• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahk

f7Tsg3P.png

Was my hip retro 20s board game boxart concept, of some dude looking into this tablet and seeing Augmented Reality stuff just FLYING OUT OF THE SCREEN ALL CRAZY WHOA

jgoFWTA.jpg

And this loser was the best our artists could come up with to model my perfect idea.
I think this needs to be on the new page.

I switched to Feedly yesterday.

Like: Looks nice, integrates with my existing Reader feeds (and they've said it will "just work" after Reader shuts down), works on both desktop and Android, you can mark feeds as "must read" (e.g. more important than the others).

Dislike: Have to install browser plugin (e.g. you can't just use any browser), difficult to add new feeds by URL (least I couldn't get it to work, their server was overloaded yesterday).

shoe-fo-101-outside.jpg

Vault 101 shoes on the new Bethesda Store.

After that game last night I take all the bad things I said about the Eels back. They look good. Some of the pick ups like Lussick are going to be pretty handy.
The Dogs aren't what they were last year without Barba, but they're still a good team and the Eels were with them all game.

I still had to stay off the internet all afternoon because of stupid Channel 9 delay. Pricks

With that QUT thing, any one know where it came from? Let me know and I'll flick it on to someone at Brisbane Times. Dodgy pricks

Edit: So News Ltd's columnist website The Punch is getting combined into the larger network. Hello more opinion pieces and less news stories. Foxification of the internet

Omikron

After that game last night I take all the bad things I said about the Eels back. They look good. Some of the pick ups like Lussick are going to be pretty handy.
The Dogs aren't what they were last year without Barba, but they're still a good team and the Eels were with them all game.

I still had to stay off the internet all afternoon because of stupid Channel 9 delay. Pricks

With that QUT thing, any one know where it came from? Let me know and I'll flick it on to someone at Brisbane Times. Dodgy pricks

Edit: So News Ltd's columnist website The Punch is getting combined into the larger network. Hello more opinion pieces and less news stories. Foxification of the internet

Here is that post Fred was talking about - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=49287429&postcount=12498

Danoss

I was far too critical of them in my earlier post, mostly after seeing a few silly things as the game wound down in the final minutes. After getting over the emotion of the game, it's much easier to see everything more clearly for what it really was.

Seeing how tired the forwards were with about 10 minutes to go, I was so pleased and proud to see them keep driving hard and not giving up. They were strong in and around the ruck all night, it was goddamn impressive. I agree with you on Lussick, his aggression adds so much, I love watching it.

I didn't realise until after the game that not a single point was scored in the second half. Not one. It was a thrilling arm wrestle. It wasn't the usual battle that we see between the Eels and the Dogs either, but it was a good game of football.

I noticed there wasn't a Spidercam whizzing around, so at least you were spared the disorienting views of that. Fuck Channel 9.

At half time I described the game as a basketball game because there was no defence from either team. It was just back and forth scoring. Then the second half was the opposite. I really enjoyed it in the end.

How much better does Sandow look than last year?

Still not sure if they will make they 8, but maybe 10ish? In that bubble area.

Danoss

At half time I described the game as a basketball game because there was no defence from either team. It was just back and forth scoring. Then the second half was the opposite. I really enjoyed it in the end.

It was totally like that. In the opening minutes where the Dogs cut us apart at the edges, I was just thinking "FUCK!" Glad it wasn't a score-a-thon in the end, I loved that seemingly never-ending battle the second half provided.

Did someone on the commentary team say "it's a game of two halves"?

How much better does Sandow look than last year?

Still not sure if they will make they 8, but maybe 10ish? In that bubble area.

Sandow is like a completely different person this year, goddamn he is impressing me. And his kicking game. Holy shit!

I'm with you on where they'll likely finish, given current form. Good on them if they make the 8, but I'm not expecting it. They'll certainly raise themselves well off the bottom of the table if they keep playing like that. I watched the Dogs' media conference and agree with Des' comments on them.

Why would you call me and say I can pickup my wife from surgery recovery and then leave me in a waiting room for an hour only to tell me she isn't ready.

That is just straight up incorrect information you gave me on the phone. Do you have a split personality admin lady?

They do this all the time for companies. Is not much of a stretch to politicians would do the same

There's a difference between business and politics though. They're making a group of students assist a member of a publicly funded party get elected. For free. It's an assignment, they don't have a choice in doing it. Even though Rudd will clearly be reelected.

If they were paid or could opt out that'd be better. Or if it was done hypothetically and didn't involve the actual candidate

Aon

Seems like I'm interning for a company called Crown Content in June, who publish weird media reports and trade magazines for journos?

Dig up information! Go!

check out the awesome view from my apartment! awww yeahh i can see other people's laundry!!

for reference, this was my view when i had a housing allowance lol

I am actually insanely jealous. Even if the buildings are kind of crappy compared to the other photo, it still looks really cool. Living up high, in the middle of the city! I bet all the lights look lovely at night. Take a night picture tooo.

I have been, all morning. Brisbane Times, News.com.au, 4BC....

Good on you. I have to wonder what will become of this assignment though.

Looks like the Australian managed to get a hold of this LNP canditate and took a somewhat different angle: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ate-bill-glasson/story-e6frg6n6-1226598204355

:p

Indeed. Poor Kritz. Maybe when you graduate you can expand on the idea. I would buy it... if I had an ipad.

Just imagine the outrage from The Australian if it was a Labor or Green candiate.

"Political and lefty acedemics using higher education to indoctrinate our innocent youth..."

Dead Man

Just imagine the outrage from The Australian if it was a Labor or Green candiate.

"Political and lefty acedemics using higher education to indoctrinate our innocent youth..."
Yup. There would be all sorts of noise.
It lacks so much context in trying to make it look like a non-issue that that article doesn't even feel newsworthy. I'm honestly surprised they ran the story at all.

Yeah, it's not even spin, it's just meh.

Rlan

http://www.seek.com.au/job/24181060

Junior Designers

About Halfbrick

Halfbrick was founded in 2001 and since then has expanded to over 70 of the best staff in the industry. We have successfully released over 16 titles across multiple platforms ranging from the Nintendo DS/DSi right through to Xbox Live Arcade and the current mobile platforms such as iOS and Android.

About our Teams

Our people work in smaller, self-directed teams and are given opportunities to contribute to both the design and implementation across all of our games. As a Brick, you will be given the freedom to work across multiple areas and make significant contributions to every game you work on.

Halfbrick values its people and strives to provide a creative, rewarding environment where we can pursue our passion of creating great games, without regular crunch periods and other negative aspects that plague more traditional game development. If you want to make smaller, fun games in a great environment, contact us today!

Do you…
have a great passion for games?
want to work on the kind of games we develop at Halfbrick?
pay excellent attention to detail?
work really well in a team?
focus on high quality?
have great communication skills?

If so, then we are looking for genius game designers with great instincts and creative flair, who have:
excellent communication skills.
flash or other prototyping experience as a plus.
shipped a mobile title previously (highly desirable, not essential).
any playable games, mods, level designs, prototypes or anything else that you think will show us just how skilled and creative you are is required. If there is nothing for us to play, we can’t tell just how good you are!

What to submit:

Portfolio (incl. any playable games, mods, level designs, prototypes)
Resume
Tertiary academic history
A cover letter (please let us know if you are still studying.

Please apply by clicking below or submit your application to jobs@halfbrick.com with the subject line “Halfbrick Brisbane: Junior Designer – Barry Steakfries”. (But instead of Barry’s name, put your name!)

To email portfolios over 10mb and under 50mb use yousendit.com.

Get yer asses in 'ere.

I beat Super Mario Bros. once.

Also, hi.

hello
ill be your key fruit liaison during your stay. someone will be with you shortly with a form to fill out.

on that topic i vote we add "how long have you been lurking here for" to the list
id like to know if people already know how much of an idiot i am

Danoss

Sport news regarding Josh Dugan, which I wouldn't be the least bit surprised is true. Spotted by someone on another forum.

Dugan's blatant disregard for his teammates and coaches has left his reputation throughout the NRL in tatters.

He was known to have spruiked to teammates about his status in the game, declaring he had no fear of being sacked because he would simply sign on at a "better club".

Source.

I would laugh so hard if no one else signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom