• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

But the traffic is fine?

Haha, completely missed that.

And it's weird because I posted the exact same think to Facebook a few seconds beforehand, but I didn't mix it up on there...

If anyone is up for some L4D1 or L4D2 action add me on steam - Sarquiss_

Haven't touched the game in ages but used to have a blast :)

Added. Not sure if anything will happen tonight, but next week there should hopefully be a tonne of matches. Probably this weekend as well, but I'll be at Oz Comic-Con Adelaide.

Sarquiss_

Added. Not sure if anything will happen tonight, but next week there should hopefully be a tonne of matches. Probably this weekend as well, but I'll be at Oz Comic-Con Adelaide.

Sounds good. Wish I could have gone to OZ Comic-Con but just moved to NZ to start a new job

Sarquiss_

Bill Shatner and RDA!!!

Photos are expensive though, $80 each!

Hope NZ is treating you well.

Knowing that makes it worse that I am missing out :(

NZ is good....well apart from being told that the company is going to be restructured and there will be a couple hundred people made redundant :( The pay is good though so hopefully I survive (Have been told that the team I belong to won't be affected but it is better to prepare for the worst outcome)

jambo

As is customary Sarquiss_

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one cancelling all the fucking WiiU ports?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time

How does it expire though? Does it just stay active until a certain time or expiry of PSN+?

As long as you are subscribed you can keep any games you download.

edit: if your plus subscription runs out then plus games become locked but you can resub anytime and the games you got while you were a member previously will unlock again

TheFury

I'll do some L4D2 on the weekend if a versus game can be organised.

Not too big on campaign. After 1600 hours or so campaign doesn't do much for me anymore.

jambo

I want to play some custom campaigns, but yes, versus would be awesome!

On that subject, a few of the best custom campaigns on Steam Workshop have been built to work with Versus, so that could be interesting.

TheFury

I've got a few of the custom campaigns, those I don't mind since I rarely play them.

Not sure which have versus. Been a while since I've played any of them.

Versus on them sounds good though.

Sarquiss_

Steam ID: Sarquiss_
360 Gamertag: Haven't touched the 360 in ages
PS3 thingy: Sarquiss
Twitterer: What is that :p
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far? Just 1, R.I.P uncle miney, we still miss you :'(
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery? Do you even need to ask?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3? Is the Pope White?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas? Viva Pinata + Mates and Beer = A great night
iOS gamer or Android user? iOS and Windows Phone 8
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM? I hates it I do I do It do
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming? Nathan Fill...I mean yes Big Tits :|
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies? Me not *kooka* cookies, me *eat* the cookies
UGG boots. Do you speak it? Their not mine....I swear....Alright....I confess but they are so damn comfortable
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips: OM NOM NOM NOM...What was the question again?
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY? Got a Vita
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan? Capcom...have never found friends to play D&D with :(
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here. Yes to all of them
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole? Saggy Dirty Old Bastard Arsehold
Jalapeño man? Thems are fighting words
BACON MAN? Yes
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider? Yes....Single Malt Whisky
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge? Foul Toxic Sludge
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez? I plays them alls I do
Any glass eyeballs? I wish
Are you the one cancelling all the fucking WiiU ports? NOOoooo you have uncovered my diabolic plan...now I must kill you
Are you Mayan or can use Maya? I once had a Mayan or was that a dream???
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time? Yes

Danoss

Both the Eels and the Bulldogs tonight were rather ordinary. Though given the performance some of the Eels players put in, they should've gotten pumped (still so much better than last year, I'd hate to image the 2012 Eels playing tonight). There were some glimpses of brilliance from both sides at times, but Inu looked like his old self tonight. Some of the refs calls were fucking terrible, but they didn't affect the game too much.

Hayne needed to be involved much more and provide much better options than he did. Sandow continued to impress me.

I cannot get over the monstrous tackle Loko put on Williams. When Loko came looking for work, he delivered, but that tackle!

Posting on the bus on the way home so if something looks off, that'll be my phone.

Steam ID? what's steam
360 Gamertag? xX_SmokeXDawgX420_Xx
PS3 thingy? fivehundredandninetynine
Twitterer? @atAmpersat
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far? n+1
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery? conner duh what the fuck is that even a question
Would you buy a Crackdown 3? rip in peace rtw
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas? best thousand points ever
iOS gamer or Android user? steve jobs is my lord and saviour
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM? love it
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming? y3s
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies? go kooka yourself you country cookie
UGG boots. Do you speak it? yea bra
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips. yea bra
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY? lol handheld gaming. pc mastah race
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan? i love carcass1
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here. IU marshmallow 4evz
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole? i'd smuggle his budgies if you know what i mean
Jalapeño man? yes
BACON MAN? YES?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider? yes yes yes
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge? yes
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez? i love halo odst is my favourite
Any glass eyeballs? 3
Are you the one cancelling all the fucking WiiU ports? no
Are you Mayan or can use Maya? maybe
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time eh it's no mgs3

Bernbaum

The words 'Abbott' or 'Tony Abbott' hardly ever appear in headlines on the frontpage of theaustralian.com.au or thecouriermail.com.au.

Photos of the man are also conspicuously absent.

Paradoxically, he's almost ensured of a win at the federal election.

You will, however, read all manner of material on Labor's incompetence and re-used articles of leadership woes amongst the party.

Maybe, those newspapers editors know that Tony Abbott isn't good for the coalition's image.

Maybe, the absence of the man's name or image is an editorial decision.

Maybe, the editors have a favourite horse in this race.

Maybe, just maybe, they're using their outlets to influence the likelihood of a conservative win at the polls by intentionally avoiding any direct mention of the coalition leader's policies; minimizing any visual reminders that the man exists; and simply playing the waiting game as the incumbent government inevitably dismantles itself.

WE'RE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS HERE PEOPLE.

wonzo

Banned
Leigh Sales does some great interviews, not scared of asking the tough questions. Though all of this is over now that the date has been pushed back until June.
I haven't watched the 7:30 Report ever since the start of the format change but did they get around to ditching the woeful Chris Uhlmann yet and just let Leigh sales do her own thing? Because if so then I'm gonna start re-watching that asap.

Kritz

Banned
Steam ID? what's steam
360 Gamertag? xX_SmokeXDawgX420_Xx
PS3 thingy? fivehundredandninetynine
Twitterer? @atAmpersat
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far? n+1
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery? conner duh what the fuck is that even a question
Would you buy a Crackdown 3? rip in peace rtw
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas? best thousand points ever
iOS gamer or Android user? steve jobs is my lord and saviour
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM? love it
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming? y3s
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies? go kooka yourself you country cookie
UGG boots. Do you speak it? yea bra
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips. yea bra
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY? lol handheld gaming. pc mastah race
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan? i love carcass1
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here. IU marshmallow 4evz
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole? i'd smuggle his budgies if you know what i mean
Jalapeño man? yes
BACON MAN? YES?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider? yes yes yes
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge? yes
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez? i love halo odst is my favourite
Any glass eyeballs? 3
Are you the one cancelling all the fucking WiiU ports? no
Are you Mayan or can use Maya? maybe
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time eh it's no mgs3

secret worst ausgaf member

Shaneus

Yep had a fun day. Got some nice pics of coulthard in the f1 car. Can't afford the other days except sunday.

Also majorly annoyed. Lotus only have 2012 merch here
You were there? You knew I was going, you should've let me know!

Man, when someone who owns a Dragon Ball Z set of pyjamas is too embarrassed to meet you out in public... that's when you really know you've hit rock bottom :(

This is getting beyond a joke

SimCity 5 - Edit freeway anywhere even outside boundary, still saves and syncs!

he also changed it so he can keep playing after 20 minutes of offline PLUS he fixed the population display.
That's fucked, and great he was able to mod it. But man, I think I'm starting to really like the music that's in these YT videos. It sort of reminds me of the bits in movies like Shawshank Redemption or even Usual Suspects where you see the pieces of the story fall into place. I might look into who did the score...

The words 'Abbott' or 'Tony Abbott' hardly ever appear in headlines on the frontpage of theaustralian.com.au or thecouriermail.com.au.

You will, however, read all manner of material on Labor's incompetence and re-used articles of leadership woes amongst the party.

Maybe, those newspapers editors know that Tony Abbott isn't good for the coalition's image.

Maybe, just maybe, they're using their outlets to influence the likelihood of a conservative win at the polls by intentionally avoiding any direct mention of the coalition leader's policies; minimizing any visual reminders that the man exists; and simply playing the waiting game as the incumbent government inevitably dismantles itself.

Hey.

I just met you.

And this is crazy.

But here's my number.

So call me.

Maybe.

Dead Man

White is black, and black is white. But I can't prove you wrong.

So I found this, from a QUT student:

So my assignment this semester at University is to help the LNP candidate for Griffith come up with a campaign to snatch young voters away from Kevin Rudd. It smelled fishy but I figured that our work would not be shared with the client and it was simply a real life example.
VDx7Wnt.jpg

That is until today where the candidate himself came with full campaign gear to talk about himself and Kevin Rudd's weaknesses. His Young Liberal helpers also handed out pamphlets and gave talks about how the LNP uses social networking. This made it seem like we were more involved in the campaign, almost too close. So then our lecture ended with:
"Assignments I think are the best I will pass onto our client."
This is clearly the LNP using University Students to help their think tank knockout Kevin Rudd. I'm not sure what to think of it but I just thought I would share it with you all.

Dirty as hell.

jambo

That's fucking disgusting

But man, I think I'm starting to really like the music that's in these YT videos. It sort of reminds me of the bits in movies like Shawshank Redemption or even Usual Suspects where you see the pieces of the story fall into place. I might look into who did the score...

SimCity music has been amazing ever since SC3000. 3000 and 4 were done by Jerry Martin and are definitely worth looking in to, pretty easy to find online.

SC5 is done by Chris Tilton, who's done a few other games and has also worked with JJ Abrams on a few things, including the Fringe music.

Here's the full SimCity 5 soundtrack on YouTube with download links =]

This would have been really awesome like a week ago. My manager decided it would be cool and Stoic etc to come in to work with the flu. Fuck people doing this, seriously. Now everyone at work is sick, as well as some customers I assume, and midsemester exams are coming up :mad:

and you work in food
that shit should be illegal

Powering Down Google Reader
3/13/2013 04:06:00 PM

Posted by Alan Green, Software Engineer

We have just announced on the Official Google Blog that we will soon retire Google Reader (the actual date is July 1, 2013). We know Reader has a devoted following who will be very sad to see it go. We’re sad too.

There are two simple reasons for this: usage of Google Reader has declined, and as a company we’re pouring all of our energy into fewer products. We think that kind of focus will make for a better user experience.

To ensure a smooth transition, we’re providing a three-month sunset period so you have sufficient time to find an alternative feed-reading solution. If you want to retain your Reader data, including subscriptions, you can do so through Google Takeout.
oh nos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom