Simulation game, right? So SPORTS...

Anyone thing these SPORTS games will take off?

put the kid to work! he's just been pooping in reps toilet like he owns the place!
He's too busy off with the faries sadly :/

Made I can get someone to record his mumblings and transcribe them as the next Adam Sandler vehicle!

Maybe stop striving to be most frequent poster on ausgaf and work on some qualifications ;)
Hey I've been striving to be less frequent lately!

I'm not good with structured learning, so I'm not sure if I will make it back to uni. Just can't force myself to digest the information if I'm not in the mood for it.

Video Game Bargains Analyst
Perfect! Although whoever would pay me will expect bargain priced wage rates :/

Give me a PM if you want to meet up, would love to catch up with you!
Won't have any time on Thurs/Fri in Geelong sadly. Heading straight to Melbourne after work on Thursday for the concert and then need to be at the dental surgery by 9am on Friday. I'll see what the timespan is between dropping off and picking up though!

I think I'll be there next Wednesday... that probably doesn't help you at all.
Warrnambool Wednesday?

From the URL I thought this was a rude version of Call Me Al.
First though was Call Me Ishmael. Damn books.

Are you forgetting Diablo 3?

:(

Also I thought that if you do try another server you don't have access to your city/town?

That sinking feeling you get when you buy a Surface RT to replace your broken laptop only to realize there's no google chrome...
Any tools that transfer saved passwords, history ECT to the new IE?

Aon

Hey,

Is there an AusGAF SimCity region going on?

If not I should start one up but I need a clever, perhaps alliterative name for it.

markot

Banned
Browsers on rt have to use microsofts shit just like with apple.
Google isnt falling over itself to get stuff out for 8.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I think I'll be there next Wednesday... that probably doesn't help you at all.

Hey, Laf (or anyone else near Waurn Ponds, for that matter), feel like getting lunch maybe? Not sure what my schedule is looking like either...
Classes go from 9 to 11 and 12 to 2 on that day + work from 3 to 5.. Not so sure if I'll be able to fit any lunch between all that, but there's always a next time!

senahorse

Hey I've been striving to be less frequent lately!

I'm not good with structured learning, so I'm not sure if I will make it back to uni. Just can't force myself to digest the information if I'm not in the mood for it.

I guess you first need to work out what you would like to do. If IT for example there are plenty of certifications you can do in your free time whereby you can get the reading/study material for free (or close to). For example if you're into sys admin stuff, you can look at redhat certification (RHCSA and RHCE), Microsoft (MCP/MCSE), Vmware (VCP/VCAP. Edit: I think VMware certs require you to do a registered course), Networking there is Cisco (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE) Juniper (JNCIA/JCNIP/JNCIE), F5 load balancing cert etc

Experience is always great to have of course but certs at the very least will help get you an interview and the ones I mentioned above are all very practical so they do teach you a lot of relevant information. But maybe it's not IT that you want to get into and something entirely different. You should be able to get a government job rather easily and once in you can usually move around departments and try different things and once you have some experience you can go out to the cut-throat private sector and command more money.

Of course all of this may require you to move and I understand that's easier said than done with a kid. Personally I would either finish your degree or go down the cert path, at a bare minimum it will motivate you and provide you with more confidence to achieve what you're after.

Hey,

Is there an AusGAF SimCity region going on?

If not I should start one up but I need a clever, perhaps alliterative name for it.

Do it, gf and I will probably join if we can find a decent plot :D

Won't have it for a few days though.

Edit: I am expecting a cool name, like Wolf Creek :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom