• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

My gf is doing some live tech stuff for Fringe, and the venue has some questionable fire safety standards.

They're propping an emergency fire door open with a fire extinguisher...
Jesus. Adelaide is awesome sometimes.

Grab Metal Gear Solid off PSN, then get on this.

Not unlike Jint I've started in on the first after playing Revengeance (though I'm using an ex-rental I bought when I first got a PSOne in 2004) and am really enjoying it. Playing on easy because I cannot in to stealth but am a ways passed the disc change and I'm surprised by how much I've gotten in to it.
See, I would, but then...

I never liked any of the ones I played. Also, my experience mirrors that of Dara O'Briain's here. I've set it to skip to the appropriate bit, but the whole show is worth watching and there is more on video games if you go back a few minutes.
this...
I've played MGS2. I bought the trilogy. And could barely get through the first level of 3 before getting bored of the game and the endless radio scenes full of nonsense.
and this make me think I really just shouldn't bother. I think it is not for me. I like the gameplay from what I've seen, but the story would drive me batshit.
Just play Snake Eater. Celebrate the purchase of your new slim PS3 with the MGS HD collection!
Hah, already celebrating with a burnt in circle from Farcry's map. :( It might not be burnt in, but it is certainly the longest image retention I've seen on the tv so far.

Drank a Berliner Weiße (a sour beer, made sour with lactic acid) tonight, which was brewed with a couple of different yeasts, one of which was Brett (Brettanomyces yeast, often considered unwelcome except in sour and tart beers), and also flavoured with a little squid ink:

1fb87f888d4011e283e622000a1fb86d_7.jpg

Tastes much better than it looks!
That's... umm... that's quite something. I don't think I could get my head past the colour.

Why can't assholes who play music way too loud ever have good taste in music?

Because then they wouldn't be arseholes. And since when are you American?

Edit: Danoss, that Dara O'Briain segment is awesome!

See, I would, but then...

this...

and this make me think I really just shouldn't bother. I think it is not for me. I like the gameplay from what I've seen, but the story would drive me batshit.

Fair enough, then. I kinda dig wacky Japanese melodrama stuff so the whole story and codec conversations/info dumps don't bother me. I understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea though :)

Rlan

Is UE3 experience handy? Bit of an open description!
/QUOTE]

Anything really. We're more after your quick thinking and processes. I don't program a thing, but i do a lot of UI stuff as well as solving issues with game mechanics and flow. Code experience is a plus for prototyping though!

You really should stick with MGS2. The best way to deal with the batshit-insane story is to skip any cinematics and hold the skip button down during the codec chats.

"Do you think love..." *skip*
"Hi jack..." *skip*

MGS2 and 3 are really fun to play but I don't think I could ever really listen to Kojima's ramblings in full.

Fucking Sleepy Dogs.

I own you on PC, PS3 and now 360.

And each fucking time I buy more DLC. Even though it ain't necessary at all!

I just can't fucking quite you dog.

PSA: Currently $10/600 allards on GoD
A bundle of the 5 pre-order DLC packs is 320 allards
The first decent sized DLC is 280 allards

Also eBay seller here has 4000 allards for $47 at the moment, code messaged to you once paid.
Works out to $4.70 per 400 allard block, way cheaper than buying direct.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
:D I can hear the f1 cars from my bed.

cant wait for tomorrow, going to be good. getting down there at 7:30am to line up for a good spot :D

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff Finally thought I found a good deal on a speaker/charging dock for Android. $30 for a Bauhn one at Aldi. Fucking microusb plug is around the wrong way for Samsung/HP devices. :/

Bauhn devices must have the shorter length at the back of the device rather than pointing at the front. Not sure if I should risk breaking the plastic shell to see if it can be turned around, has been put together pretty well (i.e. taking the screws out didn't work).

Don't recall resident bargain cold blooded animal posting this...

free turf from Adelaide oval lul
Adelaide Oval was terrible, wouldn't wipe my arse with that turf :)

Bill Shatner is reading Banjo Patterson to us...

=D
Youtube. Reddit. Instant money and fame for you my friend.

I forgot that the Max Payne 3 credits run for 30+ minutes...

The heck is trap music.

Apparently it's been around since early 2000s.

OG Trap was shit though.

Although the use by electronic musicians the last few months is shit too, but at least it is less shit and blended into better music.

Nah it's just shit.

I can usually enjoy every passing musical fad but for some reason I can't think of anything nice to say about Trap :(

All about the Witch House yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom