• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
Also I bought a metal drink bottle from breadtop (yes that breadtop) and the waters still cold like 4 hours later!

And it was only 8 bucks!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
so today just turned into the best fucking day EVER.

went to the post office to pick up some mail. two packages there for me.

i cant decide which ones more awesome.

480604_495006843889302_734415991_n.jpg
601253_495006950555958_1214766563_n.jpg

Kritz

Banned
Oh god, it feels so good to be completely caught up with work again.

Adopting a sloth, now I've seen it all. Is it expensive or a few dollars a month deal?

Depends on the level of Astronaut training.

Steam ID? Non-existent.

Would you buy a Crackdown 3? As far as i'm concerned, Crackdown 1 was the Halo 3 Beta, and Crackdown 2 was I don't even know what.

Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas? I like candy, one of my friends is Mexican, and very sexy (but sadly neither of us is into dudes)

Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez? Halo 3 was easily my favourite Halo game.

Thin ice.

Dead Man

Happy birthday Mega!

For fucks sake. How can anyone sell that with a straight face?
Utterly unsurprised. Well, surprised Labor voted in favour I suppose :/
Flight was uneventful as ever, Qantas still totally sucks but the ticket was real cheap so I can't complain.

Going to move into my apartment later today! Had a look at my actual room yesterday and was glad that the room I was shown when I was first checking out the place wasn't a demo/display unit. That was really the only thing I was worried about.

Went to check out an international supermarket and it was kinda amazing. Big change from the local woolies/coles lol. They basically had everything, with Australia being pretty well represented in organic meats and fruit. And Pura milk is like 4 aud a litre:eek: Lots of super expensive Japanese stuff too - want a small punnet of Japanese strawberries, sure 40+ aud, what about a Japanese melon? No probs, 80 aud. The prices are probably not even that overly inflated either because fruit in Japan is pretty expensive. They even had fresh Hokkaido crabs that are air freighted in daily lol.

So yeah, pretty neat so far.
Sounds awesome.
It's quite an achievement to go that long without posting in AusGAF after leaving forever. Someone should give him a pat on the back.

Wait, he made a formal withdrawal? I missed it.

Edit: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-...ches-scathing-attack-on-media-reforms/4570592

In a speech that smacked as a declaration of war, Mr Williams was particularly scathing of the deadline set by Senator Conroy that Parliament pass the changes by the end of next week.

Mr Williams said Senator Conroy had "put a gun to the head of the Parliament, our industry and the Australian public".

"This is Soviet-style argument," he said.

"How dare Senator Conroy say he believes passionately in freedom of the press as a cornerstone of democracy.

"It is impossible to believe any such thing when these proposals are examined in a sober, disciplined way."

He also attacked the Government's proposal to appoint a new media watchdog, called a Public Interest Media Advocate, to be the final arbiter of major media mergers and to authorise independent bodies that deal with media standards and complaints.

Mr Williams renamed the body the "Public Interest Tsar" and says the Advocate would have too much power.

"Effectively the government-appointed advocate will have the power to close down our ability to report on that which is going on in our society," he said.

"Frankly, the so-called public interest test is nothing more than a political interest test."

Talk about making the argument for your opponent, what the hell is this ridiculousness?

wtf QLD :/
4571136-3x2-700x467.jpg

Patel now faces two outstanding manslaughter charges; two counts of grievous bodily harm, seven of fraud and one of attempted fraud

He will probably get off. Again.

Gave me a massive Cool Spot vibe!

Mrs. Parma's has good parmigiana, so I'm sure the schnitz on it's own is equally rad.

PS. Thanks for saying "schnitz". You know how I get when people call it "schnitty" or whatever (fucking Holy).
Mannn Cool Spot was awesome. Played the hell out of it on my SMS.

Also Schnitz is the best. Full stop.

Totally dude!

Does anyone else struggle to update their payment information on xbox.com.au? I can't do it in any browser.
Worked fine for me a few months back. Usually you have to go to a different Microsoft website to change your credit card stuff though.

Or do you mean paying in Allards rather than cash for GoD? Worked fine in Chrome for me, just hit the 'pay with points' button at checkout.

Hey guys, remember that time when the bot beat Donc and reptile? =P
Was that when I was having my iced chocolate or when I was watching Big Bang Theory?

Adopting a sloth, now I've seen it all. Is it expensive or a few dollars a month deal?
My son adopted an orangeatang for like $35 outright. Got a crayon case and everything!

Oh god, it feels so good to be completely caught up with work again
I have never heard those words uttered before :/

I don't imagine I will ever get to say them, today was fucking horrible :/

Danoss

Making Chili Con Carne for dinner tonight. I swear that Masterfoods have made their jarred Chili as weak as possible. I used to add a couple of heaping spoons of it with a generous amount of Chili powder and that would do the trick. Not tonight though.

Tonight I did that and it was barely detectable so I add another heaping spoon, still not good enough. More Chili powder, nope, not happening. Then I grab the Cayenne pepper powder and throw a dense, generous sprinkle over the lot. There we go!

There seems to be a track record of hot and spicy things getting weaker over time. Maybe I got a jar from a bad batch, I dunno. Oporto burgers used to be nice and spicy, not anymore. Nandos seems to have done the same last time I was there too, unless they put the wrong sauce on. People who like hot and spicy food need some love too, but we get tossed aside to cater for the everyman. When will it stop?

SwissLion

senahorse

Edit: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-...ches-scathing-attack-on-media-reforms/4570592

Talk about making the argument for your opponent, what the hell is this ridiculousness?

I dare say News Ltd have brought this on themselves. The amount of lies they have been reporting in recent times is out of control and makes them look like nothing more than a UK FUD tabloid. I found it rather funny when they attacked the Nick Ross the other day for writing a Labor slanted article when all they have done since Labor has been in power (or ever?) is act like a Liberal propaganda party.

Dead Man

Wait, so is it a Soviet Measure or a Tsarist measure? I love how often those two accusations are made in the same argument.

Angry people should just start yelling that things are getting really Russian around here and cut down on confusion.
LOL

I dare say News Ltd have brought this on themselves. The amount of lies they have been reporting in recent times is out of control and makes them look like nothing more than a UK FUD tabloid. I found it rather funny when they attacked the Nick Ross the other day for writing a Labor slanted article when all they have done since Labor has been in power (or ever?) is act like a Liberal propaganda party.

Indeed.
Making Chili Con Carne for dinner tonight. I swear that Masterfoods have made their jarred Chili as weak as possible. I used to add a couple of heaping spoons of it with a generous amount of Chili powder and that would do the trick. Not tonight though.

Tonight I did that and it was barely detectable so I add another heaping spoon, still not good enough. More Chili powder, nope, not happening. Then I grab the Cayenne pepper powder and throw a dense, generous sprinkle over the lot. There we go!

There seems to be a track record of hot and spicy things getting weaker over time. Maybe I got a jar from a bad batch, I dunno. Oporto burgers used to be nice and spicy, not anymore. Nandos seems to have done the same last time I was there too, unless they put the wrong sauce on. People who like hot and spicy food need some love too, but we get tossed aside to cater for the everyman. When will it stop?

Yeah. I find if I go to an Indian or Asian grocer they have bags of dried chillies that are hot as shit usually. Con Carne is awesome, I make it a lot at work, so easy, and most people like it if I don't make it hot.

Danoss

Yeah. I find if I go to an Indian or Asian grocer they have bags of dried chillies that are hot as shit usually. Con Carne is awesome, I make it a lot at work, so easy, and most people like it if I don't make it hot.

Wimps.

Many Indians have moved in around where I live, and this has resulted in a number of Indian grocery stores opening up. I'll have to pop in there and see what I can get. Been meaning to grab some mango pulp to make some Kulfi, might as well grab some dried chilies while I'm there.

Thanks for the reminder!

Omikron

The L4D2 bug has hit pretty hard again. Damn it is a fine, fine game.

Dark Carnival probably my favourite campaign out of 1 & 2 combined. Couple really great sections.

Today on adventures working at kfc.

A man is walking around outside the complex and decides his shoes are uncomfortable. He takes them off, and somehow cuts his foot on glass. Oblivious, he enters the complex and walks up to kfc, leaving a trail of blood behind him. He orders his food, stands around waiting at the counter, and only when his meal arrives does he notice the pool of blood around his feet (apparently is was roughly 50cm in diameter). He feels a bit woozy, and asks if the manager has a first aid kit he can use. When we tell him that the manager is busy and will be out in a few minutes (no one could see the blood at that point), he says that she'd better hurry, he's terminally ill. At first we think he's joking, then we realise he's not. And what, pray tell, does he have? Its flipping HIV.

I'm sorry Transhuman... Until today I thought your name was Tran-shu-man :(

No, but in completely unrelated news, Yagharek is still actively posting, just not in here.
Why'd he leave I wonder.

Holy, you're a weird guy

Weird... or great?

Danoss

looks like it....lol
I can't believe people will lower changes of getting laid by just putting a customer in less you are planing to wearing at dress up party where everybody a tv show character???

Was this post produced using voice narration software?

Where else you gonna wear a costume? Unless Holy is going to bum around on the streets in a Goku costume of course

You could wear it around the house like pajamas, weirding out delivery guys and your housemates! Or wear it to nerd gatherings like supanova and university anime clubs, I guarantee the weeaboo girls will be impressed.

jambo

The L4D2 bug has hit pretty hard again. Damn it is a fine, fine game.

Dark Carnival probably my favourite campaign out of 1 & 2 combined. Couple really great sections.

So addicted at the moment, even SP with bots (custom Steam Workshop AI though, so they use melee and are smarter).

Another thing that has me addicted again, apart from the amazing gameplay, is the custom weapons in the Steam Workshop.

I've replaced my pistols, Uzi, both pump shotguns, M16, AK and sniper rifle. The pistols are so good (Berettas) that I've started using them again over melee, L4D1 style. If you aim at head height you can clear out a zombie horde in no time with all 25 rounds.

I played some SP tonight and I'm not quite sure what happened to the AI Director. We were on the 4th chapter of Death Toll and we got about 7 waves in a row as well as specials and it just destroyed us. Every time we'd pick people up to move on, another horde would hit. Eventually we got swarmed and all went down =\

My new favourite gun

Amazing character design and texturing

Louis sure loves those pills...

I can help with L4D2 from the US store but I dont have the money to cover it. I sent him a pm, but if someone else wanted to pick it up for him you can contact me with a pm.

Salazar

You could wear it around the house like pajamas, weirding out delivery guys and your housemates! Or wear it to nerd gatherings like supanova and university anime clubs, I guarantee the weeaboo girls will be impressed.

I walked past those dancing folks at uni on the way to the bus this evening, and there were a whole lot of furry animal hats.

Jintor

I've killed five mozzies tonight that buzzed me as I was trying to sleep.

also discovered the voice function On this tablet ashley make pretty accurate actually nevermindfull stop umm habiba how to get punctuation working note amazon music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom