• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why the US market is so invested in hoppy beer considering their mainstream stuff is weak. Maybe that's why, but it drives me a bit bonkers sometimes when an otherwise fine brew has too many hops. Rogue River Brewery is an offender that springs to mind.
It'll be a cultural thing. Much like how US chocolate isn't as sweet as ours, or Asian soft drinks (e.g. Coke) are sweeter than ours etc.

Haven't had a Pliny the Elder (which is what I assume you're talking about) but yeah a lot go too far for our tastes.

Now is the time to buy a Wii, not a WiiU.

Mario Galaxy 1&2, Warioware Smooth Moves, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Another Mario Soccer Game, Another Metroid Prime (with added Trilogy convenience!), Another Paper Mario, Another Smash Bros, Wario Land Shake, Another Zelda, Another NSMB, Kirbys Yarn, Zenoblade, The Last Story & Another Rhythm Heaven.

Red Steel 2, Zack & Wiki, Boom Blox, Best Edition of Resi4, Little Kings Story, A Boy And His Blob, Muramasa, Sin & Punishment 2, No More Heroes 2 & Silent Hill Shattered Memories.

That is a damn good lineup of games to enjoy.

The Vita has a pretty awesome lineup at the moment too. Looking forward to the PS4 connectivity too.

Who do you usually buy from, mines up to $50?

This guy. Gone up for $45 on the weekend to $49. Last purchase was around Christmas last year for $40 flat.

Dead Man

It'll be a cultural thing. Much like how US chocolate isn't as sweet as ours, or Asian soft drinks (e.g. Coke) are sweeter than ours etc.

Haven't had a Pliny the Elder (which is what I assume you're talking about) but yeah a lot go too far for our tastes.

I was actually talking about http://www.rogue.com/ they are just down the road from where my grandma lived in the US, and some of their brews are so close to being perfect but they use a lot of hops. Haven't had a Pliny yet.

But I already own a Wii and played many of the games I want.

What sucks about Wii U also, is that it won't double up as my Blu Ray / movie player like te PS3 because Nintendo still refuse to pay Sony a single cent through licensing fees.

I kinda hate that I'll have to have two separate boxes under the TV.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
So my uni orientation experience has been pretty fucking awesome so far. It's so easy to befriend people compared to other social settings afaik, already befriended like 5 people (4 females + 1 guy). And I haven't even gone to any of the parties yet! which I'm consequently going to one of them with those two of those new friends I made earlier - 30-minutes from now! fun times.

I was actually talking about http://www.rogue.com/ they are just down the road from where my grandma lived in the US, and some of their brews are so close to being perfect but they use a lot of hops. Haven't had a Pliny yet.
Rogue River, Russian River... Whatever. :)

I've heard of Rogue, the logo is familiar. I have a feeling I might've had something of theirs in Australia but can't for the life of me remember.

It's unlikely, but I might be going to San Francisco for a conference for work next month. If it pans out (probably won't) I'm going to be spending half the time I'm there in bars, trying out craft beer unavailable here if I get my way (probably won't).

Dead Man

Rogue River, Russian River... Whatever. :)

I've heard of Rogue, the logo is familiar. I have a feeling I might've had something of theirs in Australia but can't for the life of me remember.

It's unlikely, but I might be going to San Francisco for a conference for work next month. If it pans out (probably won't) I'm going to be spending half the time I'm there in bars, trying out craft beer unavailable here if I get my way (probably won't).
Heh. Lots of good brews to check out, my moaning not withstanding.

What the fuck is this shit?

It's really uncomfortable when the professor has to teach something he has no expertise in. Kim Jong Il did not lead the North in the Korean war, nor did the war end in 1950... though hearing some opinions from people in the tutes (that Indonesia used to be called Malaysia, among other things) I doubt anyone noticed:( this is an advanced class too...
Damn you laf
You kinda got the short end of the stick huh:( at least in my experience law students have tended to be a bit cliquey and unfriendly. Like I have said though, jooooin cluuuuuubs.
So my uni orientation experience has been pretty fucking awesome so far. It's so easy to befriend people compared to other social settings afaik, already befriended like 5 people (4 females + 1 guy). And I haven't even gone to any of the parties yet! which I'm consequently going to one of them with those two of those new friends I made earlier - 30-minutes from now! fun times.
I don't know why this made me laugh so.
Is this your first year laf?

Dead Man

It's really uncomfortable when the professor has to teach something he has no expertise in. Kim Jong Il did not lead the North in the Korean war, nor did the war end in 1950... though hearing some opinions from people in the tutes (that Indonesia used to be called Malaysia, among other things) I doubt anyone noticed:( this is an advanced class too...

This country is doomed. Even if it is not your area, how do you not know such basic information before you present the lectures?

so, there's an ad on TV for Red Rooster on TV at the mo. There's a guy in it meant to be an employee of RR (wearing glasses). I have the odd feeling it's the eldest Piss Weak Kid from The Late Show.

Jintor

wtf

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
421857_490138974376089_92039612_n.jpg
23387_490139117709408_1557990955_n.jpg
544236_490139331042720_1037287175_n.jpg
479892_490139237709396_1260979951_n.jpg
295634_490139277709392_732194108_n.jpg
226582_490139031042750_1645932868_n.jpg
581885_490138897709430_1132394727_n.jpg

nz!

Did you put the watermark on yourself Holy? Looks like you're having fun!

This country is doomed. Even if it is not your area, how do you not know such basic information before you present the lectures?

I feel like he should at least be double checking if he's not sure before he writes it on the slide :/ Googling names and dates is not that hard.

Kritz

Banned
By the time I finished uni, went to client interview, ate shitty fast food dinner, bussed home, fed animals, email teammates and work on prototype, it's already 10pm.

This is second week. Project might actually kill me,

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Did you put the watermark on yourself Holy? Looks like you're having fun!

I feel like he should at least be double checking if he's not sure before he writes it on the slide :/ Googling names and dates is not that hard.

*nods* the wonders of lightroom

By the time I finished uni, went to client interview, ate shitty fast food dinner, bussed home, fed animals, email teammates and work on prototype, it's already 10pm.

This is second week. Project might actually kill me,

I played CivRev for 2 and a half hours accidentally.

I probably should spend some time with the wife one of these days.

Also fuck me wisdom teeth removal is expensive. 2 grand up front. The wife doesn't have a dental plan. No dental plan will take her now, obviously. Also obviously she can't wait 6 months anyway, the entire reason she went to the dentist was that her mouth hurt like fuck, turns out one of the smart teeth are trying to evict one of her regular, pea brained teeth (who incidentally is doing a fine fucking job anyway, so why is this dick of a smart tooth allowed to push it out?).

Yay more debt!

:(

Also why the fuck do we have wisdom teeth anyway?

Dead Man

I played CivRev for 2 and a half hours accidentally.

I probably should spend some time with the wife one of these days.

Also fuck me wisdom teeth removal is expensive. 2 grand up front. The wife doesn't have a dental plan. No dental plan will take her now, obviously. Also obviously she can't wait 6 months anyway, the entire reason she went to the dentist was that her mouth hurt like fuck, turns out one of the smart teeth are trying to evict one of her regular, pea brained teeth (who incidentally is doing a fine fucking job anyway, so why is this dick of a smart tooth allowed to push it out?).

Yay more debt!

So she needs to the whole dental surgery thing right? Because my dentist just yanked my wisdoms out, local anaesthetic and about $200.

jambo

Anthropologists believe wisdom teeth, or the third set of molars, were the evolutionary answer to our ancestor’s early diet of coarse, rough food – like leaves, roots, nuts and meats – which required more chewing power and resulted in excessive wear of the teeth. The modern diet with its softer foods, along with marvels of modern technologies such as forks, spoons and knives, has made the need for wisdom teeth nonexistent. As a result, evolutionary biologists now classify wisdom teeth as vestigial organs, or body parts that have become functionless due to evolution.

http://scienceline.org/2007/02/ask-cooper-wisdomteeth/

So when the fuck is this evolution thing meant to kick in? I wanna know if I can tell her to wait until then but she might punch my teeth out if it is too far away.

So she needs to the whole dental surgery thing right? Because my dentist just yanked my wisdoms out, local anaesthetic and about $200.

Wait really? Just in the chair at the dentist? All 4 teeth?

I think it depends on how hard it is to get to them, none of hers are poking up because she has a smallish mouth apparently. On the xray you can see that they are coming in sideways.

I think it depends on how hard it is to get to them, none of hers are poking up because she has a smallish mouth apparently. On the xray you can see that they are coming in sideways.

Usually they can just pull them out one at a time. My dentist convinced me to opt for the more expensive one where they put you under, but don't make the same mistake I did. If you can ask for the cheaper option. They do have to pull them out each a week apart or something, but the price difference is ~$2,000.

Dead Man

Just the top ones, and I had to do one at a time, but yeah. In the chair, needle in gum, awkward small talk, pliers, done. 30 minutes. I left mine for ages too, they were all infected and starting to decay badly. I might have been lucky though. My bottom ones will be fine as long as they don't impact any nerves.

markot

Banned
Whats the deal with wisdom teeth? I mean you dont have to be wise to get them! My cousin got them and believe me he wasnt wise! Am I right?

jambo

I only got 2 out, went in to hospital and went under full anaesthetic. Only cost like $450, but then I have pretty good private health care.

Hers are too far under I guess, you can't even tell they are back there, coming in sideways. Don't even have that little pocket of gum poking up.

Pretty sure the dentist didn't even give her the option

Deeku

I had two sideways ones!

Did the same as jambo but at a day surgery joint. I remember almost choking on the weird lemon juice thing they gave me to wake up lol

jambo

I just had water and jelly for about and hour or so and then went home.

I only had the bottom two out and they were halfway out of the gum, so there was a lot of cutting, thus a lot of bleeding afterwards. I never needed the absorption thingo so I guess it was never too bad.

My top two are still in as they didn't move at all between the sets of x-rays that I had done about 3-4 years apart. They are deep and I'm hoping they never move or get impacted...

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I don't know why this made me laugh so.
Is this your first year laf?
Yep - feels like I'm really going all in and it's been a great experience so far.. it almost feels like I'm entering a different world where I'm unsure of what's going happen next and so on.;p nightclub party was pretty fun times.. danced with two of the female friends I made earlier, drunk a bit, meet a bunch of people, flirted with a zoology student etc, I'm not so sure if I'm a big fan of night-clubs tho, too much noise, prefer quiet bars for socialization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom