• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
OzGameShop have the Dr Who screwdriver Wiimote for $10 posted. Nerds. Ends at midnight!

At least I don't listen to Goo Goo Dolls :p
Hey nothing wrong with Goo Goo Dolls! Solid albums the lot.

rep - you are a terrible, terrible person - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut_W88R1nxc

edit: god damn i love that track.
Well fuck, I can't believe I forget them. Blackwater Park is godtier forever.

Not the biggest fan of the new album though
*runs*

jambo

AusGAF at PAXAus 2013

jambo
Aniseed
Aon
BananaArnie
Clipper
DarthHomer
Frawdder
Gazunta
Kritz
Megadrive
Rahk
reptilescorpio
Rezbit
r1chard
Rlan
Shaneus
shanshan310
shanshan310's hunk of man
Stackboy

For those that have already bought tickets, I've set up one of those Google form things so we can keep everyone's data of which days you are going and stuff. That will make it a lot easier to choose the dates we'll have to select from when we do our inevitable meetup.

Click here to fill in the form.

Post if you're going to PAXAus next year!

Rezbit

I'll be there the Fri and Sat, but I'm going with friends so I don't know how much time I'll be able to catch up with you guys. Will try anyway.

Gazunta

I want to see a Gazunta music top 10.

You bastards have me up way too late watching music videos. Currently watching a 2001 Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds live show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gl2irIBAuQ

The Clouds / Jodi Phillis

and then everything else in distant 2 second place and beyond.

Equal tie between Custard / You Am I / Pollyanna / Screamfeeder / Rebecca's Empire / Deadstar and any other great Aussie rock band of the early '90s (yes, this is cheating, no, I don't care)
Pink Floyd
The Pixies / The Breeders
The Beatles
Muse
Sonic Youth
Nirvana
Stereophonics
Rob Hubbard and Martin Galway

Although I have a weird outliers. I think You Stole The Sun From My Heart by Manic Street Preachers is the greatest song ever made. I listened to it on continuous loop for about two years...but I'm really not much of a Manics fan. I think Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys is the best example of music made in modern society...but I'm really not a Beach Boys fan.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Vooks Crazy idea of the Night.

Nintendo 3DS Version 2.0

- Retina (double resolution) screen (with 3D). Touch screen remains the same.
- Extra RAM, CPU, GPU to power new screen.
- Games come with 2x assets just like iOS titles. So can ran on both systems.
- Size: Inbetween the size of an 3DS XL and 3DS.
- Design: Mini 3DS XL essentially.
- Extra RAM and CPU can run Miiverse and Nintendo Network in the background the entire time
- Miiverse is available on older 3DS but can't run in background.
- Double Battery Life
- Price the same.

- No Second Pad, No Capacitive screen as this would split the userbase.

Frawdder

AusGAF at PAXAus 2013

jambo
BananaArnie
Clipper
Gazunta
Kritz
Megadrive
Rahk
reptilescorpio
Rezbit
r1chard
Rlan
Shaneus
shanshan310
Stackboy

I'll be there all 3 days.

Also, before we move on from music, here's what I listen to

In no order except the first one:
Queens of the Stone Age
Tool
Karnivool
Arctic Monkeys
Mastodon
Birds of Tokyo
Opeth
Children Collide
The Black Keys
Muse
Them Crooked Vultures

i think steam just gave me another 6 copies of dota
also i cant add any podcast to my ipod except for those 5 eps of idle thumbs that worked

Kirby102

i think steam just gave me another 6 copies of dota
Yeah I got that too, looks like everyone can play now! (hopefully)

Also, why hasn't that Karaoke app on Xbox 360 hit AU yet... I'm so excited for it. Only the Karaoke Smartglass Remote is on there... zzz.

And also...

QS3ew.gif

jambo

Updated the post again.

Also, I've been up all night emptying out stuff off of an old hard drive I'm giving to someone and I've been listening to Crazy Penis as I go.

The Wicked Is Music is a phenomenal downtempo/deep house/electronic album. Beautiful vocals from Dannielle Moore.

Darklord

Banned
What would be the best place to buy a Wii Mini? As in, where can I order something from Canada without it costs $45,000 in shipping? I feel like that thing will end up super rare and a Nintendo screw up, making it something I want. It's like the virtual boy!

Oh, Gaz. Everything was going fine. You were listing music and I, for the most part, was really agreeing and digging your style. And then... And then this happened:
Although I have a weird outliers. I think You Stole The Sun From My Heart by Manic Street Preachers is the greatest song ever made. I listened to it on continuous loop for about two years...but I'm really not much of a Manics fan.
And now I feel weird. For you. And now, because of it, for me.

What went wrong, Gaz? and where?

Snap.

And Happiest of Birthing Days to you, sir.

What would be the best place to buy a Wii Mini? As in, where can I order something from Canada without it costs $45,000 in shipping? I feel like that thing will end up super rare and a Nintendo screw up, making it something I want. It's like the virtual boy!
Invest in an Emu farm instead, you crazy person. Or send the money to me. You'll see the same return.

Clipper

I have used videogamesplus.ca in the past, but their shipping rate is CA$140, which is probably a tad high for a CA$99 product.

Their shipping rate is CA$20 to the US, though, so you coud use HopShopGo or a different shipping company to get you from the US address to Australia for probably about $50.

AusGAF at PAXAus 2013

jambo
BananaArnie
Clipper
Frawdder
Gazunta
Kritz
Megadrive
Rahk
reptilescorpio
Rezbit
r1chard
Rlan
Shaneus
shanshan310
Stackboy

You can add Aon and Aniseed as well due to the form.

People in the above post who have not yet filled in the form for your potential availability info:

Kritz
Megadrive
Rezbit
Rlan
shanshan310
Stackboy

Feel free to submit a tentative schedule now and update or cancel it later by letting me know (it's mostly so we have an idea of which days people are going and stuff.)

Omikron

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
23 hours with no food. 2 hours sleep. Been at the sydney markets since 2:30am, flight to syd was delayed by 3.5 hours. Flying back to melb in 5 hours. So as a request, laf or legend can u post my last.fm top 15 for me?? Ty.

AusGAF at PAXAus 2013

jambo
BananaArnie
Clipper
Frawdder
Gazunta
Kritz
Megadrive
Rahk
reptilescorpio
Rezbit
r1chard
Rlan
Shaneus
shanshan310
Stackboy

Put my deets in the form, but yeah, am coming along.

Stackboy

I like:

- The Living End
- Streetlight Manifesto
- Five Iron Frenzy

You and me, we aren't so different. FIF is a great band, but they don't make my top list.

My fave bands.

-RX Bandits
-Queens of the Stoneage
-Streetlight Manifesto
-Sublime
-Something for Kate
-Sigur Ros
-The Living End

Fredescu

Oh, Gaz. Everything was going fine. You were listing music and I, for the most part, was really agreeing and digging your style.
Now I want to see a JASE list too.

I would make a list but I'm afraid I'd miss something without looking at my MP3 collection, and I still haven't set up my NAS at the new place because effort. So instead I'll repost an effort post I made a few AusGAFs ago when Triple J were doing a top 100 Australian Album poll. Just add Sonic Youth and various Mike Patton stuff and it's pretty close to my all time faves anyway.

With my wife in bed with a toothache, I spent my Sunday reminiscing. Here's the culturally irrelevant top 10 of an old man who hasn't listened to music in ten years.

You Am I - Hourly, Daily
Tuesday - Soldier - Mr Milk

Paradise Motel - Still Life
Men Who Loved Her - Bad Light - Calling You

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Henry's Dream
Papa Won't Leave You, Henry - John Finn's Wife - Brother, My Cup is Empty

Underground Lovers - Dream It Down
Beautiful World - Las Vegas - Weak Will (from the soundtrack of the game Quarantine) - Whole album.

Crowded House - Temple of Low Men
Sister Madly (I was there!) - Into Temptation - Kill Eye

You Am I - Hi Fi Way
Purple Sneakers - Jewels and Bullets - Ken (The Mother Nature's Son)

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Let Love In
Red Right Hand - I Let Love In - Thirsty Dog

Custard - Wahooti Fandango
Pack Yr Suitcases - Alone (I was there also) - Singlette - Whole Album

Crowded House - Together Alone
Distant Sun - Kare Kare - Private Universe

--

Honorable mentions:

Live Seeds is my favorite Bad Seeds album, but it won't let me vote for it because I guess live compilations don't count.
Plain Gold Ring - The Ship Song - The Weeping Song - From Her To Eternity

Every other Crowded House Album
Four Seasons in One Day - Chocolate Cake - Don't Dream It's Over

Smudge - You Me Carpark... Now
Mike Love, Not War - Pedantic

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Your Funeral...My Trial
The Carny - Scum - You're Funeral, My Trial

SPDFGH - Leave Me Like This
Wikky's Ode (shh, there were better songs on the album)

Screamfeeder - Kitten Licks
Gravity - Dart

Bluebottle Kiss - Fear of Girls
Autumn Comes Too Soon

Gyroscope - Are You Involved?
Sexxxy - 22 of 3

Augie March - Moo, You Bloody Choir
Cold Acre - One Crowded Hour

--

Very interested in hearing other peoples selections!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom