• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus christ I think there's a Kookabura comedy festival going on outside my window today

Kookaburra%20002%20Laughing.jpg

davidnic

Just bought 3 USB's from Harvey Norman 8GB each for $16.00!! I thought it was only one but when I open the packet it was 3.

Liberal confidence is terrible down here in Napthine home country; cut the spine out of the TAFE, cut millions of dollars out of the hospital here (which had just been replaced with a new campus!) and all school camps have been cancelled, with constant strike days and demonstrations down here (by teachers and nurses respectively).

His last time as head of the Liberal party went oh so well too....

Odds that other Liberals said to Teddie, "You go or we follow Shaw" ?

Or Shaw said he won't give them his vote if Teddie is still in the big boy chair?

I did the same thing recently. Origin coupled with Battlelog just doesn't work at all for me, there's constant bugs and crashes that are never resolved.

I've had a pretty good run with it so far. Though some mates have been getting kicked after a minute of playtime due to punk buster issues.

...and on the same day the chief minister in the NT almost got rolled for the second time in the first 6 months of his tenure. I suspect anyone who actually wants to become a politician is the exact person who shouldn't be.

Gazunta

After reading Crazed's shitty experience with a shitty retailer who I can't wait to see reduced to ash and smoke...it reminded me I really kinda want a Surface Pro. When / where can I get one here?

After reading Crazed's shitty experience with a shitty retailer who I can't wait to see reduced to ash and smoke...it reminded me I really kinda want a Surface Pro. When / where can I get one here?
Pretty sure they've just said soon. But I'd guess jb?
Harvey Norman.

Haaaa. Also yes.

Is it weird that amongst all the shit getting poured on SimCity I kind of want to play it? What was the last one that came out? How hard is it to get my hands on that?

Also the Sharks seem boned. Twitter is suggesting Essendon is next. Again pretty sure that's speculation

Danoss

Goddamn I love indie game makers. The ones that make roleplaying games are who I'm talking about.

I bought a bunch more of D. Vincent Baker's roleplaying games yesterday and he sent me links to the PDFs today (time difference, manual process and whatnot). Since the last time I bought a game from him, I had changed my PayPal email address, which is what they use to authorise downloads. I left a note with the sale mentioning to use the old address to keep all the authorised downloads with the one account. He must have missed the note and authorised using the new address, no problem, accidents happen and he has a day job to worry about since you can't make a living from roleplaying games anymore.

I emailed him and asked if he could fix that up, which he did just a minute ago. Being the awesome guy he is, he also gave me a copy of the only game of his that I don't own, Poison'd: a pirate rpg.

There is no reason he had to do this, my email request was pleasant and understanding. It was just a cool thing for him to do.

I'd like to make one of his games happen with AusGAF at some point. Like many RPGs, his works best in person, but I think there might be one or two that could be pulled off. I'd like to try Murderous Ghosts, but it's only 2 players and just needs a deck of cards which Roll20 can handle. Maybe on the real time for Samhain/Halloween in Australia, which is in late April/early May if anyone is interested.

I know I would have gotten one if it weren't for shitty Australian release dates. However my previous laptop broke and I needed something for University. I'm quite happy with the outcome to Windows RT for half price, feels like the price it should be really.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Driver San Francisco - Not finished, Save game lost!

I played 6 hours of this game going by steam and from memory it was really ass. I believe I stopped playing because the game had become so repetitive and just fucking dull that I couldn't take it anymore.

So I won't be finishing this game on my list since I sure as hell aren't going to play 6+ hours of it again.

Smashing into cars has never been so fucking boring and repetitive.

Wondering whether I should bother backing the Torment Kickstarter. It's already made it's goal, and will probably be cheaper than $20 shortly after release... but it is a new Torment game...

So I won't be finishing this game on my list since I sure as hell aren't going to play 6+ hours of it again.
I really enjoyed it, and continued to play a little bit even after I'd finished it. About 2/3-3/4 in it starts getting quite interesting too.

Yeah I can understand that... also, so many RPGs backed now.
Just looking at my inbox, I have four unread emails from three Kickstarter campaigns (Project Eternity, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns) which are all RPGs...

... ah hell I'm just going to back it.

Fredescu

Backed for the T shirts. Wonder if I'll ever play it.

I haven't played a game in over a month. I started playing Rocksmith which was a lot of fun, but then I realised it would be even better if I used that time to play guitar on my own terms. So now I don't play video games.

I'm just going to go on a mild rant here. I fucking hate the way video games are named. And while I'm sure it'll kick a bunch of arse I'm going to use Torment: Tides of Numenera as the example.

Everything is SOMETHING: PAINFUL EXPLANATION. Generally it's something depressing like "Darkness: Vengeful Regret."

And then when Destiny was announced I actually saw people in the thread complaining it was a shitty, cliched name. Say what you will about the game at least it's named like a grown up product and doesn't involve a colon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom