• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

This is an Australian Test XI - Cowan, Warner, Clarke, Hughes, Smith, Haddin, Henriques, Siddle, Starc, Lyon, Doherty

:>

uFPE2QU.gif

senahorse

“GAME saw that the market in this country was big, and EB pretty much had it to themselves at that stage,” explains Paul Yardley. “There was a big attractive market, with $110 price points. So they thought, ‘Brilliant, here we go.’”

This quote makes me wonder, do retail really have the same markup margins as the UK (between distributor and retail), or was Game essentially just buying most of their AU stock from the UK for bigger markup potential?

Gazunta

They bought from both countries from what I can remember. I certainly remember seeing a lot of both AU and UK rated games on the shelves.

Yeah, it's awesome when 700 people lose their jobs!

=D

Don't you see though, they were evil retailers. Just like it'll be for the greater good when people involved in the newspaper industry are put out on the street. Just like it's terrible for other people to make art or shirts or whatever based on pop culture but are there any old games you'd like me to make a comic of or could I interest you in the latest Blow the Cartridge book?

The Gazunta has spoken.

legend166

I'm selling some PS3 games. I doubt anyone here will care because 90% of us are PC master race people and these can all be got on Steam for $10 eventually, but:

- Dark Souls
- Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
- Darksiders

$20 each or whatever you reckon, who knows.

This is an Australian Test XI - Cowan, Warner, Clarke, Hughes, Smith, Haddin, Henriques, Siddle, Starc, Lyon, Doherty

:>

Smith. How does he keep getting a game? I know he looks like Leisel Jones but is it worth having him in the team just for that joke?

I went into a Game here once but they didn't have many games at all compared to the JB two stores down or the EB across the walkway. Lots of other random shit like toys though.

Never went a second time.

Gazunta

Sounds like GameTraders.

The two GameTraders near me are so weird. They open for a week, close for a week or so, then repeat the process. It's like it's a part time operation.

Dead Man

what a bunch of cunts
Indeed. That is some truly vile shit.
Article on what Conroy is actually trying to do - http://www.crikey.com.au/2013/03/13/the-stalinist-nightmare-of-the-media-regulating-itself/

You know, for comparison to reaction.
Yeah, none of the mainstream media has even said what the actual proposals are really.
Sleeping Dogs was boring and samey. I said it then and my opinion will not be wavered. A solid 6/10. Max. I do not get the love for it.
I agree. It was polished and fun, but I got bored about 1/3 of the way through.
Leigh Sales does some great interviews, not scared of asking the tough questions. Though all of this is over now that the date has been pushed back until June.
That's a mistake. They should do it now and give the media time to get over it before the election.

Sounds like EB.

I guess the EB closest to me is too small for much of that, they have a random shelf in the middle but it's mostly accessories like cases, headsets and stuff.

The Game across the walk from it was the same size had the accessory stuff as well as a whole lot of shelf space for toys. Not talking Skylanders stuff here either but like 30cm tall Aliens figures.

jambo

I guess the EB closest to me is too small for much of that, they have a random shelf in the middle but it's mostly accessories like cases, headsets and stuff.

The one I mostly browse in is the main Adelaide CBD store, so it's a bit bigger than normal. Their t-shirt, phone cover and toys section is almost as big as a console section.

Dead Man

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-14/appeal-against-indefinite-jail-term-held-up/4573250

The High Court has upheld an intellectually disabled man's appeal against a custody order that has kept him in prison for more than 25 years.

In 1987, Gregory John Yates was sentenced to seven years' jail for sexually assaulting a young girl at a Perth shopping centre.

But despite finishing the sentence in 1994, he has remained in jail because he was being "held at the governor's pleasure" following an order made by the Supreme Court judge who sentenced him.

What the fuck?

$10 flu vaccines at work.

On the one hand it's cheap.

On the other, autism.
This would have been really awesome like a week ago. My manager decided it would be cool and Stoic etc to come in to work with the flu. Fuck people doing this, seriously. Now everyone at work is sick, as well as some customers I assume, and midsemester exams are coming up :mad:

Dead Man

This would have been really awesome like a week ago. My manager decided it would be cool and Stoic etc to come in to work with the flu. Fuck people doing this, seriously. Now everyone at work is sick, as well as some customers I assume, and midsemester exams are coming up :mad:

I sent a coworker home this week. She was dead set on working through it, being tough and all that. I said if she got me or one of the clients sick there would be hell to pay, so she went home. I hate that soldier on bullshit.

As long as the governor is getting pleasure out of it I'll let it go.

Heh.

I sent a coworker home this week. She was dead set on working through it, being tough and all that. I said if she got me or one of the clients sick there would be hell to pay, so she went home. I hate that soldier on bullshit.
The worst thing is calling in sick. " you can't work? But Jane has diarrhea and she's still here! "

jambo

I almost had to go in to work when sick recently because of a lack of sick days.

Luckily I just scraped in, but any more days off and I would've had unpaid days, which we can't afford to have at the moment (missus is still without full time work).

I used most of my sick leave up with a combination of wisdom teeth surgery and a terrible bout of glandular fever over the past 12 months.

I also went overseas and did a few other trips in the last 12 months that ate away at my annual leave.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Is something on sale? Do I want it?

PS. F1 so far = rad, if only for being an excuse for a day off.

Yep had a fun day. Got some nice pics of coulthard in the f1 car. Can't afford the other days except sunday.

Also majorly annoyed. Lotus only have 2012 merch here

EB and JB both have Vita for $250 with a free game

EB has PS allstars or LBP and JB just has PS all Stars but also comes with a carry case pack

JB has WiiU Premium bundle with free Tekken for $430

Jintor

Been playing more Brutal. Flaws really dig in around the end of Act 1, and then everything's going to be a rollercoaster ride until the finale. Act III from memory is going to be rushed as fuuuuuuuuuuck.

God I wish the game felt good though. Roaming around the heavy metal landscape is amazing, but the combat is mediocre and even driving the Deuce around just doesn't 'feel' right - it's way too light, you bounce off things, it doesn't have that weight you'd want from driving something that felt powerful. Some really great writing and voicework though. Ozzy, Doviculous and the Killmaster in particular. Although the climactic moments at the end of Act I are really undone by the futzy engine and some really odd dialogue/camerawork/general script choices. Reeks of 'we need to get these plot points out of the way so let's go through the motions'.

Kritz

Banned
f7Tsg3P.png

Was my hip retro 20s board game boxart concept, of some dude looking into this tablet and seeing Augmented Reality stuff just FLYING OUT OF THE SCREEN ALL CRAZY WHOA

jgoFWTA.jpg

And this loser was the best our artists could come up with to model my perfect idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom