• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to playing Sleeping Dogs. Game is amazing. Driving camera controls suck though.
I wish to perform horrible, permanent damage to the wobbles of the person that programmed the driving camera. I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!!

Is there a way to have multiple psn accounts on the ps vita?
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Multiple cards only. I account per card. You have to switch cards (and perform a system reset) every time you want to change accounts. This means that you can't perform the buy on US account play on AU account trick. Boo-urns!

Just watched the entire movie of Toy Story with my son. He has only ever really watched burst of shows/movies so that was pretty special. Wanted to start Toy Story 2 straight away but probably a good idea to space it out a bit lol.

Longest before that was probably 30 minutes of Cars at a time.

Seriously?
Was certainly around that mark. I watched an entire episode of Archer plus some internet browsing in between putting down the controller and getting back to the main menu.

Finally got around to playing Sleeping Dogs. Game is amazing. Driving camera controls suck though.

Is there a way to have multiple psn accounts on the ps vita?

You get used to the driving camera, at least on PC I did. Took fucking ages to download to 360 last night, was about 30% the speed all other Xbox downloads were doing, must have been due to it being so big? The DLC stuff was at good speeds, very weird. Also when it finished downloading it killed the frame rate in Max Payne 3, dropped to 4-5fps and only fixed itself when I went in and out of bullet time. Going into the Start menu didn't work oddly.

Kritz

Banned
Just watched the entire movie of Toy Story with my son. He has only ever really watched burst of shows/movies so that was pretty special. Wanted to start Toy Story 2 straight away but probably a good idea to space it out a bit lol.

Wait a minute, I just lit a rocket.
ROCKETS EXPLODE!

How old is your boy? My son loves all the Pixar movies and last night we watched Toy Story 3 and he got quite worried in the garbage dump scene. Poor little bugger.

How old is your boy? My son loves all the Pixar movies and last night we watched Toy Story 3 and he got quite worried in the garbage dump scene. Poor little bugger.

2 and a quarter. Yeah I think we will save TS3 for a few years, some heavy stuff going on in there. Or at least for when he is tired so he doesn't think too much about it and I can explain it in a nice way for him.

Cars 2 is way too fucking violent though. Didn't expect that after the first movie :/

2 and a quarter. Yeah I think we will save TS3 for a few years, some heavy stuff going on in there. Or at least for when he is tired so he doesn't think too much about it and I can explain it in a nice way for him.

Cars 2 is way too fucking violent though. Didn't expect that after the first movie :/

Same age as mine. His favourite is probably Bugs life or Cars but also loves Lion King and 101 Dalmatians out of the Disney flicks. We have seen Cars 2 yet. Maybe we should wait.

He isn't quite there yet in terms of attention. He is starting to sit and focus on things for longer now, which should help let us get more things done around the house too! Will give Lion King another shot next week, one of my favourite movies :)

Same age as mine. His favourite is probably Bugs life or Cars but also loves Lion King and 101 Dalmatians out of the Disney flicks. We have seen Cars 2 yet. Maybe we should wait.

There is a lot of spy stuff, lots of gunfire, towards the start of the movie.

Anyone a power user of paypal here? If so, i have a question.

if i get paid for something in Us Dollars to my paypal account, and i want to buy something with that money in US dollars, does paypal have any hidden stings/unnecessary exchange rates/ Aus Tax for these transactions over and above their usual fees. So i have an account in australia and at no point will the transactions be in australian dollars or with australian merchants.

I guess im asking whether they automatically convert currencies for these types of transactions because i'm not in the US?

Anyone with similar experiences who can shed some light?

He isn't quite there yet in terms of attention. He is starting to sit and focus on things for longer now, which should help let us get more things done around the house too! Will give Lion King another shot next week, one of my favourite movies :)

There is a lot of spy stuff, lots of gunfire, towards the start of the movie.

I'm so glad my boy loves the Lion King because its my favourite Disney flick. My son doesn't quite have the attention spam yet either.

The Raiders could go from semi-finalists to wooden spooners this year. The Titans are just towelling them up.
There are a surprising number of teams in the NRL that just look like complete crap this year. It's normally pretty much a parity league, not this year from the looks of things

Danoss

I'd hope the quality of football improves as the year goes on. It's usually a bit scrappy early on, but some of them are absolutely horrendous.

I stopped watching the Titans/Raiders game at half time, it was an absolute joke and the Raiders defense made them look like an NYC team. The Tigers/Panthers game is better, but not by much.

Edit: Some of the decisions made by the Tigers are baffling. It's like they're asking themselves "what's the worst possible option available to me right now?" and then acting on it.

I don't think the Raiders are this bad. They can't be. They've got a good squad. The whole Dugan/Ferguson thing must have taken their heads out of the game or something.

Danoss

A good coach would be able to use that to bring them closer together, to play better to make up for their absence. Furner is not a good coach and cannot do this. It should be easy considering both missing players are massive wankers, but he's found a way to fuck it up.

Their halves aren't doing much for their attack, which isn't helping things. Williams shows promise, but he's got a while to go. McCrone is just awful.

I don't know about that dude, McCrone is pretty handy. He seemed like one of the few guys they had trying to do something today.
I think they need Campo back. He'll help. for like 4 games before he gets hurt again.

Danoss

Blame Furner for Campese being injured so quickly upon his return last year. He wasn't ready to come back and that's why he so easily re-injured himself. Furner did the same thing to Dugan, if you saw what his shoulder looked like last year when he was playing, you'd almost lose your lunch.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Multiple cards only. I account per card. You have to switch cards (and perform a system reset) every time you want to change accounts. This means that you can't perform the buy on US account play on AU account trick. Boo-urns!

Yeah I had to delete my US account to add my AU account (for MGS HD, that's now free on plus).

Anyone a power user of paypal here? If so, i have a question.

if i get paid for something in Us Dollars to my paypal account, and i want to buy something with that money in US dollars, does paypal have any hidden stings/unnecessary exchange rates/ Aus Tax for these transactions over and above their usual fees. So i have an account in australia and at no point will the transactions be in australian dollars or with australian merchants.

I guess im asking whether they automatically convert currencies for these types of transactions because i'm not in the US?

Anyone with similar experiences who can shed some light?

No tax, but the money will be converted according to paypal's exchange rate when it comes into your account. There is no conversion charge. You have the ability to pay in any currency, paypal will convert accordingly.

How long is Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine? I'm kind of bored of it already. Up to ... uh ... haven't really been paying attention. Act 5?
Heading towards that spire thing I blew up with the titan robot

TASgaf, I'm planning a short trip to Tasmania in June, any recommendations on sightseeing and activities to do?

Have you been there before?

Tropcio 4 is a pretty fun city builder. Game makes me laugh.
Game is good. In some ways better than SimCity because of its more limited scope and that it doesn't take itself seriously.

Considered picking up SimCity 4 but I know I'd get a bit bored with it. I find Tropico more fun, overall.

There is no conversion charge. You have the ability to pay in any currency, paypal will convert accordingly.
Of course, the PayPal rate is usually 2c behind whatever the actual rate is.

markot

Banned
brumbies_logo1.gif

Salazar

Thanks for making me fling open the window like an idiot. I knew in my heart it was impossible, but I just couldn't help but check ;.;

Am waiting for it to stop (and for stores to open, so I can take cover in them) before I run out and take zillions of photos of half-buried gothic architecture.

Am waiting for it to stop (and for stores to open, so I can take cover in them) before I run out and take zillions of photos of half-buried gothic architecture.

ooooooooh are you back in London? I'm very jealous. Though I've probably got a bit of a romanticized image of the atmosphere in my head :p Cold?

How long is Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine? I'm kind of bored of it already. Up to ... uh ... haven't really been paying attention. Act 5?
Turns out that was pretty near the end. Just finished it. Enjoyable, but it was pretty one-note, and after eight hours of that note I was over said note.

jambo

Awesome day today at Oz Comic-Con. Got a photo with Richard Dean Anderson and he was loving it. He said "hi kids" to my gf and me and then hugged us both. He was doing autographs for ages as well, way past his allotted time.

His Q&A was also hilarious. Lots and lots of questions, plus his wacky humour and random improv.

Most important thing I learnt was that he and Chris Judge used to have farting contests on the set of SG-1.

And Chris won every time.

Record and Youtube that shit.

Youtube. Reddit. Instant money and fame for you my friend.

You're only allowed to take photos in the first 5 minutes and no video at any time.

They record all the panels for a DVD release though so I'll pick that up in a few months.

Shaneus

I saw a dude on the tram to Albert Park today that was wearing an old Idle Thumbs hoodie. And when I say old, I mean OLD:
its_good_for_you.jpg

Except the hoodie was black, and it wasn't a t-shirt. Obviously I went up to him and had a chat :)

Shaneus

Yeah, I didn't even recognise it as a Thumbs thing first. As in, it said it (obviously) but I made sure it wasn't something else referring to "idle thumbs" (as a phrase). I assume that was a logo/saying pre-podcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom