• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
They alluded to a background story but never fleshed it out. What was in the games is laughable.
I bet the story would have ended up a lot better. If it ended up being a RTS/RPG hybrid like they originally planned with the series for PC.

I made delicious turkish bread toasties for breakfast this morning. Fried up some halloumi and added some tomato. Disappear for a moment to go get basil. Return to find that boyfriend has covered the turkish bread in Japanese mayonnaise and a thick layer of Jalapeno Tabasco sauce. Mayo ended up tasting okay, but there was so SO much tabasco.

I made delicious turkish bread toasties for breakfast this morning. Fried up some halloumi and added some tomato. Disappear for a moment to go get basil. Return to find that boyfriend has covered the turkish bread in Japanese mayonnaise and a thick layer of Jalapeno Tabasco sauce. Mayo ended up tasting okay, but there was so SO much tabasco.

You've got yourself a keeper there shan

Stackboy

Anyway, going to see Bruce Springsteen in March. Looking forward to a three hour concert.

I'm heading back to the States in March next year and am missing a bunch of great tours. Mutemath, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Mad Caddies and Bruce Springsteen. Can't be too angry about Springsteen, saw him at Madison Square Garden this year. Plus heading back to the states will be fun.

Have a great time with The Boss!

Dead Man

Judge pretty much evicerated Ashby and the liberals.

Good.

Also:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-12/power-surge-causes-numerous-house-fires/4423702
A power surge is believed to have caused almost 50 house fires in Melbourne's south-east this morning.

The Country Fire Authority (CFA) has urged residents in the Mt Martha or Mornington, north of Craigie Road and south of Bungower, to return to their homes and check for damage.

So who pays for that?

teekun

I like The Smiths, Radiohead, Pink Floyd AND Bruce Springsteen.

This right here is the correct answer.

Speaking of music, PAXAus has started announcing their musical lineup. Looks like the usual bunch of American nerdcore acts so far: MC Frontalot and The Protomen.

jambo

http://games.on.net/2012/12/games-o...-gaming-delivers-best-prices-for-australians/

games.on.net announces partnership with Green Man Gaming, delivers best prices for Australians

Regular readers of games.on.net will notice that we often like to link to Green Man Gaming — for the simple reason that the site delivers what are nearly always the best possible prices for Australian gamers.

Now, we’ve been working with the green men to take our relationship a step further. Today, we’re proud to announce that we’ve entered into an affiliate relationship with Green Man Gaming.

What does this mean for you? Well, it means cheaper games. We’ll be able to offer special deals to games.on.net members, organised directly through Green Man Gaming. And for us, it means that we’ll receive a small percentage of any sale price, that will go directly back into making games.on.net a better experience and supporting the growth of our servers and file library.

Pretty cool!

Why, are they a distribution company?

I ask because I looked at the website and couldn't quite figure out what they were. They seem to just offer news and are a community for PC Gamers but I couldn't really work out their full purpose by existing.

Shaneus

Yagharek

Just on topic of music (not that I'm really having a go at Muse fans, just radiohead ones) I find it hard to think of many bands/artists I would consider my favourites. I'd probably have no problem listing Orbital. Most others I go off after several years, but they are a permanent fixture.

jambo

Mine would be, in no particular order:

Pink Floyd
Genesis
Led Zeppelin
The Doors
Dire Straits
Yes
Radiohead
The Beatles
Porcupine Tree
Daft Punk
CCR

And then a bunch of rock bands and trance producers. Also classical music!

I ask because I looked at the website and couldn't quite figure out what they were. They seem to just offer news and are a community for PC Gamers but I couldn't really work out their full purpose by existing.

They are the gaming arm of the ISP Internode, much like GameArena is for Telstra.

Are "games.on.net members" people who have signed up to their website or are they only people who have their ISPs (such as Internote, iiNet) associated with them?

Members are anyone who signs up on the website. So even if you have Internode as your ISP you have to sign up on the GON website to reap the rewards.

Pretty much all my favourite bands are coming to soundwave next year! Sum 41, Blink 182, Offspring etc. I am aware my music tastes are rather shitty, but I'll listen to pretty much anything. I've been getting more into K-pop recently..

Pretty much all my favourite bands are coming to soundwave next year! Sum 41, Blink 182, Offspring etc. I am aware my music tastes are rather shitty, but I'll listen to pretty much anything. I've been getting more into K-pop recently..
Sum 41 and Blink 182 put out incredible, mature albums. Which was followed up by complete fucking horse shit.

HORSE SHIT

ALSO OFFSPRING HAVEN'T BEEN WORTHWHILE IN A DECADE

N0VAM0D

So, I ended up grabbing a PS Vita today. I picked up the AC: Liberation+4 GB memory card bundle. Does anyone have any idea where I can get a reasonably cheap 16/32 GB memory card? 4 GB of memory isn't enough at all.

Salazar

I've been getting more into K-pop recently..

W8aJq.gif

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
My favorite bands / artists in no order.

Boris
Agalloch
Yo La Tengo
Animal Collective
Mono
Nujabes
Cyne
Slowdive
World End Girlfriend
The National
Stars of the Lid
Kylesa
Lykathea Aflame
The Microphones / Mount Eerie
Cocteau Twins
Melt-banana
Kate Bush
Deathspell omega

Covers a pretty diverse range of styles methinks. Although there's plenty of other bands I love to death.>:

Yagharek

God I'm old :( I was drinking legally when Self Esteem came out. And 22 when What's My Age came out. Fuck.

You know how high school leavers songs are almost always green day's time of your life?

It actually came out the year I left school.

Original represent or something.

I was more partial to F.O.D though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom