• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

YcHyC.jpg

Yagharek

Nyaaaaaaarrrggh. Someone check, but psn Europe has symphony of the night finally! Is it on aus psn? And rumour is its not vita compatible

You can add Aon and Aniseed as well due to the form.

People in the above post who have not yet filled in the form for your potential availability info:

BananaArnie
Kritz
Megadrive
Rezbit
Rlan
Shaneus
shanshan310
Stackboy

Feel free to submit a tentative schedule now and update or cancel it later by letting me know (it's mostly so we have an idea of which days people are going and stuff.)
I think youll find i have filled in the form

Shaneus

I miss seeing this logo before games... =[

0Iwwy.png
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Apogee/3D Realms have struck up something pretty official with GOG. The fact that they have Terminal Velocity on there now (wooooo!) is so awesome. Was never a massive fan of their earlier stuff though. Having said that... if they had Secret Agent Man on there, I'd be pretty happy.

While we're at it, we need Rick Dangerous on GOG.

To be fair, his confidence is pretty well founded. Pretty sure he's going to be PM.

It isn't exactly the wisest choice, he's acting like he'll become as iconic as John Howard or Ronald Reagan within the conservative base. If he loses the election then he'd have to be more red faced than Alex Downer from how embarrassing he made his career.

Even if he does become PM the book isn't very specific, it's just 150ish pages of Liberal talking points, no real policies. Which makes it even more insulting to people who follow politics that such a snake of a politician can get into the office without much of a scratch on him.

Clipper

New list of attendees edited from jambo's post:

Aniseed
Aon
BananaArnie
Clipper
DarthHomer
Frawdder
Gazunta
Holycheck
jambo
Kritz
Megadrive
Rahk
reptilescorpio
Rezbit
r1chard
Rlan
Shaneus
shanshan310
shanshan310's hunk of man
Stackboy
teekun

And new list of people that are yet to add details to the form:

Kritz (will fill in once he knows what friends are doing)
Rezbit
Rlan
shanshan310
Stackboy (will fill in once he uses a computer that isn't Google Doc-Blocked

senahorse

From twerp's little essay :

Why put so much into the NBN when the same investment could more than duplicate the Pacific Highway, Sydney’s M5 and the road between Hobart and Launceston;
build Sydney’s M4 East, the Melbourne Metro, and Brisbane’s crosscity rail; and upgrade Perth Airport and still leave about $10 billion for faster broadband?

And there we have it, he has also recently been quoted saying he would like to cancel white elephants such as the NBN, this man frustrates me to no end in this space. He is also constantly contradicting his own communications minister. In my own opinion, unless forced by the greens (if they hold the balance of power) there will be no NBN and we will end up with an even more hodge podged patched network. The frustrating thing for the public is when the benefits of the NBN are realised and some people can take advantage of them while others cannot.

Axiom

Does anyone know a qualified, working graphic designer I can pop a few questions too? I have a week to hand in this assignment and everyone I've asked keeps putting me off.

I'm starting to panic.

On the note of Prog Rock/Metal I recently grabbed the latest LaBrie album and it is quite good fun.

A slab of "ginger beer" from Dans for $19! Ordered 2 for Christmas.

The 75% off Bullfrog pack is pretty good too. I bit.
That whole email I got from GOG looks awesome. Will spend up big once I get home.

EVERYONE BETTER ALREADY OWN ARCANUM OR YOU BETTER BUY IT FOR THREE DOLLAR YOU BUGGERS

To be fair, his confidence is pretty well founded. Pretty sure he's going to be PM.
Yep :(

How the fuck can they run that on the front page of a newspaper? Like a bunch of fucking children. The fuck. :(

HOLY SHIT!

Imagine Choc's rage if he called someone a "knob" and an "idiot" and then got banned for it. He'd probably lie about the thread on Twitter.

Wait, Choc is banned again? I barely check Twitter now :(

legend166

Does anyone else get the feeling the Wii U is going to be a huge bomb? Like, of GameCube proportions?

It just doesn't seem like anyone is going to make games for it. At all. Look at the western publishers that still exist:

- EA: basically have zero interest in the console. At this point I'm convinced Iwata had an affair with Riccitello's wife.
- Ubisoft: - They'll put out ports and Just Dance. Doubt they'll make any more exclusives after Rayman.
- Take Two: - won't support it.
- THQ: Soon to be dead.
- Activison: Barely release anything outside of CoD and Skylanders anyway.
- Bethesda: Can't picture them providing any support.

It might have some okay support in Japan, but handhelds rule there and for the developers still making console games want nothing more than to appeal to the west (see: Dark "we want that sweet sweet Elder Scrolls money" Souls 2).

All the developers that could have found a home on the Wii U are dead. Mid-tier games are dead and they are never coming back. It's big budgets or $10 DD games, with nothing in between. Talking consoles only here, of course.

If I didn't basically shift 90% of my gaming to PC this would make me really sad. It certainly makes the 14 year old Nintendo fanboy version of me sad.

Any of MelGAF interested in Friday night drinks? Holy, Banana, Omi and I have all expressed some sort of interest. Any other takers? Perhaps other MelGAFfers in the thread who haven't attended any meets might want to come along.

Beer DeLuxe is always nice and central, so that's easy unless anyone's got any other ideas.

Does anyone else get the feeling the Wii U is going to be a huge bomb? Like, of GameCube proportions?

It just doesn't seem like anyone is going to make games for it. At all. Look at the western publishers that still exist:

- EA: basically have zero interest in the console. At this point I'm convinced Iwata had an affair with Riccitello's wife.
- Ubisoft: - They'll put out ports and Just Dance. Doubt they'll make any more exclusives after Rayman.
- Take Two: - won't support it.
- THQ: Soon to be dead.
- Activison: Barely release anything outside of CoD and Skylanders anyway.
- Bethesda: Can't picture them providing any support.

It might have some okay support in Japan, but handhelds rule there and for the developers still making console games want nothing more than to appeal to the west (see: Dark "we want that sweet sweet Elder Scrolls money" Souls 2).

All the developers that could have found a home on the Wii U are dead. Mid-tier games are dead and they are never coming back. It's big budgets or $10 DD games, with nothing in between. Talking consoles only here, of course.

If I didn't basically shift 90% of my gaming to PC this would make me really sad. It certainly makes the 14 year old Nintendo fanboy version of me sad.

I'd agree with most of this except UBI will probably try another exclusive or two, shit they had a Vita exclusive AC spinoff. Japanese support is probable but strangely atm there is even less announced Japanese games for it than western. You are also forgetting Square Enix as a western publisher :p but I don't see much support from them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom